*HOLLERING* WELCOME!!!!!!! Today is Luvvie’s Laptop Lollapalooza in celebration of my blog’s birthday month. YOU get a laptop! You get a laptop!!! Ok, you ALL don’t get a laptop. Just one of you gets one.
Why and how am I giving away a laptop? Well, I hit the lottery and decided to bless y’all from the kindness of my heart (in my dreams anyway). Naw but really. What happened was that I went to the BlogHer Conference last month, and I entered into a BestBuy Sweepstakes, not even knowing what the prize was. Well, 2 weeks ago, I got a phone call from BestBuy saying I was the grand prize winner! I won 2 brand new laptops! I was at work so I couldn’t holler like I wanted to. I kept my cool and found the nearest wall to lean on while rocking a leather jacket. I. AM. SO. COOL. *puts on shades* B-) I admit though. I was doing all types of cartwheels in my head. BestBuy ROCKS!
Anywho, I’m giving away one of the laptops here, so BAM!
I’ve compiled quotes and trivia from 10 of my favorite movies. For the quotes, you have to answer name the movie it’s from. You must EMAIL me with the answers at Luvvieblog (at) gmail dot com. Use subject line “Laptop Giveaway”. You can comment here too but just not with the answers. You have until Friday, August 14th at 10am CST to email me your answers. The winner is the person who gets the most correct answers. I will be announcing the winner on Monday. So, good luck!
1. “Six weeks ago Abdul here had a one way ticket to an arranged marriage with a broad he never met in Bangladesh. Now he’s crushing ass every Thursday night at our mixers.” NAME THAT MOVIE
2. “Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now… now I’m washing lettuce. Soon I’ll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I’ll make assistant manager, and that’s when the big bucks start rolling in.” NAME THAT MOVIE
3. In the “Color Purple”, name one of the actresses that turned down the role of Shug Avery?
4. “The name is mine. The name got my daddy’s blood on it. If she wanna go, she can go wherever she wanna go, but the name stays home! ” NAME THAT MOVIE
5. In “Stepbrothers”, what is the name of the song that Will Ferrell’s character (Brennan Huff) sings during the Catalina Wine Mixer?
6. “YOU shut the f*ck up, Bennie! I would tell you to kiss my ass, but knowing you, you probably can’t find it, you blind motherf*cker!” NAME THAT MOVIE
7. “We have a saying in my country – the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.” NAME THAT MOVIE
8. “Congratulations, you’re the new mayor of Soddom and Gommorah.” NAME THAT MOVIE
9. “Would you like to have dinner with us tonight? It’s just leftovers. Collard greens and corn bread, some candied yams, a little potato salad, fried chicken, peach cobbler and a few slices of ham.” NAME THAT MOVIE
10. What movie from the early 1990s had the two Black women that played “Catwoman” in it?
Bonus question: What is one of the 2 names that I refer to myself as when I see a grammatical error that makes me frown? These names were inspired by certain movie robots.
So, have at it folks. I hope it isn’t TOO hard, but I couldn’t make it easy either. After all. It IS a brand new LAPPYTOP
P.S. Gotta give credit for this idea from Thembi’s Black History Month quizzes. MUCH props!
Edit: In the case of ties, I will be doing a time-sensitive tie-breaker on Monday morning.