Life’s Wops of Glory Announcements
Honestly, 2012 has been an EPIC year for me and it isn’t even half over. God has been doing the wop of glory in my life this year and I’m ever so thankful for His blessings. Every opportunity I’ve received has felt like a holy shove in the right direction and I am beyond ecstatic at it all.
With that being said, I wanted to share with you folksies some cool things that have happened or are happening to me lately.
* Black Enterprise chose me as one of 20 dope bloggers of 2012, and they did a cool feature story on me on their site last month. My feature was written by the amazing Tracy Gallaud, who captured me so well. She gets me! Awesomely Luvvie, Laughing & Blogging out Loud.
* Last weekend, I spoke at Blogging While Brown as part of the opening keynote with my friends and techies Adria Richards and Scott Hanselman. Our keynote was called “Personal Branding. It IS all about you.” I also presented the SEO 101 clinic, demystifying search engine optimization, and letting folks know how to make their sites rank higher in google for their keywords. It got such GREAT feedback from people at the conference too so that made me happy.
Our panel is called “Strategic Content Development Across Multiple Media: Onstage, Onscreen, and Online.” We’ll be talmbout how to take the funny and adapt it across all forms of media. If you’re going to BlogHer’s Conference, you won’t wanna miss this. It’s on August 3, from 1:15-2:30pm.
* I’m the newest social media trainer at StoryStudio Chicago, and my first class there will be a Twitter 201 session on June 25, and my 2nd class will be Blogging 101 on July 30. Teaching folks how to use social media to further their goals is really one of the things I want to be doing more so I’m so happy for this. It’s honestly one of my passions and I plan on doing more trainings, both in person and online (webinars) more.
You can join my mailing list HERE to get info on my social media trainings!
* RollingOut Magazine did a feature on me and my work with my nonprofit: “The Red Pump Project’s Luvvie Ajayi Fighting to Prevent HIV/AIDS Infections.”
* Twitter finally let me have @Luvvie as my screename! I feel officially official. It’s been 3.5 years coming! Next, I need to get important enough for a verified check. This might take another 3.5 years but WOOPPP!!!
* And in addition to my “Keeping it Reality” column on EBONY.com, I just started a new one called “This Week in Ratchet” that launched last week! Super excited for that. I’ll be doing a weekly roundup of foolishment in pop culture, so getchu a piece of that every Friday on EBONY.com!
Besides these, there are other things in the works but y’all know real Gs move in silence like gnats so I’ll be mum on them until they’re ready to be announced.
Realizing you’re one knock away from your dream door being opened is amazing. I hope everyone feels closer to their dreams everyday.
And thanking God for all the blessings.