Today’s the wrap up of “Getting to know Luvvie” Week. Back in like January, this 25 things list was ALL the rave on the interwebs. I got tagged to about 89 of them on Facebook and I’m
being a slacker and reposting sharing this with y’all.
1. I don’t get mad easily at all but when I do, I sometimes shut down and don’t say A WORD. You can almost see a gray cloud over my head. One of the few times you will not see me smiling. However, when I get irate, enraged, pissed the hell off, it’s like a volcano erupts. Not pretty.
2. I am undercover sap and I really love gestures of love, affection and appreciation. I love cheesy, sappy music and ballads. AND I’m really sensitive. My feelings can get hurt easily by those that I love. I just don’t say when I’m hurt.
3. I write better than I speak. And communicate better in the written word than the spoken.
4. Compliments make me smile and blush (like for real). Brown people can indeed blush and turn red.
5. I go by 3 names equally and sometimes confuse myself because I forget what I introduce myself to people as. I just run down all three names until they find the one that sounds familiar. All 3 names have something to do with “Love”.
6. I wear hats probably 75% of the time (especially newsboys), and I’m pretty sure my hat game is better than yours lol. Besides, it makes it easier for me not to comb my hair often
7. I’m afraid of the dark. Yes, I admit it. I sleep with either the TV on, or the light on. For me to sleep in pitch black, someone else must be laying next to me holding me REAL tight.
8. I get scared easily and will not watch horror movies. Last time my friends dragged me to one was in high school, to see “The Others”. Spent the entire time with my hands covering my face. Oh and if I’m forced to watch a horror flick, just know that I’m sleeping in your bed that night.
9. I don’t know how to bike, skate or drive. Seems that I’ve never been a “wheels” type of person. But I will be learning to drive this year. I promise.
10. I didn’t get chicken pox until the week before my 8th grade graduation. There are visible spots on my face in my graduation pic and my Whitney Young freshie year ID.
11. I used to bite my nails when I was nervous, and just recently stopped. Slightly because of vanity reasons. I don’t want my nail beds to look like certain people’s where they got half a nail left. Eeeewwwww!!!
12. I truly do believe that the Lord knew what he was doing when He decided to not give me a big, ridiculous donk. I would TRULY act a fool with it, wearing inappropriate shit like dukes in the winter. Like for real. And I’d be all “But you’re speaking to me and you clearly see that my ass has its own zipcode.” I’d be turrble.
13. I have 3 extra teeth in my mouth (not counting my wisdom teeth). Can’t you tell from my BIG AIM smile? Dentist: “Well at least you have extra. Some folks don’t have enough.” Me: “Who doesn’t have enough teeth? Crackheads??”
14. I’ve witnessed childbirth 3 times, and it is the most beautiful yet disgusting thang. This is also the reason why I’m soooo straight on THAT for at least 4 years. The Gift of life is not a pretty sight. I do have a special bond with each of the kids I’ve seen being born though. Tooni, Kami and Kayla are indeed my hearts.
15. I’m the person you want to be with during high stress situations because I truly don’t panic easily. I’m eternally calm while everyone else around me freaks out. Why else do you think I’ve seen 3 kids being born?
16. I’m a chronic Tardy McLaterson. I don’t know how to be on time to nothing. Shoot, I was even born 2 weeks late (my Mom told me so). But I’m seldom late to work.
17. I think my friends are TRULY some of the funniest people EVER! As in some of them could be stand up comedians and be successful at it. The ish they say sometimes has my stomach hurting. If foolishness was a crime, my IGs would be doing 45 years to life with no possibility of parole.
18. I lack a great attention span and sometimes when people are talking to me, I drift but look like I’m paying attention. By the time I pay attention again, I may have missed half the convo and could probably not repeat most things they said. It’s a shame that I got the span of a goldfish (3 secs)
19. I can draw. Really well.
20. I feel sooo BLESSED with where and who I am. Thank you, LORD!
So, do y’all feel me on any of these? Let me know which numbers matches you.
*Today is LAST DAY to vote for me in the Black Weblog Awards! DO IT! Why? Because I’d appreciate you!
*I will be at the BlogHER Conference this weekend. I scored LobbyCon tickets when they made the announcement. If you’re looking for me there, I’ll be the one rocking red shoes and a goofy smile . Who’s going?
Category: My Life