Social Media

Apparently, You Can Get Birth Control Pills on Twitter

When I tell you that Twitter is the Den of Iniquity, please believe me. That place is where logic and any semblance of good sense goes to die. Which is why I created DumbestTweets.com to keep track of all the foolishness that goes on there.

At this point, I thought I’d seen it all. But every time I think this, something happens to top whatever I was just outraged about.

Two days ago, it was this tweet:

Chile… WHAT??

Ma’am, did you mean “fiancé?” iCan’t. I CANNOT!!! I know Beyoncé “runs the world” and whatnot but LAWD! I just don’t damb understand.

And as if that isn’t bad enough, #feyonce became a WORLDWIDE Twitter Trending topic because of this tweet. I facepalmed and lamented on how schools are failing us. *deep sigh*

And then yesterday’s foolishness happened. I was minding my own business when this entered my eLife:

O_____O

Wait. WAYMENT! This fool is selling her birth control pills on THE TWITTAH!!! No side-eye can be strong enough to articulate how ridiculous this. Is this where we’ve come to??? We’re hawking (and potentially buying) our hormones and medication from Twitter? Chile listen… we’re regressing as a people. A species, even.

There are just SO many things wrong with this.

First of all, why is this chick finding it necessary to sell her unwanted pills on Twitter? I know the recession struggle is real, but GAHTDAMB! Tryna make $10-25 by hawking your birth control pills ain’t what life is about. She couldn’t borrow that money from her friends? Maybe she doesn’t have any because friends don’t let friends do stuff like this.

Furthermore, is this even legal? Nawl. I’m pretty sure it isn’t. Birth control pills are obtained by prescription only, since doctors have to figure out the right ones for your SPECIFIC needs and body. Giving medication prescribed just for you to someone else without a doctor’s permission is probably illegal #dinnamug. And let’s not e’em talk about how dangerous it is for you to use the wrong pills. LET US NOT TALK ABOUT IT!

As if that isn’t bad enough. Getting pills from a stranger is as smart as putting your head in a crocodile’s mouth. DUMB AS HELL!!! Lemme find out some poor unfortunate soul actually bought them from her. If someone was dumb enough to buy them and their uterus fights back, I won’t e’em feel NO sympatation for them. Yes, I said sympatation.

I don’t have time for this foolishness (said the blogger who just dedicated a whole post to it. O___o)

Whatcha’ll think? Is this your friend? Would you buy pills from a stranger bish on Twitter? HOW DID WE GET THERE???

Discuss.

And check out DumbestTweets.com for more foolishness.

MacBook Thieves Beware! You Might Don't Make It!

A Lot of People Hate Justin Bieber. For Why?

1. Kay
    June 2, 2011 at 7:16 am — Reply

Girl, bye….I do not, nor do I need your unwanted birf control pills….O_o this is worse than the shit I see on Craigslist…..

• June 4, 2011 at 8:41 am — Reply

Lemme find out Twitter’s turning into an even more ratchet Craigslist in 140 characters.

2. Klysha
    June 2, 2011 at 9:36 am — Reply

I can’t even focus on the birth control issue because I’m stuck on the fact that someone spelled fiancé feyonce…and it became a trending topic. (buries face in palms) This is why we gotta start reading black people… When all you read is bossip.com it’s likely that you’d sound out fiancé and think it’s spelled like Beyonce with an F.

• Ashley
      June 2, 2011 at 5:58 pm — Reply

same thing I said. this chick either sounded out the word in her head and wrote what she “heard” or she figured since it rhymed with Beyonce she could swap out the B for an F

no comment on the birth control pill selling

• June 4, 2011 at 8:36 am — Reply

“Feyonce” SLAYED me. lolol

• June 4, 2011 at 8:41 am — Reply

ALL OF THIS!

3. LB
    June 2, 2011 at 11:11 am — Reply

Yer Mostest Awesomelinessis?
    So, what happens when they turn out ta be green M&M’s?
    They got a Refund policy, LOL?

It can be twit-her @babymaybe

L “Whatca mean ya Pregyonce girl?!” B?

• June 4, 2011 at 8:40 am — Reply

LOLLLL @ green M&ms. I’m pretty sure all sales are final. Folks just gon be real salty.

4. Cosmolude
    June 2, 2011 at 11:47 am — Reply

I was so mad when I saw this on twitter last night, lol!! Really?! Really?! Did she just happen to find them and think “Self, know what would be a good idea? Sell these birth control pills on twitter.” Not even gonna ask friends or strangers off the street. So she’s just gonna sell drugs on twitter like it’s legal? Girl, bye!!

• June 4, 2011 at 8:39 am — Reply

GURL! That’s what I’m saying. What made her think this was a good idea? We may never know.

5. Bridgette
    June 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm — Reply

I was wondering why feyonce was trending on twitter yesterday. I was so confused and apparently so was the girl who tweeted it. *sigh* Lord, what does my 10 month old son have to look forward to?! I’m trying to raise a genius and a world full ignant asses! (that’s right ignant) And the girl selling her birth control on twitter….she’s needs to talk alldem pills. Cause lawd knows she ain’t ready to raise a damn plant let alone a child.

• June 4, 2011 at 8:38 am — Reply

Yeah girl. This is why. Foolishness. Protect your son from the perils of Twitter and he might just be ok.

Mmhmm ol’ girl needs to not procreate b/c she is clearly a dummy.

6. Lexi
    June 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm — Reply

why?!!I.CAN.NOT!!!*WALKS AWAY PRAYING FOR SOME ANSWERS TO THE FOOLISHNESS I JUST READ*

• June 4, 2011 at 8:36 am — Reply

When you get those answers, please share cuz…

7. June 2, 2011 at 10:29 pm — Reply

Selling birth control pills online is nothing. Remember the chick who was selling $80 BJs and $100 bootay on twitter? Her account finally got suspended, but when people asked her to “show the receipts” she posted twitvids and twitpics of what $80 can buy. I, of course, didn’t watch naaan one. *sits in the corner*

• June 4, 2011 at 8:35 am — Reply

GURL!!! CandyDeepThroat? Yes. I recall. The interwebs is just… iCan’t.

8. June 3, 2011 at 11:12 am — Reply

I meannnn she couldn’t even disclose what brand it was so a homegirl could do some research first? “Green pills in a purple bottle.” Because that doesn’t sound like something you should stay away from. I can’t stand people who can’t even accomplish dumb ideas properly. Like, what does that say about your life? Lmfao.

• June 4, 2011 at 8:35 am — Reply

She’s clearly failing at some areas in life.

9. June 3, 2011 at 11:50 am — Reply

First, yes this is absolutely illegal.

Second, I love that she tells us what color they are. Apparently she “didn’t like the brand” but doesn’t know which brand that is. My money says she never took them and now needs the money to buy diapers for her 2 year old.

• June 4, 2011 at 8:34 am — Reply

LOLLL right. And why she’s telling us the color like it’s relevant is beyond me.