Giving Many Thanks
Turkey Day is upon us, and I will refrain from being one of them bloggers who laments about the bogus beginnings of this beloved holiday. I will however, take this time to look around and give thanks for the blessings in my life.
I am thankful for:
- Sweater tights – They have kept me warm so far in all their cable knit goodness
- The Googles – Without whom, I’d be unable to stalk myself
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate – For keeping me warm in mornings when I get to work
- Coupon codes – Because I’m vehemently opposed to paying retail prices for anything
- H&M – For allowing me to get my blazer game proper
- YouTube – 2 words: Scarlet’s Tumble!
- Rice – Without which I’d be featured in a commercial with Sally Struthers, being promoted as in need of a sponsor (flies optional)
- Colgate – For keeping my teefs (all 45 of them) on BLING mode
- My Samsung Camera – For capturing all the awesomeness (and foolishness) around me.
*Sigh* This is one shallow list. But hey… DON’T JUDGE ME!!!
Hmm, I feel like I’m forgetting something…
Oh yes! Of course, I’m thankful for friends and family, both old and new, long distance, virtual, or right next to me, IG or more IG. But really though, I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such love, trust and overall awesomeness. My IGs make me laugh (til my stomach hurts) and roast me like no one else can. I love them so much for it too. My family is my rock of ages, and push me to be the best in all I can do. It makes me feel GREAT to know that the Highest has felt me worthy enough to place all these people in my life, and I say “THANKS” every night for it.
I’m also thankful for my job, nay, my career because I am doing what I love everyday. I work in an industry I’m invested in (nonprofits) in the field I enjoy (Marketing). I go to work everyday and I truly look forward to what I am about to do. To this, I give major THANKS.
And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my reader(s).
“If a tree falls in the woods, do the birds laugh?”
“If a person trips in the streets, and people don’t point and laugh, did their dignity really get hurt?”
“If a crackhead gets dentures, does it still have loose gums??”
Pretty much, what I’m trying to say is that without you paying attention to my words of randomness, they wouldn’t mean as much. Your comments truly make my days, so THANK YOU (yes, all 5 of you). You are the best reader(s) a GAL could EVER ask for.
I am thankful for so many things, and really take nothing I have for granted. With that being said, what are YOU thankful for?