Pi Nappa Kappa: Natural Hair Sorority. Yes, Really.

[ 88 ] August 29, 2011 |

I’ma just jump right in and let y’all know there’s a sorority called “Pi Nappa Kappa.” Yes. In real reality, not virtual. At first, I thought the Iota Sweets decided to branch out and start a completely new org. Then I learned that it was actually a Natural Hair sorority. And it exists un-ironically. The people who created this were VERY serious.

I have SO many questions.

Pi Nappa Kappa Natural Hair Sorority

They e'em got a logo.

* What is the point of this organization of theirs? Their Facebook page says Pi Nappa Kappa is “a sorority whose mission is to “To educate, inspire and uplift natural hair women, men, boys and girls throughout the entire world. To make the word “nappy” into a “happy” and celebrated term.”

Mkay I’m not hating on the mission but did they have to insist on making this a sorority?? And here’s where they lose me EVEN MORE: “When you Sign the Pledge to Join the Natural Hair Sorority you have agreed to adhere to a high level of Supreme living.”

Wait. If I commit to their pledge, I get angel wings? Does that booty that the LAWD promised me appear outta nowhere? Do I become a Scientologist? How do I achieve this higher level of living??? ALL this from a pledge that says I won’t put the creamy crack in my coif?

“Sista’s that fro together, grow together!” – Someone actually wrote this on the Pi Nappa Kappa pledge page. Nawl. HAVE A SEAT! Y’all, we need mentors in our communities because…

* Why did they decide to become a “Greek” org and use the name “Pi Nappa Kappa?” “Nappa” does not exist in the Greek alphabet. I know they were trying to be clever but NAWL.

Black folks always tryna belong to something. I know fraternities and sororities do create community and whatnot but I’m not sold on this particular one. I wonder if these ladies are only children. Or if they belong to any other BGLOs (Black Greek Letter Organizations).

And the funniest thing is that they take themselves VERY seriously. They even have hand signals. Chile, I just don’t be knowing.

* What’s the Pi Nappa Kappa pledging process consist of? Do they haze folks by making them wash their hair, letting it dry and then combing with a tiny pick? Maybe they take away their shea butter while they’re online. #SnapCracklePOP I wonder if the members of Pi Nappa Kappa cross the burning sands by finally putting conditioner in their hair after months of pledging.

* Can white folks join? I mean, their hair is natural. I’m just asking. For a friend.

I’m kinda wanna to “LIKE” the Pi Nappa Kappa FB page JUST so I can write on their wall and say “Dontcha’ll have twistouts to go do? SADDOWN!”

I wonder if Cicely Tyson is gon speak at the 1st Pi Nappa Kappa convention and tell the tale bout how she tried to make Madame CJ Walker stay natural, but failed. And then CJ developed the first perm kit and hot comb and history wrote the rest. I bet they have conference calls bout flying India Arie in to sing at their chapter meetings.

Pi Kappa Nappa Tweet

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a PROUD naturalista myself and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the creamy crack. My edges are thanking me for this decision. I’ve had locs for almost 2 years and have been natural since like 2006. BUT, these folks here are taking it to other levels.To my permed sisthren, please know that not all of us naturalistas are fools with it. I am not, nor will I ever become, a Pi Nappa Kappa.

But I guess if they love it…

(-___-)

And someone just wrote on the Pi Nappa Kappa page with “Soror 1485.” Ma’am..!!!

They’re having boulé in Houston in December. I kinda wanna crash it a lil bit and do hoodrat things with my friends there. Would I be wrong?

Whatcha’ll think of Pi Nappa Kappa? You joining?

Tags: , ,

Category: Random

1. Renee says:

I say STOP the madness! I’ve had natural hair forever and don’t need a “sorority” to feel like I belong. Give me a dayum break! Folks always need to belong to something. I’m an only child, independent and have had nappy hair my entire life! Big up to naps but a sorority? It is just hair ya’ll! Give me a break!

• Luvvie says:

Folks STAY needing to belong. I feel like if they took up other hobbies like sewing, some of this could be avoided.

• HERU says:

I as read this link I realized the High ignorance of Nubian people, especially these sorority folk. If you anything about your history you would know that greeks didn’t start anything but stealing ancient knowledge from Kemet aka egypt. The Black women and Men of our ancient civilizations had brotherhood and sisterhood organizations. These days we called them greeks, who were these of this knowledge. For you greekers, note that europeans started these so-called black greek organization to capture the intellectual black minds from liberating the spirits and there mind and to keep them from join people like Marcus Garvey. I not here to pick childish willie lynch fights. We need to know the facts before we began to hate on grass-root movements that uplift black people. It’s our to claim anyway. You should study the sellout BOULE, black greek organization to see how all of you who pledged greek are sellouts, agents for ignorance, and advisors to the white racist system. PLEASE STUDY ABOUT WHO ARE THE BOULE AND THE REASON BLACK GREEKS WERE FORMED!! For all you sisters and brother who are making this progress in pride and stride, I solute you. Even Margaret Sanger used the AKA sorority to push birth control on black women back in the day. Study Margaret Sanger and her view of black people..She called us weeds that need to be culled. Eugenics, a science, and planned parent hood are under-minding plans of death to black people. We don’t need more ignorant sellouts telling us what is right or wrong for us to do. If the sellout had any kind of knowledge of self, they would stongly support any such movement that motivate our people. Just know this lame, the TRUTH of who we are and our ancient rich past is caughting up to your europeany lies and are about to crush them. So Big ups to Pi Nappa Kappa. A people who have nothing to stand on fall for anything. Please Reply

2. NubianEmpress says:

*chris brown voice* i’m done.

*cuts off dreads, runs out and buys box of Dark ‘n’ Lovely

3. Kenneth says:

Their brother fraternity should be called “Waka Flocka Flame” then. I love my dreads and all but this doing the most.

4. nikki says:

Look now its bad enough we get slander DAILY for being natural and now they wanna pull this out they pockets?! I love my natural hair, one of the best choices I’ve made BUT they’re reaching for acceptance. If yall wanna just admit that yall tryna get in Guiness for the nations largest hair convention say that! I’ll bring my whipped shea butter and yall can teach me to 2strand flat twist.

5. RoxyWTF says:

The hand signals represent the hours of detangling we go through on a weekly basis.

WE GOTTA REPRESENT OUR STRUGGLE!

6. Thanks for this. I really was curious what Pi Nappa Kappa was about.

7. Brandi says:

“Do line names include Big Sista BrushOnlyWhenWet or Anchor FingerComb? These are things I need to know!”

Ma’am… I died!!!

8. Thanks for this. I really was curious what Pi Nappa Kappa was about. Ironically, while many other natural hair groups don’t seem to be as organized as PNK, there are some who seem as exclusive. The exclusivity seems to promote more division, to me. Yes, can white naturals participate? They have some of the best products and contribute in a great way to black hair care and education. Anyhoo, no shade, PNK, keep being nappy.

9. Cheekie says:

Girl, I fell OUT when my girl linked this. Pretty sure they stroll to “The Circle of Life.”

10. ladyfresh85 says:

ooooooohhhh the hoodrat in me wanna go to this since i’m in Houston! I can’t deny i like to do hoodrat things with my friends once a month lol! I need to keep up with my quota!

• Luvvie says:

YESSS!!! This could fill up your hoodrat things quota for three months!

• Heru says:

Ignorance is bliss..Why do you attack your sisters? Sound like a bill cosby lover. He talked about names like keisha, Makeda, Sheba….etc..Well since you don’t know, a proud candice queen of Ethiopia was name QUEEN SHEBA, aka MAKEDA..These are name similar are close to our Natural tongue. Not Paula, Kelly, Lexus, Amy, etc..Get it right sister..All the time you spend on bashing your people, you can take that time and read and learn all the great things about your people. You guys sound like black who don’t believe facts unless you here a whiteman say it…well go to youtube and type in, WHITE TELLS THE TRUTH..You can also Type in, WHITEWOMEN tells the TRUTH..May you’ll learn something, maybe you’ll break the spell of your willie lynch ways..Love you all no matter what..Wake Up!!

• HERU says:

Hoodrats..You Greeks you carbon copy cats. How dare you Praise BOULE with they sellout agenda..the lower levels don’t know how thw top operates..All non- greeks please study the origins of this Greek Freaks. To let it be known, the origin of walking the burning sand is the fact that the Ancients roped up the beast, stripped them of our fine clothing, blindfolded them and march them across the desert to the Caucasus Mountains. This is why they are called eu-rope-ans. Did you know that the land was name after queen Europa..Black Nubian Queen!!! So you are following these ways of the evil doers. Thought you was apart of somthing special huh? You got played and is still getting played..Learn something real and truth, like the craft of AMEN RA, the real origin of the europeans copy-cat masonry..Youtube WHITEWOMEN TELLS THE TRUTH and WHITEMAN TELL THE TRUTH. To me you sound like you wouldn’t believe facts unless you heard a white person say ir..Sound like Bill Cosby lovers..BOULE..Taking bout Keisha, Makeda, etc are ghetto name..Did you know that a PROUD CANDICE QUEEN of Ethiopia was name Sheba aka Makeda? The father of medicine and great genius Imhotep, Black Kemite (egypt), Khufu, etc…Wake up and quit the lame false reality living. The house negro, advisors the the slave kings, will be exposed…Merira Kwesi has a DVD showing how they even stole the fashion that people like you would call europeany..The house negro is more deadly to his/her people thatn any slave master could ever be..PLEASE REPLY

11. sarah says:

i see nothing really wrong here. i went to a large liberal arts college and it seemed that you could make up a frat/sorority for just about any reason… all you needed was a creed and some letters and BAM! instant validation. i think this one in particular is very contrived, but i’ve seen frats built on way shakier grounds.

• Luvvie says:

I underdig that some orgs are built on shakier ground but that doesn’t make THIS org any less contrived. I’m just saying…

• LAtecia says:

I don’t see anything wrong with it either. That’s why you have a choice of whether to join or not. If you don’t want to participate, then don’t. You guys are so stuck on the word “sorority”, instead of seeing that it’s just a sisterhood of women with natural hair coming together in love and support. God know’s that we as black women need something to positive to bring us together. All we seem to do is talk about, put down and criticize each other such as your blog! Join if you want, or don’t, but let them be. That’s what’s wrong with us now! Are you mad because you didn’t think of it first?!

12. Ms. Smart says:

I have had natural hair for 12 years. It’s usually in weave or under a wig protective styles. Can I join? Then again, I’m already in a recognized BGLO so I’ll pass.

Oh and Luvvie, please don’t think your subtle shade of the Iotas went unnoticed. You’re going to mess around and have all of UPS after you at the rate you’re going.

• Luvvie says:

“Can I join? Then again, I’m already in a recognized BGLO so I’ll pass.”

WELP!

And LMAO!!! You know I had to take this opportunity to throw that in there.

13. Anna Renee says:

I bet that a sista was typing “nappy”, did a typo hmmm — OOOH, that looks greek, let me put Pi and Kappa around that thing! Bam!

PI NAPPA KAPPA!! Now that’s the ish right there!

Then all that was left was to go online find an afro image, create a logo of it, and announce that thang on Facebook! Booyah!!

Don’t hate the playas, hate the game! ;)

14. Brittany says:

iCan’t Luv. I mean, come on…. This is a joke. This has got to be a joke. I mean is this recognized by NPHC? I mean seriously people. What more do you need beyond natural hair meetups, expos, and effing t-shirts?

I really can’t.

I just…

Bye.

• Luvvie says:

I wish I was kidding. SMH.

• Thbreb04 says:

The are only 9 organizations that fall under NPHC but there are several that fall under the PHC. And the others, I don’t know where they fall. I’m sure their goal is not to knock the D9 but to have fun?
      Too much going on… Live a little.
      I say like it, love it or just move the hell on.

15. Soooo…on another note….whats up with the stiff towards Iotas? How exactly do you justify bringing them into this? ….Just wondering. o_O

16. A Boule??? CHile..I want all of them to get their lives together. Boule is for the “big girls”…that shit is a “gathering”. Dont call it no Boule! YOu aint got no Grand Basilieus or PResident!! Whats your aim! You aint paring with no kinda non profits or nothing!!! I got locs to..but I be damned if I get laughed out my REAL sorority for joining this rachetness.

What an abomination to both GREEKS and naturals alike.

I reject their foolishness

• Luvvie says:

Well THEY ain’t call it a boule. That’s my foolishness.

• My apologies then. They having a “meet up” What happened to Ning Groups? What they couldnt just do that instead of calling it a sorority? Folks just wanna damn belong….

• April says:

THANK YOU for voicing what I wanted to say to well!
      As a memeber of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc I know what real sister hood and pledging and SERVICE for ALL MANKind!Yeas I am natural have been for about a 2 years now… will i ever get a perm again who knows…its just hair like clothes it changes with the wind!

I subscribe to the motto “Wear the Letters, Dont let them wear YOU!

THIS is a bunch of (SMDH) to all the Divine 9 orgs…….

17. oshun says:

Yall ain’t greek! shit!

18. Margaret says:

My favorite line name would is WashNGoFro. I’m going to the Fb page to look for brands…of hot combs…on their arms.

I fully support blaming Iota’s for this. The 6 of them are guilty.

19. Evita says:

Alrighty i agree this is a pure hotmess. They have 7 reasons why you should join.
    Here they are
    1. If you have always wanted to pledge but never got around to it, we are here for you.

2. If you are Natural and want to promote natural hair values we are here for you.

3. If you want to be part of an organization that understands your decision to just “Be” Natural.

4. If you want the benefits of being part of a big group who has pledged to adhere to a higher level of integrity.

5. If you believe that we have a lot of work to do to help spread the beauty and the word of natural hair and living.

6. If you want to promote your business to Naturals we are here for you.

7. If you want to network with other naturals, we are here for you.

Number one alone purely irriates me… Please I really think they need to gone head and have a permanant seat. I know you want to belong to some sista’s but this here just don’t make no sense. Anti- Member here!

• Luvvie says:

See? Now I REALLY need these Greek rejects to have a seat, tryna fulfill college Divine Nine dreams. MA’AMS!!!

• Max says:

Number 1 is a problem.

I need them have a seat…in the corner…outside.

I actually got an email from (I guess) their founder *snort* inquiring about my interest in joining. After I finished laughing, I promptly forwarded the email to all my Sorors and then deleted it.

20. DiaShoni says:

Well…if you DO come to Houston to crash it, let me know. I would love to see that!

21. dnlee says:

Girl nawl. I’m dying here. I would SO parking lot pimp that convention. You think they meeting in December cause it’s better for the natural loqs. Won’t sweat out.

22. dnlee says:

These nappy shenanigans are too much for me.

23. Drew-Shane says:

What happens if someone wants to perm their hair? Are they like suspended until they decide to go back natural? SO many questions…

24. Hi Luvvie,
    Thanks for the laughs! I’ll have to check that site out myself for a few smiles. Checked out your Red Pump Project site, too, and applaud you for what you are doing to educate folks about HIV/AIDS.
    Just wanted to share a little hair care history with you. As Madam C. J. Walker’s great-great-granddaughter and biographer, I wanted to let you know that she did not invent the hot comb or the perm. I know! I know! The myth is strong and all over the place. No question she was a pioneer of hair care in the early 20th century, but heated metal devices were around at least as early as the 1870s when she was still a toddler and she never made or sold chemical straighteners. Parisian Marcel Grateau is credited with making curling irons in the 1870s and others made these items, as well. Garrett Morgan, the black man who invented the gas mask and stoplight, also developed a perm. Anyone can Google these names. For more of what Madam Walker accomplished as an entrepreneur, political activist, patron of the arts and philanthropist, I hope you’ll visit our website at http://www.madamcjwalker.com. Also would love to invite you to visit us on Facebook at “Black Hair Historian: A’Lelia Bundles.” Maybe you’ll want to share comments with us.
    Best wishes,
    A’Lelia Bundles
    President, Madam Walker Family Archives.

25. gwen says:

iQuit you, LuvBug! The fact that tears are running down my face from laughter is just… :)

26. My hair is natural. I am not joining no sorority I have authority issues!!! As per usual Luvvie I am LOL at work!!

27. Sadiqua says:

Ok, isn’t a greek org featuring males AND females called a fraternity? Like the nursing fraternity, or a business fraternity… A sorority with men? I’m getting MIAKA flashbacks *side eye*

Anywho, when I see PNK on an adopted highway sign, I will take back everything I said about them. Every iota of what I said.

28. Talie C says:

I’m still waiting for a member of Pi Nappa Kappa to come tell Luvvie all the way off in her comment section though. lol

29. Kacy says:

I see nothing wrong with it. There are all types of sororities: Christian, asian, latino, philippine, muslim, native american, jewish, one for women who want to fight breast cancer, and plenty more. And I bet no one gave them any grief about it. Its so sad to me that black ppl use to fight with each other and now all we do is fight against each other. Here are some links to a couple of these sororities and fraternities.

Phi Beta Psi Sorority http://www.phibetapsi.org/

Alpha Phi Delta (ΑΦΔ) is traditionally an Italian-American heritage Fraternity http://www.apd.org/

Beta Sigma Phi International (ΒΣΦ) is a non-academic sorority with 200,000 members in chapters around the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Sigma_Phi

Phi Beta Psi

30. kj says:

Crabs in a barrell syndrome, its a dangerous thing. I guess even ignorance needs a platform…talk to the sister who formed the page, then form an opinion

31. Delightful says:

The idea of organizing for support in the natural hair process is not bad in and of itself. However, to do that as a Greek Letter organization is a hot mess. But since we are on hot messes…the idea of Black folks (read African descent) joining Greek organizations has BEEN a hot mess long before now. Not hating on anyone, because I’m a member of one myself from back in the day before I began to study my history/herstory.

IJS…call all the spades out.

32. Delightful says:

…and before you heffas even get started, the one I joined does NOT have Iota in the name. LMAO. Woo-wee! :-)

33. amymay117 says:

Ummm… Luvvie, I’m sorry, but the Devil is a Lie! Line 10 of us up and at least 9 will have some sort of chemical or color in their hair… either a “white” perm (to make the hair curly), or a relaxer, or a Brazilian… sumfin’.

We ain’t natural either. It’s just that most of us have enough oil in our scalp to keep the damage from showing as badly.

Me, myself, personally… Garnier Nutrisse Sweet Cola. I’m not ready to give in to the grey.

But as always, you got a heffa ROLLIN’ in the floor!

34. LB says:

Yer Mostest Awesomelynessis?
    Well … when I saw that “Pi Nappa Kappa 10K Natural” logo-thing posted up there I thought it was a local area D.C. 10K. Ya know, the well-run 10K race distance. Thought it was a charity fundraiser for women suffering premature baldness from one too many boxes of Dark & Lovely and hours of the hot comb or sumthin’.
    Bein’ the sensitive man I am, I had my VISA out lookin’ for the registration page, finding my fav pair of red (pump) racing flats and such, gonna run the race (winnin’ the Ol’ Man group section), support the charity an’ generally help the ladies out.

Then you ruin it for me. These, like, them serious fist-pumpin’ sistah’s that gonna kick me in the teeth for accidentally bein’ born into my white-privileged maleness? If I complement them on how nice it all looks, will they call me Imus then spit on me?

Geeez … I thought I was set to do a Good thing …

• Scorpiana says:

OK; THIS ^ shit right here!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Woo chile! iCannot anymore! Good.Night. (exits, stage left – in Snagglepuss’ voice)

35. lilsoulsista says:

“And it exists un-ironically” This is where I almost died choking on my water and had to stop reading to live! Dammit Luvvie!

36. AtALossForWords says:

Doesn’t this just take you back to that scene in Skool Daze? Wannabe’s and Jiggaboo’s. I mean, come on sistaz. A sorority. Really?

I applaud natural hair women who make the choice for based on their convictions; but to do so from a trendy standpoint, or because Chris Rock made you feel bad, or so that you can feel like you finally belong to something is sad, and divisive, and really unnecessary. #sadjustplainsad

37. Lynaya says:

I have one word for this post: hilarious.

38. Jaeda Laurez says:

I guess I don’t see the big deal- if they want to be sorors in shea butter, I don’t see anything wrong with it. I’ve been natural for years, and while I won’t be joining up- meh. Let em cross over by flat twisting or however they wanna do do it lol.

39. lolaa says:

I am genuinely confused as to why so many people are offended by this “sorority”…???

I just don’t care either way, good on them.

40. Katrina says:

To me this sounds like someone who wants to sell some shirts and thought by using the word sorority to get it done. People need to quit it.

41. AJ says:

I read this at work, and I internally laughed so hard my cheeks puffed out. AHAHA!! I thought this was just like a cute thing they did. Like a fake sorority thing and there would just be t-shirts and stuff. Since, like you said, “Nappa” isn’t a Greek letter. But then I went on facebook and saw the “soror” this and that, and the hand signals?!! I. Cant. I’m not even in a BGLO, and I’m offended. I’m in 2 academic fraternities, and I’m annoyed! What is this? Y’all can’t just create a student organization? Have club meetings? Why does it have to go this far. IT’S JUST HAIR! YOU DON’T NEED TO HAVE A ALLEGIANCE TO A SUPREME BEING REGARDING YOUR HAIR.

42. Thbred04 says:

This article is at best… Ignorant! One, it’s not a Greek Letter Organization as Nappa is not a Greek letter. There is not wrong with joining an organization that unites women with common goals. Wouldn’t this be the same as Marching Bands’ fraternities and Sororities, Greek letter organizations but very different from our D9 organizations. A Boule? Serious? They are having the first national meet up. What’s the problem?
    I think maybe if you follow them you may get some understanding versus drawing irrational conclusions. I thought it was funny how they say Naa—Tee as that’s how “we” have and continue to describe our hair. Hand signs that’s funny too.
    How silly do you sound saying that Black folks always want to be apart of something. Really? You are not apart of the situation you are a part of the problem. How ridiculous was that to say.

It’s Facebook and if you are on Facebook, you
    will see several fanpages… That sell shirts and bags with their logos. The pledge is more of self
    empowering then anything.

Being that I pledged a D9 sorority, I think it’s cute to see this happening and how GDIs are raising sand. You have a choice to like or join or don’t like and don’t join!
    The numbers are not symbolic to line numbers but to the numbers of members they are at before 10k. Can you imagine if D9 had line numbers like that my number would like be 200,000! I’m guessing.
    It doesn’t take all this bashing… Just show your
    disapproval by not liking it. The more articles
    you write the more attention they get which is
    more exposure and helping them reach their
    goal of 10K members by Decemeber. Good job.

Now ladies, I have entertained this for a while now. On to next one…
    BTW… I also joined. I don’t know my number and don’t care what it is. I’m going to support their cause.

Good day

43. Thbred04 says:

It’s Facebook and if you are on Facebook, you
    empowering then anything.

Being that I pledged a D9 sorority, I think it’s cute to see this happening and how GDIs are raising sand. You have a choice to like or join ordon’t like and don’t join!
    you write the more attention they get which is
    more exposure and helping them reach their
    goal of 10K members by Decemeber. Good job.

Now ladies, I have entertained this for a while now. On to next one…

Good day

44. Krystal says:

Luvvie! You should be ashamed of your self to belittle something positive that a black women has initiated and organized. Also shame on all you BLGO’s, because you are not the truth. First of all you are claiming to be Greek (Roman) when your descendents are not. So it’s to me that you are all trying to be a mockery of white people and when you need to be defining yourself. Secondly, every organization derived from something, such as you BLGO’s. So why not be happy for this woman who is encouraging to be natural. It’s positive, inviting, you don’t have to be a certain stereotype, and you don’t have to have a certain criteria of your BLGO’s. People let’s stop putting down each other and support something positive. I know we all have our own opinion, but we will never get ahead if we continue to make comments like this about one another. You are very ignorant and the real Boule’s are white folks. They run the world and not us. It’s just some of us that are black that they can control which allows us in those organizations. Just keeping it real. Yall really need to stop this. You people are sad.

45. Lydia says:

HA! ‘Do hoodrat things with my friends.’ That line will never get old. I agree with you 100%. They are embarrassing us!

46. Lexxaye says:

“I have natural hair, and I will not be joining nobody’s Pi Nappa Kappa even if y’all paid me in Miss Jessie’s and Carol’s Daughter. This “organization” sounds like the Iota of everything.”

Dear Jesus, I’m in teaaars! LMFAOAO

47. LadyKay says:

I think this is a great organization and if you read the webpage it says” We are not any type of “Greek” or any existing sorority. We are a unique, one of a kind, fun, friendly sorority “Sisterhood” that exists for educational purposes and to promote unity and tolerance of our natural hair”…..

For a non greek, like myself, who never had the opportunity to pledge a traditional greek organization, this is a great way for people to come together. Not just a way to fit in, as a few of you have stated, but a way to be accepted with a common purpose.