Whose is this?

Whose Cousin Did This to Trayvon’s Pic?

The tragedy of Trayvon Martin’s murder has captured our attention, and called us to action. He was certainly taken too soon, and under the most unnecessary circumstances, by a lunatic. And the hoodie has become the symbol for the injustice that happened.

Anyway, I was minding my own business when I was sent the picture below by @imfabu_LOS. I rue the day they gave y’all Photoshop. For real.

Trayvon's new hoodie

Trayvon's new hoodie. Oh.

*deepest sigh ever* Trayvon’s. New. Hoodie. As who I assume to be Jesus gingerly places a white hooded coat on a badly Photoshopped half Trayvon, half some random angel’s body. This is doing a lot with the absolute least. The hoodie symbolism might be officially stretched to its limits with this piece of “art.”

LAWD y’all love you some symbolic artistic renderings, don’tchu? I mean, I get the heart of this but still… *face palm* Just come collect your kinfolk from the paint. I bet you they thought this was deeper than the Pacific too. NAWL.

I don’t e’em have much to say but just SMH. What do y’all think of this? Think Tyrese did it? LOL iKeed. But really. Whose cousin got their hands on Photoshop and came up with this?

Regina King as Huey and Riley

"Hoodies and Heels" Party for Trayvon Martin??? I Hate People.

1. Jaeda Laurez (@DarthJaeda)
    March 23, 2012 at 9:58 am — Reply

I’d blame Tyrese, but “tug lafe” is not scrawled across his tee, so…

I’ma need your people to do better than “fancy” church newsletter. Tell Miz Annie to stop playing around in the office and answer the phones.

2. Regina
    March 23, 2012 at 10:34 am — Reply

I thought Tyrese was responsible as well!! smh….

3. March 23, 2012 at 10:51 am — Reply

this is why i hate people. smh.

4. March 23, 2012 at 11:45 am — Reply

Man look…It looks like my 9yr old took his picture, cut the head off and just GLUED it onto another photo…Get your photoshop skills up!!! Damn! If you are going to do this foolishness at least do it right!

5. Starita34
    March 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm — Reply

I received this in a text first thing this morning…I just smh and kept it moving. Bless their hearts, I know they meant well.

6. naturalista88
    March 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm — Reply

Not much to say since you took the words out my mouth, just a lot of side eyeing & head shaking.

7. Trina
    March 23, 2012 at 12:43 pm — Reply

you need to take that *face palm* and apply it to the “artist’s” Forehead.

8. Moira O'Connell
    March 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm — Reply

You are hilarious.

9. MzWoods
    March 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm — Reply

I swearrrrr i said the same thing when i saw this splashed all over FB this morning… like seriously?

10. March 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm — Reply

That is some bs somebody needs to have a few of these __/

11. Morgan
    March 26, 2012 at 7:29 am — Reply

“He was certainly taken too soon, and under the most unnecessary circumstances, by a lunatic.”

Wow. The facts aren’t even entirely out and you’ve already assumed guilt. Whether the man is guilty or not, as usual, America jumps the conclusion that it is based on skin tone.

Quit making assumptions. Open your mind. Let your skin based hate GO. It means nothing to God, it should mean nothing to all of us.

This is why this country is failing. Ignorance.

Starting to smell like the Duke lacrosse rape allegation all over again, and those boys never received an apology after the ignorant masses assumed their guilt. Makes me sick.

• March 26, 2012 at 9:16 am — Reply

Gonna leave you to your opinion, because you are fully entitled to that. But please don’t take the ONE sentence from this entire COMEDIC post that states the opinion of the author and be a downer. This post is about the FUNNY PICTURE. Please go elsewhere with all the other mess.

• IfYouEverComeBack
      March 27, 2012 at 1:51 am — Reply

Um sir where in her post did she ever say anything about the crime being racially based? If you are going to pick out a line from a post, at least stay on point.

12. jae
    March 26, 2012 at 2:51 pm — Reply

this boy lost his life and his family has too live each day knowing the person who killed him is still free and yal on here laughing at a freaking smh ridiculous find something else to do like grow up

• MicNic
      March 26, 2012 at 5:13 pm — Reply

Miss Jae, I’m going to need you to SADDOWN! We all know the horrible circumstances of the case, but THAT WAS NOT THE POINT OF THIS POST. As always Miss Luvvie is trying to bring some laughter to an otherwise bleak situation. No one, I repeat NO ONE, is making light of what happened. If you’ve noticed, ALL the comments (with the exception of the opening lines) were specifically directed towards the piece of art itself.

Listen, we are all grieving. Some people cope with grief in different ways. Who are you to say that they are wrong for doing so?!

• Jay
        July 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm — Reply

I agree, how can you make lite of the fact that parents has lot their child? What is wrong with people these days? I want to leave this on people minds. What if that was your child?????? I think the picture was nice! It may not be professional.

13. LadyIme
    March 28, 2012 at 6:01 pm — Reply

What matters is not the quality of the picture. What matters is the thought the person was trying to give off. Ever heard its not the quality or the product but rather the thought that counts?? This is the case. No the quality is not good and the picture looks bad but i look pass that. What i see is it as GOD is holding on to Trayvon now and he is clothing him — His way of protecting him. Its symbolizes something wonderful.

14. TuffsNotEnuff
    March 29, 2012 at 7:30 am — Reply

For people who believe in a Heaven and in Jesus as a deity, this is a great compliment. He will be with God in Heaven forever. — What’s not to like?

15. Al Sharpton
    July 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Da blacks need to rise up. We have been pushed down like monkeys too long. Just because we live with the stigma of oppression does not mean we should be oppressed. So what if Trayvon was a gay basher and beat up Zimmerman because he thought he was gay. Zimmerman got out the truck.