Famous folksMy Life

Alicia Keys Tweeted Me!

Oh EM GEE, yall!! Alicia Keys tweeted me. My day/week/month is MADE!!!

Lemme tell you a story. Picture it, yesterday, my computer…

A friend of mine who knows someone that works at Monster.com emailed me, saying “I got this sent to me and thought of you.” It was a posting for Alicia Keys’, who is looking for a Head Blogger for her new website. It’s a position based in NYC so I was like “Let me tweet it to my Twitfam so they’ll know.” I took the URL and shortened it with Bit.ly (which lets me track the clicks too) and said:

Before I knew it, people were RTing like CRAZY!!! Then last night, I go to my Bit.ly account and saw that 3,000 people had clicked the link. Ok I don’t have THAT much pull. How did that happen? Because…

A. Keys was using the SAME link I did originally. *faints* It got to her!!! This is exciting. This was me when I realized it (read the tweets from the bottom).

Y’all see how I slid Red Pump in there? I really do think she’d love it. But yes, I broke the news of her Head Blogger position. WOO HOO!!!

So when I woke up today, said my morning prayers and checked Twitter (a sad routine), I saw a couple of folks @reply me saying Alicia Keys tweeted to me directly. So I scroll down my replies and see this this:

*faints* A. Keys tweeted me!!! iLive!!! It was in direct response to my tweet saying that I broke the news. i EFFING LIVE!!!!! *leyomi drops through life* *Wall Slides joyfully* *Does the Bro Franklin*

“will you apply?” Well, I wasn’t considering it before because I don’t live in NYC and there’s the little matter of the post I wrote which-shall-not-be-named-but-ain’t-hard-to-find about her where I wasn’t super nice (understatement) but I’m thinking I just may. I do love A. Keys’ the work she does with HIV/AIDS. And despite certain *coughs* recent scandals *coughs*, her music STILL goes hard. If I apply, I hope she doesn’t dump my application in the garbage for my blogging. LOL. Hell, I don roasted so many celebs on here that I lost count. Lawd… see my mouth.

Universe… should I? She DID ask me! *angel face* Plus I hit EVERY criteria she’s looking for. I’d rock that site’s socks!!! I may do it just to say I did. She’s gonna get like 10,000 applications. My rinky dink one won’t even be noticed. Maybe I shall… *strokes chin*
Here’s the job listing

1. @RenishaRenewed
    April 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm — Reply

WOOOOWWW!!! You are officially on celeb status now. "Whooo meeeeee?" (high pitched voice) lol Girl, you better APPLY!

2. jes
    April 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm — Reply

APPLY!!!

3. Justine
    April 6, 2010 at 6:35 pm — Reply

That's awesome, Luvvie- good stuff. I guess that's a 1 in 10,000 chance of moving to NY, then!

4. emti
    April 6, 2010 at 7:18 pm — Reply

I was about to tell you to apply until i saw the little blurb on her job posting about not being able to blog anywhere else….nooooooooooooooooooooooo….*wall slide*
    i cannot allow you to apply…so srry

5. KtC
    April 6, 2010 at 7:27 pm — Reply

Apply! All she can say is no, right?!

6. ChiChi
    April 6, 2010 at 7:49 pm — Reply

Youse a celebrity na! WOOT WOOT!

7. HomeGirl
    April 6, 2010 at 8:00 pm — Reply

Your voice is meant to be heard/read by millions. Her eyes are SO on you now, so your application would SO be noticed. Do it! Sooner than later. Then tweet her and tell her you did. lol Based on how things have unfolded so far, the next step is a no-brainer–apply, woman! It's yours if you do. I feel it. Good luck! Looking forward to your BIG announcement and the wall-slide heard around the world. ;)

8. TheMochaPeach
    April 7, 2010 at 12:22 am — Reply

Heck APPLY! I applied too!!! Seriously!!! DO IT!

9. Deb on the Rocks
    April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am — Reply

Perfect. I'm rooting for you!

10. Nedra
    April 7, 2010 at 5:34 am — Reply

Hi i'm a lurker… but I love your site and if you ARE gonna apply, you should probably take down that letter that you wrote to her that I thought was absolutely hilarious but she may not think so….

11. Ms_Slim "SlimMal"
    April 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm — Reply

WOW!!! What a GREAT opportunity. I'd apply myself but YOU definitely fit the bill to a greater and wider extent. Best of luck!

12. legitimate_soul
    April 8, 2010 at 1:13 am — Reply

Do it! Why not and even your other *cough* post was truth…
    (but it was doe!)

13. Tiffany
    April 8, 2010 at 1:13 am — Reply

Ooooh, did she make you her friend so that you can respond? That is too freakin awesome.

Tiffany http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

14. amymay117
    April 8, 2010 at 2:19 am — Reply

Follow the inner voice Luv…
    Hate to sound like an opportunist, but think what even the application process could do for RPP…
    How A.Keys feel bout ignance, tho??

I can't remember where you blogged about your bro-in-law (I think) who does periodic check ins w/you… well, ummm… he did challenge your initiative and look at the wonderful products of your labors. Have you run it past him yet?

Sorry to be up in here soundin' like somebody's mama, but well, I am somebody's mama… not yours, but the mama instinct still kicks in!

15. Patricia
    April 8, 2010 at 3:47 pm — Reply

You should DEFINITELY Apply!!!! You seem like the perfect Candidate, ur a great blogger, social media maven and your work with the Red Pump Project is awesome.

Nuf said

Pat
    http://

16. cee
    April 10, 2010 at 12:09 am — Reply

I too, received the heads up from a friend over at Monster. When I read it, I thought it would be a cool opportunity. But, I stopped blogging a long time ago. Even still, I think you would really be an awesome fit for that job. I mean, I'd certainly read it. You just never know. Twitter is a weird and awesome place!

17. muze
    April 10, 2010 at 10:45 pm — Reply

now THAT is dopeness. i say apply. why not. i was thinking about it, but i've just heard about it today, and i'm sure she's received thousands so far. but since she asked you, i'd say you have a serious upperhand. and you get to go to london for an interview. that alone is worth applying.

*off to read aforementioned letter*

18. May 11, 2010 at 1:52 pm — Reply

so…..did ya?

19. May 17, 2010 at 8:07 am — Reply

i think you should – the Bit.ly you created alone shows the influence you can create, and i think that speaks many more volumes. the other words that were said can be water under the bridge – im sure celebrities have to deal with that stuff all the time :)

Great meeting ya at the bglh meetup — :)) i was the random lady with the braids luvvin your hair at the swap table with afrobella :)

20. June 22, 2010 at 1:22 am — Reply

Super-cute post!! I’d be geeked too…