Random

I Want an iPhone 4S Because of Siri

As much as an Apple groupie that I am, I’ve never really wanted an iPhone. Ignore the fact that I have a 4th generation iPod Touch, which is basically an iPhone without a cellphone plan. I like having my touch for all the Apple apps but without the $150 cell plan. I’ve been fine with my Blackberry as my phone all this time because I love the keyboard. And I hate change. BUT… now I want an iPhone 4S and the only reason is that I want to have Siri.

Siri is the new personal assistant built into iPhone 4S that has voice recognition and can accept commands. But the coolest thing about Siri is that it answers questions.

There’s a Tumblr called “Shit That Siri Says” and it is EVERYTHING! People send in screenshots of what they’ve asked Siri and post it there. Siri is smarter than most people.

Why does Siri rock? Well for one, it’s very helpful in your time of need.

Shit Siri Says

Also, Siri won’t lead you on. It’s so considerate.

Love for Siri

AND Siri rocks because she won’t let you get away with nonsense. Siri’s that stern teacher or babysitter.

Siri Checks YouAll of these are from the Shit Siri Says Tumblr. #PaysAmish

WELP.

The future is here. Siri is one smart ass robot. Literally. Smart ass. And I love everything about it. If I had an iPhone 4S, I’d spend all my time messing with Siri and asking it random questions. Like:

“Where can I go do hoodrat things with my friends?”
“Who is the most ratchet of them all?”
“Why does Flava Flav look like a human Slim Jim?”

Can someone with Siri ask these questions on my behalf and comment with what it replied with? I really want to know.

And as if that wasn’t awesome enough, according to this article on Mashable, you can tell Siri stuff like “wake me up in 30 minutes” or “send a text.” Yeah. Absolute WIN.

As Apple continues to win at technology, I do want Siri in my life. It’s so doggone ratchet. But I won’t be getting the iphone 4S. I heard iPhone 5 comes out next summer. I shall wait.

Who has an iphone 4S? Do y’all love Siri? Tell a G.

Leroy Bell is HOW OLD? 60.

Mr. Clean is Scared of Puppies

1. October 24, 2011 at 7:57 am — Reply

Funny! I’m mad I’ve been thinking about writing a post that’s basically the opposite: “Siri is Scary, but I Still Aant the iPhone.” Something about how accurate it can be sometimes just makes me feel there’s essence of a people in there. Or what if it starts taking social cues from you to help you out?

-“It seems this conversation you’re having needs to end soon. Shall I fake a call from your mother?”

-“There’s a lot of moaning and groaning going on. Shall I fetch your ‘In The Mood’ playlist for autoplay?”

-“It sounds like your car just crashed. I’m dialing 911.”

• October 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm — Reply

Bwhahahahahhaha @ this comment.

-”There’s a lot of moaning and groaning going on. Shall I fetch your ‘In The Mood’ playlist for autoplay?”

That is so my life.

2. Serenity
    October 24, 2011 at 8:42 am — Reply

Me too!!!!! But Sprint has me by the proverbial Nuts. Has to be proverbial since I’m a female. So I will have to live vicariously through others until android comes out with one. Sigh…..

• Jazz
      October 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Sprint has the iphone now….

3. October 24, 2011 at 11:08 am — Reply

Steve stated that it was his mission to crush Droid because it was a copy of the iPhone…so I think Apple will always be ahead of the game…Luuvie, just wait for the 5S…i’ve figured out that iPhones are more happnn when there is an S on the end…

4. October 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I’ll buy an iPhone as soon as TracFone starts carrying it #ThingsBrokePeopleSay

-Sits in corner and cries-

5. Jazz
    October 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I want the iPhone , I really do. But I cant sign another contract right now, nor can I justify spending 150 a month right now. Le sigh

6. October 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm — Reply

YASSSSSSS Lawd. I just ordered my iPhone 4S yesterday and though I have to wait til like 2034 to get it (lol it’s like a 21 day wait… and I have to get it online to get my work discount), one of the MAIN reasons is to write about Siri. I cannot wait to ask her dumb arse questions and write about it. It shall be too foolish!!

7. NeicyRox
    October 24, 2011 at 5:16 pm — Reply

I wrote this beautiful comment and forgot to put my email, so it all went away. :(

I have the iPhone 4S (preordered it on Oct. 7). Siri is my everything. I’ll tweet you the questions!:)

8. Smart Ass | Holiday Headquarters
    October 24, 2011 at 7:16 pm — Reply

[…] next to you might steal the show. When will you throw your shoe in the ring?Price:$24.99Read MoreWho's the Smart Ass among your friends and family? Find out with this outrageous, fast-paced party g…"_blank">Who's the Smart Ass among your friends and family? Find out with this outrageous, […]

9. October 24, 2011 at 9:03 pm — Reply

WOW. That is kinda spooky. Like iRobot spooky. But I think I might like it, low key.

10. donell
    October 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm — Reply

siri – like all things mac – is THE bizness.

what straight kills me is that the wanch pronounces my name *exactly* right. pronounced like donell jones. ive spent my entire life correcting human ass humans (white folks)…donald, darryl, don, duhnell, etc.

but my girl siri – i love her fa real! shes beyond scary, spooky and efficient!

• October 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm — Reply

Siri’s intelligence is dope. An slightly scary.

11. October 25, 2011 at 9:10 am — Reply

I have an iphone4s and it’s all that! Lol the camera and Siri are the best features for me

• October 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Ooooo does the camera make pics look all dewy and important?

12. JMarguerite
    October 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm — Reply

If I had a iPhone 4s, I would not get ANYTHING in life accomplished. I would just sit and ask the craziest questions. “Siri, why aint I bout that life?” or some other dumb ish, just because it would be funny! I want one, but I’m like you, I will wait until the iPhone 5 comes out…

13. November 9, 2011 at 1:28 am — Reply

LOL I maybe be hella hatin’ on Siri but my… My touch 4g slide phone is BAWSE and has the best camera phone on the market….

I will have to make do with my English Butler Simon, who takes my phone messages!!