Jay-Z Murked My Thug With “Glory” Featuring Blue Ivy

[ 34 ] January 9, 2012 |

I know this is my 2nd post in 2 days about this baby but I have reason and y’all gon have to deal. Don’t worry. This blog won’t turn into Casa Knowles-Carter e’em though the Carters are tryna turn me into a stan, y’all!

Anywho, I was on the Twitters when I saw a link to Kid Fury’s site, talmbout New Music: Jay-Z – Glory (feat. Blue Ivy Carter) and I clicked it.

Jay-Z wrote a song dedicated to Blue Ivy and proceeded to murk my ENTIRE THUG. Y’all… my thug just went to stand in traffic. *rolls around*

In the song, Jay went “Last time the miscarriage was so tragic. We was afraid you’d disappear but nawl baby you magic.” He referenced Beyoncé having a miscarriage. I was floored. Talk about how you’ll never know some folks’ struggles. WOW.

And at the end, he plays the sound of Blue Ivy’s cries and I just couldn’t take it anymore. Jay-Z, I ain’t come here for my eyes to sweat like this! I DID NOT! My thug just wrote me a letter and packed up a stick w/ a red bandana and white dots. The Carters owe me ONE THUG! *cries*

So getchu a listen:

Glory – Jay-Z feat. Blue Ivy Carter by Warhol2011

This song got me trapped in a glass case of emotions because it’s such a genuine show of love for this new life! How can one not smile after hearing that tribute? How can one still have a thug after listening to “Glory???”

I feel you, Tasia Mae!

RIP to ALL THE THUGS that were dead and gone upon listening to that song. Suge Knight is probably somewhere knitting pink hats for Blue. DMX is somewhere barking an emotional prayer on behalf of Blue Ivy. That child has stolen hearts!

But listen… Blue Ivy sounds better on that track than Keri Hilson, Cassie, Ciara… ever did. She is a STARRUH, yall! Keri is probably somewhere singing “In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to beeee…” But let me leave Keri alone. Like PR training did. (-___-)

Jay-Z really showed some heart with this. It’s awesome to see a proud father show love this way. IT’s sooo sweet, y’all!

Anywho, did you listen to “Glory?” Whatcha think? Are your eye allergies acting up? Tell a G.

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Famous folks, Music

1. Kim says:

Luvvie, I have always been a Jigga fan, but this right chere! Lawd, made me an even bigger fan. As a self-proclaimed daddy’s girl (at 42—my dad is the greatest man ever!), I love to hear men (especially brothas) talk about loving their children. And I love how he talks about not wanting to fail his daughter the way his dad failed him. That little girl is gonna be so loved and protected.

All the shade thrown at Beyonce during this pregnancy aside, I am so happy for the two of them. Ain’t nothing like black love baby. It gives this ol bitter divorcee hope.

2. Kim says:

PS. That Tasia gif gives me life.

3. MissHood says:

LOVE THIS blog and LURV THE SONG even more !!! Can’t stop playing it. Makes me mist up and stuff. However, I’ve always been a Jay fan, and he put his heart into everything he does, and this is no different but you can really FEEL his heart, his emotions in this song. Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Carter.

PS. You not finna worry me with that tasia gif — lmao

4. sincerelyalana says:

That song put me in my damn feelings. I’ve always loved Jay-Z, but I mean, I love him even more right now. I just…I need to take a moment.

5. Toni says:

That was a lovely song… But I did notice he mentioned that the baby looked like him…O_o

6. Shantel says:

After hearing this, I feel like I should give them a baby shower or something. I take back everything I said about yall Jay and Bey.

7. Capricorn says:

I waited to hear this song. As a parent, this song just hit me in the part of me that is labeled “Mommy”. WOW.

Just wow.

You hear how his voice changes?! And the baby crying at the end??

*Slain*

And Luvvie, that gif is exactly what my Thug did.

Just . . wow.

8. bklynbajan says:

I think my inner thug just ran off to join yours on the rails. Need to find some gansta rap to pump…

The visual of Suge knitting has me in tears for sure

This is this generations version of Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t she lovely” … Jay is a freaking genius!

9. yonna says:

so…imma need not never ever listen to that again. A song like that has my ovaries jumping, and everybody knows that my ovaries shut up shop long ago, and is now producing salt. Also, I love the Aaliyah reference (plane handling your carry on baggage). Very sweet.

Now…where’s my THUGGED OWT Pandora station…

10. JR says:

This song is so emotional. I can’t feel anything but joy for how Jay and Bey is feeling right now. So happy for them.

11. Kevin says:

Jay Z just murked my soul! That baby murked my soul even more. This baby already a star!

12. yonna says:

…not only that, but he’s already making sure that lil’ one gets a check…once it hits iTunes, she’s paid. Way to Will Smith that baby, and make sure she can help pay them hospital bills, y’all!

13. Heav says:

I adore this song, nothing like being able to express your emotions to your child! The part about the miscarriage shows how hard it is for celebs to have their own problems without the rest of the world knowing. Erybody thug is on the train after hearing this song!

14. Rita says:

My ovaries started itching listening to this track, between his voice changing and the baby crying on the end, I just can’t take it.

15. mochazina says:

I ain’t a Beyonce fan, but the song has me hoping she’ll open up about the miscarriage. ya know use her starpower for good…

in related news, how bout that shade thrown at his other kid(s)? any of them get a song? lol iKeed, iKeed. sorta.

16. chanel says:

This song had me curled up in the fetal position after the 4th second. Touching.

But that .gif up there, a.k.a the Exorcism of Fantasia Rose….im not gon be able to do it. Ugly criers have a soft spot in my heart cuz all they want is some sensitivity shown but cant help that they look like Shredder when they cry.

17. Ryan says:

I think I cry harder every time I hear this song!! My thug has packed up and gone on vacation!! I need a hug now y’all…

18. udee says:

Miscarriage?????

Aw! Jay is such a happy father, it’s so clear. And out of sheer curiosity (not that I feel the audience is entitled to it) but are there pictures of lil Blue anywhere?

19. keisha brown says:

i. cannot.
    willnot.
    cant stop.
    wont stop.

as a daddy’s girl, without a daddy… i wont even say where the faux-goon in me went.

20. Tonia says:

I have kept up with their pregnancy less than the average person. I am happy for their newest addition. But when i heard this song it really touched me. You could tell was heartfelt and very real. All the best to them!

21. Dee Renee says:

The. gif with Fantasia doing the silent cry says it all. I stopped before I even heard the baby crying. *my ol’ soft self* Very touching.

22. TeeNikki says:

Jay Z is a bad bama. B. A. D. You know he wrote this on the way down to the cafeteria to get a sammich, then laid the beat on his iPod Touch and let it rip when he got back to the room, finishing up as The B.I.C. woke up to put her finishing touches on it. Slayin bamas all up in the thoat Jay could write a numba one hit while in surgery. That song was raw, real, and a blessing.

Except for the part when he talmbout she look like him. I know the Lawdt didn’t set that gal up like that……

23. Zandria says:

Here lies Zan’s thug:

0-+-< 1981-2012

That was sweet. :)

24. Talie C says:

This song had the thug in me doing the ugly cry too, Luvvie.

25. Ashley says:

I don’t consider myself a Jay-Z fan but he got me with this one

No matter who it is I’m always happy when a couple (married or not) has a child (esp. if it was what they BOTH wanted)b/c I love children

and about her miscarriage, I can’t imagine how she felt going through that. and yes, it really does prove that celebrities have problems just like the rest of us

and I’m a bit slow but I JUST (read: the comments prior to mine hipped me to this) figured out that B.I.C meant Blue Ivy Carter

by the way, I’on have no thug in me but this song is very sweet and I’m sure she’ll greatly appreciate it

26. Caress Lepore says:

After hearing this song my thug and my goon joined hands and left my apartment never to return again. Damn I had just found my thug and goon after I lost it when Zoey was born. *puts up missing ads*

27. Stace says:

The BIC – Copyright that,its catchy!

28. Scorpiana says:

… waaaayminnet … let me listen again before I say … my once existent thug has gone on to thine Glory …