Famous folks

R.I.P. Eartha Kitt!

Eartha Kitt Autograph

I wasn’t planning on blogging today, but Eartha Kitt, singer, actress and legend died at 81, on Christmas! This makes me truly sad.

Sidenote: According to YBF.com, Beyonce is supposed to play Eartha Kitt in a movie about her life. I quit ALL of Hollywood. Captain Biopic needs to go SAT DOWN!! When did she become the Patron Saint of Autobiographies? To say she needs more people to pull this off is an understatement. She needs at least the Deacon Board and Head Ushers of Faith Pentecostal Church of God in Christ on Bethlehem A.M.E.

I just cant. I wont. I refuse. I object. I reject it. I rebuke it. I abhor it. I spray it with holy water. I exorcise it.

I’m on a Xmas-induced fatigue and itis so I really can’t say more than that. All I know is that Beyonce needs not do one more biopic for AT LEAST another 5 years. I don’t want to see her in another bad wig, cussing awkwardly and trying not to choke on smoke. I don’t hate Benoncay. Chick is fierce, and although her dancing can seem like seizures at times, I actually like her. She’s a good performer. But I’ll be damned in the pits of Dereon Hell if I ain’t sick of her face in these biopics!

Anyway, the point of all of this was to say Rest In Peace to one of the most FABULOUS singers and FIERCEST women ever, Eartha Kitt (born Eartha Mae Keith). There will never be another like her. The world is a little less fabulous without that voice, that attitude, and that catty fierceness.

ePosse Chat

I've Upgraded My Site's URL!

1. Shannon
    December 26, 2008 at 2:23 pm — Reply

Did you see Cadillac Records? I was suprised to find that she did a pretty good job as Etta James. Her singing was nowhere as good, but not bad.

2. Blackberry Molasses/The Rebel Intellectual
    December 26, 2008 at 4:34 pm — Reply

RIP to the ORIGNAL CATWOMAN. I would kill a squirrel/chipmunk or field mouse if I could have her voice. Its that serious. She was a shining example of the flyness and divatude that inspired so many.

And if Beynoncay is playing her in a biopic, I’m going to have to fire bomb all of Hollywood just to make it right. Do you hear me? FIRE BOMB!!!

3. ChiChi10
    December 26, 2008 at 5:35 pm — Reply

Girl,I agree with that whole statement…I cna’t and I won’t on Beyonce playing Eartha. It’s just wrong. LOL

R.I.P Ms. Kitt. She was TRULY one of a kind!

4. Reggie
    December 26, 2008 at 11:07 pm — Reply

Rest well, Catwoman!!!:)

She was too fierce!!!:)

5. N.I.K.E.
    December 27, 2008 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Ironically, James Brown Died The Same Day, I Think Like Two Years Back?

Damn, All The Greats Die On Jesus’ Birthday.

There’s A Pattern Somewhere…

6. Eb the Celeb
    December 28, 2008 at 1:06 pm — Reply

please say it aint so… I wish Bey would just sit her tail down somewhere…. you cannot play every damn caramel complected legend singer

you see how halle sought out one and owned it… she really wanted to be dorothy dandridge… and she was… do you see her trying to be josephine baker and diana ross and eartha kitt… hell no… you done had your chance… now sit down somewhere

7. miss t-lee
    December 29, 2008 at 9:42 am — Reply

RIP Miss Eartha
    Beyonce bet not play her.
    I will quit this piece permanently!!!
    I noticed your new URL girl…yay!