Guest Blog

Do Your Damn JOB!!!

***GUEST BLOGGERS WEEK***

Hey folks. Today’s guest blogger is Tea, and she is a ranting extraordinaire. Y’all remember when I went off about how you can’t call anyone’s customer service hotline without getting some Apu caricature, and how it pisses me off. Well she understands my plight. Check out her blog for some more rants.

——–

Customer Service Professionals:

Have you ever met such a group of slackers in your entire life. I mean, there is no other group of people that specialize in not knowing a damn thing.

311 Operator: Hi, this is information
T: Hi, Can you tell me how to get from point A to point B
311: Ma’am this is in-for-ma-tion. This is not the department or motor vehicles or the department of transportation, how am I supposed to know that.
T: This is information, so you need to find out.

Really? REALLY? at the all information line, you mean to tell me you don’t know and you’re not even going to look for a way to find out. I hate you!

This is no different from the people at the post office not knowing the easiest or cheapest way to send my package.

The people at AT&T have no idea why my bill keeps going up every month, but they’re SURE it’s a valid charge.

The people at Comcast aren’t sure who added HBO to my account without my knowledge. They’re shocked and amazed because I live alone and no one else is authorized on my account, but they’re going to transfer me to another non-knowing EM. EFF.

Well, in honor of customer service losers all over the world, I’d like to read a poem I wrote called Do Your Damn Job:

– If I’m up at 6:30 in the morning and I come into Dunkin’ Donuts, I don’t want to hear about how busy you are, I don’t want you snappin’ at me, forgetting my cream and sugar, running out of chocolate donuts… Just do your damn job!

- When I get on the bus Mr. CTA Driver, I don’t really want to hear you groanin’ about traffic. Guess what, I didn’t come here for the bitch and moan show, I don’t want to see you either. I don’t need you screamin’ at me, turnin’ up your ugly face. If I didn’t have to be at work you wouldn’t be here so please Just Do Your Damn Job.

- Listen Madam Walgreens… All I want is a pack of gum so that I can get this Dunkin’ Donuts coffee off my breath. I don’t care that you’re tired, so am I. I don’t care that you’re working… Where do you think I’m going? Please… Just do your damn job

- Listen Mr. I-Speak-Little-English Cab Driver, Don’t start with me today. I don’t want to hear about where I should stand to catch a cab or what side of the street to get in on. I don’t want to be in your stinky cab in the first place. Don’t ask me what I do. None of your business. I haven’t had any sleep, but I can’t afford $30-a-day parking at O’hare, so just get me there and shut-up. Please… Just Do Your Damn Job

- Hi there T.S.A. airport security. I had to put this on a blog cause otherwise you’d give me hell, but guess what. Hollerin’ at me is unnecessary. All you do all day is look at boarding passes and you have the nerve to be mad about it. I’m sorry I’m flying out of town to do WORK. I’ll be WORKING on my laptop at the gate, on the plane, in my rental car, at my hotel and on the way back home. I don’t need all that lip from you while I’m getting things done. Please… Just Do Your Damn Job.

- Hi there Cellular Phone Customer Service Rep. No I didn’t make that call. No I didn’t go over my daytime minutes. Please, don’t argue with me. I know I didn’t make any calls to Nebraska. I didn’t ask you for a breakdown of how my minutes are billed. I’ve been a customer for 8 years. Please just take this charge off my bill and quit getting an attitude. You wouldn’t have two phones and a pager if it wasn’t for me. Please Just Do Your Damn Job.

- Listen, Doctor’s office minimum wage worker. I came in here for a cold and you charged me for the wrong thing. IT IS your fault! You will fix it now! Admit it and stop arguing with me. No, I’m not calling anyone else, No I’m not faxing you anything. No one’s paying me to do that. But I am paying you to Do Your Damn Job… so just do it.

- Hello, Dell PC person from India. No I don’t understand what you are saying. Aren’t there any Dell offices in the states. Of course my PC is plugged up you condescending loser. Don’t give me anymore dumb suggestions. Just remotely troubleshoot my problem. That’s all I ask. Please Just Do Your Damn Job!!!

The next time a customer service representative gets on your nerves (probably happening right now) Tell them T said

JUST DO YOUR DAMN JOB!!

Celebration of Glittah (or Gospel)

Men are like fungus

1. The Pretty Brown Girl
    January 28, 2009 at 12:29 am — Reply

I am officially a fan of Tea! Her rant here is superb and relevant to my interests!!

Awesome rant, Tea! You went in on all them bama-azz bamas!!

2. K to the...
    January 28, 2009 at 1:18 am — Reply

lol Do Your Damn Job! I swear, yall gon’ make me start a blog on the mickeyfickey.

3. ~Candi~
    January 28, 2009 at 4:32 am — Reply

lmao!!! do your damn job – this was right on point today! kudos

4. Luvologist
    January 28, 2009 at 9:55 am — Reply

*grinning*

Wow…why don’t you tell us how you really feel?

5. Naturally Sarcastic
    January 28, 2009 at 10:22 am — Reply

I'd just like to say COSIGNAGE to all of the above…

This is exactly why I believe that
    Sprint has me listed as the most hostile and volatile customer and should never be helped via telephone again!

Sprint, Time Warner Cable, AT&T, ACER, and Samsung for that matter!

6. *Drea*
    January 28, 2009 at 10:24 am — Reply

Great post! I alwayd wonder why people get jobs in customer service if they don’t want to deal with people! And why does the cashier at Exxon stay on her cell phone and act like you are bothering you when you try to make your purchase? What the hell are you there for? Lol!

7. antithesis
    January 28, 2009 at 11:05 am — Reply

as usual, i feel Tea whole-heartedly. love her blog. makes my day!

8. K to the...
    January 28, 2009 at 11:30 am — Reply

I’m at work dy…ing I tell you. He left his full name and everything.

9. T
    January 28, 2009 at 1:52 pm — Reply

LOL. Comcast’s blog watch is ON IT! They actually don’t give me any problems anymore (especially since I lowered my expectations).

Thanks for all the love on this post. I look forward to the ignance during the rest of the week. :)

10. Luvologist
    January 28, 2009 at 2:03 pm — Reply

You know you have a good rant when ComcastCares says comments.

Damn!

11. The Pretty Brown Girl
    January 28, 2009 at 3:12 pm — Reply

Comcast done showed up and showed out! I am almost impressed! :)

12. sabrina
    January 28, 2009 at 9:49 pm — Reply

My Comcast bill is ridiculous and I don’t have Oxygen! I’m gonna email that guy!

Great post…

13. Nikki Wadley
    January 29, 2009 at 6:38 pm — Reply

And let the church say AMEN! Good Job!

14. Luvvie (aka Queen IG)
    January 30, 2009 at 11:37 pm — Reply

ROTF @ Comcast and their team of internet spieds swooping in to save the day. Folks best keep that dude in mind if something goes awry with their service.

This blog rant ROCKED, Tea!

15. Cris
    February 2, 2009 at 12:47 pm — Reply

OK OK OK I had to laugh for 5 minutes on the floor first now I am back. This was absolutely hilarious:

But not as funny as this:

ComcastCares1 said…
    Thanks for sharing the post!

I also read about the issue with Comcast and HBO. I work for Comcast. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Hil-friggin-larious! I love the cust. serv. blog watchers.

Did your thing as usual T ;-)

16. Britt
    February 27, 2009 at 9:31 pm — Reply

Hilarious! Switch out Dell with AT&T Wireless and O'Hare with DFW and you wrote my life story!

And OMG @ Comcast. That can't be serious!