WOWWWW! I did not expect all the responses I got for the Laptop Lollapalooza. I got over 50 entries!
Anywho, here are the answers. I compiled quotes and trivia from 10 of my favorite movies. For the quotes, people had to name the movie they were from.
1. “Six weeks ago Abdul here had a one way ticket to an arranged marriage with a broad he never met in Bangladesh. Now he’s crushing ass every Thursday night at our mixers.” Old School (“You my boy, Blue!”)
2. “Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now… now I’m washing lettuce. Soon I’ll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I’ll make assistant manager, and that’s when the big bucks start rolling in.” Coming to America (McDowells: Where dreams come to be fulfilled)
3. In the “Color Purple”, name one of the actresses that turned down the role of Shug Avery? Tina Turner/Lola Falana/Diana Ross/Patti LaBelle (I wonder if they kicked themselves.)
4. “The name is mine. The name got my daddy’s blood on it. If she wanna go, she can go wherever she wanna go, but the name stays home!” What’s Love Got to Do With It (Ike Turner was a villain indeed)
5. In “Stepbrothers”, what is the name of the song that Will Ferrell’s character (Brennan Huff) sings during the Catalina Wine Mixer? Por Ti Volare (Although “Boats & Hoes” is my favorite)
6. “YOU shut the f*ck up, Bennie! I would tell you to kiss my ass, but knowing you, you probably can’t find it, you blind motherf*cker!” Harlem Nights (Della Reese was a G!)
7. “We have a saying in my country – the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.” Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (“I’m in a glass case of emotions!!!”)
8. “Congratulations, you’re the new mayor of Soddom and Gommorah.” Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (LOVE this movie! I watch it at least 5 times a year)
9. “Would you like to have dinner with us tonight? It’s just leftovers. Collard greens and corn bread, some candied yams, a little potato salad, fried chicken, peach cobbler and a few slices of ham.” Waiting to Exhale
10. What movie from the early 1990s had the two Black women that played “Catwoman” in it? Boomerang (with Eartha Kitt & Halle Berry. “Maaahhccuuuss Dahhling”)
Bonus question: What is one of the 2 names that I refer to myself as when I see a grammatical error that makes me frown? These names were inspired by certain movie robots. TypoCop or GrammarNator (my English Professor Alter Egos)
Originally, I was supposed to announce the winner of the contest on Monday, thinking I would have a clear-cut winner. Clearly, I underestimated my blog readers and the level of your awesomeness. Either my blog readers are EXTRA IG for loving the same movies I do, extra crafty by googling the answers, or a mixture of both. I was especially surprised to see that so many people knew my bonus question answer. WOW! I was banking on that to stump y’all but *sniff* *bites fists* I said I wasn’t gon cry. *sniff* Y’all be reading what I write and ish. And you actually knew! I, for one, am impressed.
I had SO many people get a perfect score that I had to drop those who didn’t get the bonus question right. Even with that, 26 people are still in the running to win the laptop. Everyone else, I’s SORRY . I still LOVE you like Amber Rose loves leggings. *HUGS*
The 26 laptop finalists are: Lisa Bobbitt, Ericka, Savvy Fatty, Brokey McPoverty, True2Me, Beez, Celishia, Crystal V., R.R., Chanel T., Jennifer J., Ishea, Shawnta B., Peyso, Cheekie, MsLadySoul, Modupeola, Shari S., Elise J., Debrena, Jazzmin S., NotAmadi, C-Thunda, Kenyatta, Allysha, Inez
I will have to do a round 2 quiz. And I gotta make this hard. It will be posted on Monday morning, and the 26 people in the running will have a small window that day to turn in their answers (haven’t decided what that will be yet). Anyone who doesn’t get me answers by whatever time limit I set will unfortunately be out of the contest. Sorry I gotta do it like this because otherwise, this laptop’s gonna be in limbo longer than a bill on the floors of Congress.
See y’all on Monday!
P.S.: Poll: Did y’all have fun? Would you guys want me to do trivia like this more often? (Won’t be coming with laptops though – unless I win another sweepstakes or get one thrown at me)