I am loving the positivity that is omnipresent with our new President-Elect Barack Obama. I swear I woke up on November 5th and the world was clearer and sunnier. My allergies miraculously cleared up and my terrible cold seemed to have subsided. Birds were singing, and I think people were just skipping lightly down the street. Twas like Mary Poppins came to 2008 and spread her magic. I was walking down the street humming “I can See Clearly Now” It. Was. AWESOME. I’ve spent 3 days bursting into random song and dance at the thought of the fact that Barack Obama is about to be the Prez!
So I came up with a Celebration Playlist
- “Celebrate, good times come on” by Kool & the Gang
- “Ain’t no stopping us now” by McFadden & Whitehead
- “Celebrate” by Smokie Norful
- “I can see clearly now, the rain is gone” by Johnny Nash
- “Say it Loud, I’m Black & proud” by James Brown
- “There’s Hope” by India Arie
- “A Change Is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke
- “Keep Ya Head Up” by Tupac
- “The Storm is Over Now” by Kirk Franklin
- “Joyful, Joyful” – Preferably the Sister Act 2 version with the rap (Joyful joyful Lord we adore thee, and in my life I put none before thee, and since I was a youngster I came to know, that you were the only one to go…”. I couldn’t help it. I’m even doing the dance)
What songs would you add to this playlist?
Sidenote: I wonder how many kids got conceived in all this election elation *yesss for alliteration*. I mean, people were feeling sooo good when they found out that the White House wouldn’t be needing a 24-hour on-call nurse, and I know it sparked certain feelings in couples everywhere to cut loose and GET IT IN. I guarantee that in 9 months, there will be a mini baby boom, and a flock of newborns named “Barack”. “Celebrate good times, INDEED!”