My Life

Back From Nigeria

WHATTUP, folks! I’m back from my trip to Nigeria. I was gone for a week and a half, and it was my first trip back in 17 years. It was to bury my Grandmother. While I was there, I journaled my days. I wrote over 60 pages. I took many pics and videos.

The trip was the definition of epic. Because of this, I’m going to chronicle it in a Tumblr blog. This isn’t just for others but for me and my fam to be able to look back. A lot of us haven’t been back in ages so it was a rediscovery for most of us.

So I created BackFromNigeria.Tumblr.com to recap the trip. It’s password-protected so let me know if you’d like access to it by emailing me at [email protected]. This is the most personal writing I’ve ever let public in any way, so that makes me slightly more than anxious. But something is driving me to document this trip. So I shall.

But I’m glad to be back. LET RATCHETNESS COMMENCE!

1. August 8, 2011 at 2:21 am — Reply

-THROWS CONFETTI-
    YAAAAY! LUUVIE IS BACK <3

I've always wondered what Nigeria was like, I'm totally emailing you in the morning for the password!

I'm glad you had a great trip!

2. MissMaryMack
    August 8, 2011 at 11:44 am — Reply

Welcome baaaaack =) #noMa$e

Glad you had a safe trip (my condolences for the reason prompting the trip).

Ratchetness was lacking in my life…

3. LB
    August 8, 2011 at 11:58 am — Reply

Yer Mostest Awesomelynessis,
    So that’s where you been MIA at at!
    Glad you’re back.
    Feeling … better.
    I hope, for you.

(And did ya get me that mail-order bride address for me this time?)

LB

4. paintgurl40
    August 9, 2011 at 1:39 pm — Reply

My condolences about your grandmother!

Welcome back Luvvie! I thought you were still in LA.
    I’m intrigued about this journal. It must have been hard, trying to catch up 17 years in a week. How long did the flight take? Do you have photos included, or is it full of talk? ;P

• paintgurl40
      August 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm — Reply

the innernets have been awfully quiet since you’ve been gone!!

5. August 13, 2011 at 7:35 am — Reply

My condolences, luv. Can I take a peek at your journal, pretty please?

6. C Lynn Hawkins
    September 5, 2012 at 7:03 pm — Reply

Welcome Back Luvvie,
    Now get back to work. Also may I have the password in order to read your Blog on your
    trip back home.