Famous folksLetterMusic

Dear Donnie McClurkin

I usually don’t write TWO sternly-worded letters on my blog in one week, but folks have been in need of it. Today’s latest victim is Donnie McClurkin, thee of “deliverance from being gay.” He recently preached at a COGIC service and went into a long rant about the evils of being gay, calling gays “vampires.” I first read about this on Rod 2.0’s site. Read the article to give this letter some context so you can see some of the foolishness he said. I only put a couple of his quotes below.

Dear Donnie McClurkin,

You are the pot calling the kettle “Ne-Yo.” *Sigh* To say you need more people is such an understatement. You need the population of China. You’ve spoken of your past as a gay man, and have insisted that God has delivered you from your “affliction.” Yeah whatever. But then you’ve been going out of your way to make sure people don’t think you’re still gay by giving these homophobic speeches.

I see you giving a little bit of fierce. Accept it. Embrace it. Love it.

How do you call yourself a child of God when you’ve pissed on some of his children’s choices in such a manner IN the Lord’s house, talmbout “God did not call young people to such perversion. Society has failed him, his church has failed him … I would be homosexual to this day if Jesus hadn’t delivered.” Jesus: “O___o You ain’t gotta lie to kick it, son! Don’t put my name in your foolishness.”

Donnie, how about this novel idea? YOU’VE FAILED YOURSELF! Clearly, you’re feeling some kind of way to go on this passionate rant, when you know you’re talking about yourself. Everyone knows you haven’t been “delivered” from being gay. You’re acting like it’s some evil spirit that catches you and you have to be exorcised. You talking real sideways about my beloved gays (I heart them). Please SAT ALL THE WAY DOWN! You know for a FACT that you still love penis and ain’t no deliverance, sermon, church service, fast orholiday bazaar that’s gonna change that. This just sounds like some inner turmoil and it sounds like you’re losing.

According to this article, you even recently admitted to still having homosexual urges, saying “I don’t eat sugar, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t want sugar.” So sugar means penis now? Gotcha. Duly noted. And yes. Yes you do. Stop playing bald-headed games and telling bald-faced lies. You’s a LAH before God, Passa, the Ursher Board, the Deacon Board AND the Qwa (choir).

Fine whatever. You’re no longer gay *rolls eyes so hard I need Visine to get my pupils right again*. But you were doing THE MOST with this sermon of yours. Hypocrisy & self-hate, thy name is Donnie McClurkin. LET THE GAYS BE GREAT!

You know what? Naw, I ain’t gon lie for you. You like penis. This is fact. So you trying to overcompensate with your homophobic rants doesn’t hide this huge gaping pink elephant in the room. All I ask is that you love yourself (and your man).

Kthxbai,

Luvvie

P.S. *sings* “We fall down, but we get up!” *trips Donnie* A Saint is just a sinner who got up, Donnie. But you rolling on the floor acting a fool with your anti-gay slurs. Getcho ass up off that floor!

P.P.S. Oh, your exclusive “FOOL SADDOWN” gift basket is in the mail. I even threw in a “Love yourself” candy heart. Let me know when you get it. You’re welcome.

—–

Luv Bulletins

*Check me out on Black Atlas’ Chicago page. Also wrote on LuvvDivine.

1. @ThePBG
    November 13, 2009 at 6:27 am — Reply

Get 'em LuvBug! He needs to stop playin!!

2. Carmennc
    November 13, 2009 at 6:48 am — Reply

I read a study that people who suppress their homosexuality end up depressed and suicidal. Let people live!

What happened to teaching people not to kill and to honor your mother and father? Those are the problems we are seeing way too much in the world. Teach people how to love and not to hate!

3. Lani
    November 13, 2009 at 7:01 am — Reply

if no one at the churches he speaks at, stands up and has a problem. we care why? it's his experience and opinion.

4. @Roxy_V
    November 13, 2009 at 12:19 pm — Reply

I say be who you are, be right with your God, and be happy. Being so unhappy with yourself that you have to spread the hatred is sinful in itself. Someone with good intentions need to sit him down and give him a good talking to.

5. @TheLionQn
    November 13, 2009 at 2:32 pm — Reply

The whole being "delivered from teh geigh" does not sit right with me. Also, smacks of "thou doth protest too much". I'ma need Donnie to be real with himself and God and stop frontin'.____Also, the comparison between sugar & homosekshual urges is rather telling, yes?

6. K to the...
    November 13, 2009 at 3:09 pm — Reply

*TREAT* I tell you about these holier than thou-sers!!!

7. ashlee
    November 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm — Reply

I simply do not understand why preachers concentrate on homosexuality all of the time. It seems to me that that is all that they talk about. The world is literally going to hell. People are killing each other left and right. Every law or commandment in the bible is being broken by someone. But all that the preachers have to talk about is homosexuality. Where they do that at? (Besides every church in America.) smh.

And Donnie McClurkin really needs to hush. He hates the homosexuality tendencies that he has. If he insists on talking about this subject, he should speak on his life only. Instead he is up in arms about all gays. Every gay person that I know is a better person than Donnie McClurkin. (gasp!!!) They are better because they don't lie to themselves or others about who they are. And, they do not criticize others for doing the same stuff that they are doing. Boy, sit down!!!

8. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:31 pm — Reply

Don't he???

9. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:32 pm — Reply

I could see how suppressing your homosexuality can be dangerous because you're denying a huge part of yourself. Donnie's sending all the wrong messages. Homosexuality is the least of society's problems.

10. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:34 pm — Reply

We care because Donnie has a platform and has some influence. This platform allows his message to be heard and that message is hella negative.

11. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:35 pm — Reply

Thank you! I don't think God is gon co-sign on his foolishness. All that hate he's spewing isn't His way.

12. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:36 pm — Reply

NOTHING Donnie said sits right with me. Gurl, the comparison to sugar was just too funny because it spoke volumes.

13. Luvvie
    November 13, 2009 at 4:36 pm — Reply

Pretty much

14. chrisAlexander
    November 13, 2009 at 4:37 pm — Reply

very said but true.he cant be happy. knowing he sleeps with a dick in his mouth and spews hatespeech against the same thing which brings him joy. as i said, SIT THE HELL DOWN….and no, not on a dick.
    Chris.Alexander ~~ coloredboy.net

15. Blackberry Molasses
    November 13, 2009 at 5:18 pm — Reply

I've always given Donny the Huey Freeman Side Eye. This whole story was confirmation for the correctness of my side eye. Donny…. Judge not lest yet be judged. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Just make sure you come out of that glass closet first.

16. Cheekie
    November 13, 2009 at 6:10 pm — Reply

"But then you've been going out of your way to make sure people don't think you're still gay by giving these homophobic speeches."

Doing this has always made me give the major side-eye. We all know the saying "doth protest too much" Yeah, and he doth protesting all kinds of much. Weren't there like a couple politicians who were firmly anti-gay marriage and then came out of the closet later? Or that gay dude (Chris, I think?) on Real World Chicago. He said that before he came out, he and his friends used to terrorize gay students. He was the king homophobe to end all homophobes. Yeah, if you go all out your way to say "no gay!", then I am pressed to believe that you are indeed, gay.

17. Cheekie
    November 13, 2009 at 6:10 pm — Reply

more to add because I write to much. :( lol

ETA:
    Which makes me angrier because shooot, you are tearing down a group of people who you're gonna have to ride with against oppression. It's self-hatred and denial at its best. And frankly, it's sad. Don't tear down the lovely gays just because you're trapped in the closet singing everyday happenings with R. Kelly. Let them shine! If you come out and tell the truth about yourself, you will shine, too. Word.

18. Goddess Intellect
    November 13, 2009 at 6:53 pm — Reply

I'm taking all my Donnie McClurkin songs off the ipod ASAP.
    He is the fiercest thing in Gospel Music wtf is he talking about?!?!!
    Tryna be the prodigal son? F-A-I-L

19. miss t-lee
    November 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm — Reply

"All I ask is that you love yourself (and your man)."

That's it. I quit this piece.

____________________________

20. lovebug35
    November 13, 2009 at 7:11 pm — Reply

lol.. I agree with you

21. MyzDevyneOne
    November 13, 2009 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Tell them again! I don't understand how you are someone that is "bringing the Word of God" to folks, but you are preaching hate for someone that doesn't think/behave like you? Yeah…notsomuch.

And Donnie is as flaming s he wants to be! He need to gon' with that self hatred mess… fruitier that that "holiday bazaar" fruitcake. LOL

22. Chanel
    November 14, 2009 at 3:43 pm — Reply

PLEASE LET ME BE GREAT DONNIE! I look towards you for encouragement and permission to be happy and live life for who I am so I really need you to work things out between the gays and God because I know you are the only vessel of light that we can use to get to Heaven.
    *sarcasm*
    o_O

Sat the hell down McClurkin. I''m a lesbian. I love the Lord cuz he heard my cry and the Lord loves me. Get outta my way cuz you are blockin my view wit your hater shade. Donnie jus mad cuz the peen he been gettin lately hasnt' been up to par.

23. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 9:58 pm — Reply

They clearly have their priorities outta wack. There are way more important thinks in life.

24. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 9:59 pm — Reply

"knowing he sleeps with a dick in his mouth" – U jus bout KILLT me w/ this! LMAO!

25. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 9:59 pm — Reply

That closet is mursty as hell w/ all the repressed folks in there

26. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 9:59 pm — Reply

Donnie just needs to let the gays be great! And let himself be great too since he is one of em

27. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 10:00 pm — Reply

LOL @ u. Umm "We fall down" is still my jam. iCan't delete that from my iTunes.

28. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 10:00 pm — Reply

U caint quit this, T-Lee!!! U jus need to give Donnie one of ur throat punches

29. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 10:00 pm — Reply

:-D

30. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 10:01 pm — Reply

HA! Not the fruitcake! U stoopid

31. Luvvie
    November 15, 2009 at 10:01 pm — Reply

ANNNNNDDD SCENE!!! You, my dear, are a genius. LOL

32. chaoticdiva
    November 16, 2009 at 4:31 am — Reply

<quote>Please SAT ALL THE WAY DOWN! You know for a FACT that you still love penis and ain't no deliverance, sermon, church service, fast or holiday bazaar that's gonna change that.</quote>

I laughed. Hard.

33. Charyce
    November 17, 2009 at 4:08 am — Reply

First, the "I don't eat sugar.." line….wth? Who says that?

I respect people and their right to choose religion, but THIS is exactly why so many of us leave the church. Our children our dying, our communities filled with poverty and senseless crime and the first thing a preacher wants to address on Sunday morning is homosexuality? Fill a collection plate with some condoms and have a Wednesday Night Safe Sex Class. We'd be much better off.

34. YoDeVa
    November 23, 2009 at 10:40 pm — Reply

1st, I immediately cackled when I went to read the article and the site had all kinds of gay ads on the side!! I had to shut that down A. Sap. b/c I am, in fact, still at work.. but that definitely set the tone for this blog.

Then the laughter continued w/ "Please SAT ALL THE WAY DOWN" followed by "You know what? Naw, I ain't gon lie for you. You like penis." *dead&gone*

35. Jerry
    December 26, 2009 at 4:44 am — Reply

Are you guys fantasizing over Donnie? Where are the photos/videos/evidence that he is gay? Are you encouraging pedophilia? We never seen animals eat each others feces and drink each other's urine, but you gladly promote it here. Children don't need to be exposed to that perversion. DISGUSTING. Loving a person is one thing, but consuming their excretions is GROSS!. NO REPRODUCTION FOR A REASON! o.0

36. Luvvie
    January 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm — Reply

Theo… that is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard

37. Luvvie
    January 1, 2010 at 9:17 pm — Reply

LOL he DOES like penis. Why won't he let himself be great???

38. Luvvie
    January 1, 2010 at 9:17 pm — Reply

*curtsies*

39. [...] channel* Ooooooooo!!! He’s doing the ugly cry! Ste’e (pronounced STEE) is sobbing. Donnie “I hate the Gays” McClurkin is bringing him to TEARS! Sis: YES! Why haven’t you been watching this? You need to do a blog [...]