Random

Missed Chance at Recap Foolery

So I received a phonecall last night from my Sis asking if I was watching the BET Celebration of Gospel show. I asked her why, because she knows of my disdain for BET. I only watch the channel to kill my brain cells not so slowly write roast recaps of their shows . Well, apparently, there was one of interest that was on.

Sis: Umm… you’re missing out. Steve Harvey is crying.
Me: Wait, what???
Sis: Yes! They’re honoring Steve Harvey, and Donnie McClurkin is singing right now. Steve is in tears. He’s touched.
Me: YOU LAH BLACK GIRL! WHAT??? *changes channel* Ooooooooo!!! He’s doing the ugly cry! Ste’e (pronounced STEE) is sobbing. Donnie “I hate the Gays” McClurkin is bringing him to TEARS!
Sis: YES! Why haven’t you been watching this? You need to do a blog recap!
Me: Damb, damb DAMB! I ain’t know about it. *shakes fists*
Sis: You even missed Fantasia singing and kicking off her shoes. Hollering, catching the Holy Ghost.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That is foolery I should be blogging about.*WALL SLIDE*
Sis: Yup! You BETTER go find a recording online or something. I NEED a blog recap in the morning or else… *hangs up*
So here I am. Without blog recap of what was SURELY a show CHOCK full of foolery. *pouts* All I had time to tune in for was to see was Ste’e Harvey’s crushed velvet suit and ugly cry. And some other dude’s tacky white Qwa director suit. Y’all must not love me. How come no one told me this event was going on? NOT N’AN person! Y’all ain’t send me a wall comment on my Facebook page or tweet me to be on the lookout. Y’all ain’t EVEN right. Next time there is a show of epic foolery such as this on, I charge you folks to let me know. There’s so much ignificence in the world that I can’t keep track myself.
My sis is surely gon’ call me when she reads this telling me how much I suck. But SHE ain’t tell me either until it almost ended. So who’s fault is all of this? Everyone but mine. That is my story and I’m sticking to it.

Good day to you. HMPH! *turns around dramatically with coat sweeping behind her* (Dramatic exits are the best, ain’t they?)

1. GEELA
    January 11, 2010 at 9:51 am — Reply

I definitely feel you! I forgot about this mess to until someone tweeted about it. Luckily I tuned in just in time to see Steve become moved by the spirit. I literally couldn't take it. And his wife LMAO… She sitting there trying to console him, and smile for the camera all at the same time!! After a while she looked like she was tired of his cry baby ass. I mean Steve used up his allotted amount of man tears during one song, and January ain't even over with yet smh.

Oh and I heard Fantasia and her Mama put on one hell of a performance. I'm sad I missed that.

2. GEELA
    January 11, 2010 at 9:59 am — Reply

Here I found a link for the show maybe you can roast off of these clips!!!

3. Kristenavonne
    January 11, 2010 at 1:39 pm — Reply

i stopped watching the gospel show too long ago! smh anthing produced by BET is a messy situation. Dont stamp "Black Entertainment" on this coonery. I guess im white then cause that mess dont entertain me. smh lol..but i love your blog post!

4. KindredSmile
    January 11, 2010 at 3:05 pm — Reply

I saw about 30 tweets with the hashtag #COG but I ain't know what the hell they was tahm bout. **deep sigh** I miss cable sometimes.

5. Tunde
    January 11, 2010 at 3:35 pm — Reply

i knew it was on but i surely wasn't gonna talk about. normally i clown bet but i find it hard to clown a gospel show (even when its on bet) so i just watched desperate housewives instead (yes i watch that lol).

6. Demond
    January 11, 2010 at 5:15 pm — Reply

I should have wrote the blog for you. From the highs, the great Mother Shirley Ceasar to the lows, sweetness from City of Refuge with those off not faslettos! From the southern bells of Fantasia and her mother, to the midwest shame of Donald Lawrence. The weirdness of seeing CeCe Winans with the Woman Beater of Brother Bebe to the Kelly Price with her take along lap and Ledsi…

7. Mary
    January 11, 2010 at 5:20 pm — Reply

I knew it was on, but didn't tune in…until my roommate's brother called about Steve Harvey being honored. I'm not really interested in seeing the whole show, but I saw was rather good. I'm not feeling Donnie's distain for gays, when he's still one fondle away from being bake with men himself….but the tribute was really good.

8. miss t-lee
    January 11, 2010 at 5:56 pm — Reply

Aw man…I missed Steve doing the ugly cry!!!!??? I am UPset. I would have went over to my homegirls to watch that ish, 'cause you know I'm too cheap to pay for cable…lol
    I hope it's on youtube somewhere.

9. Living_Positive
    January 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm — Reply

I missed it too. However I'm more upset that YOU missed it cause I'm sure your roast would've had me in tears, laughing. But it's okay. I still <3 you!

10. ladydey
    January 12, 2010 at 3:21 am — Reply

Well if you really, really want to see it, really, it is being re-shown on Sunday, the 17th at 7 pm.