I attended my 3rd BlogHer conference a week and a half ago, and it was my 2nd BlogHer where I was a speaker. I was only able to go for 2 days, instead of 3 but I had a GRAND time while there. Lemme tells ya. That conference is truly epic. The people there are out of this world awesome and you’re guaranteed to take away more than just business cards from it.
My favorite moments?
* Watching President Obama address BlogHer – Ummm what other blogging conference has the President of the Free World as the opening keynote? NONE OTHER. ‘Rack skyped into the conference to give a shourrout to the ladies who blog, and he talked about appreciating the voice of women. Yes, it’s election year but I give no dambs. I WAS HERE FOR BARACK!!!
* Martha Stewart’s Lunch Keynote – Then the day after, we were all treated to a Q&A session between Martha Stewart and BlogHer co-founder Elisa Camahort Page. Martha came on stage rocking orange pants and orange wedges and slayed!!! I got my LIFE as she dropped dimes on how she built her empire. I had no clue she was so technologically savvy. It turns out that she got her first computer in 1982, an IBM. But I’m not surprised. She’s the Queen of Everything so it fits.
* My panel with Issa Rae, Dr. Goddess and Chescaleigh – I had SOOO much fun sharing a stage with these 3 dope ladies. Although we had talked on the phone and tweeted, I’d never met 2 of my fellow panelists, Issa Rae and Chescaleigh. And it was joy at first hug. They’re so awesome in person, just like you’d imagine. Also, Issa Rae and I had on orange pants. WHEEEE!
First of all, our panel was PACKED to where it was standing room only. It was called “Strategic Content Development Across Multiple Media: Onstage, Onscreen, and Online” and it went by sooo fast. Those 75 minutes sped by because we were having a good ol’ time. Afterwards, we got so much great feedback and props from folks. I couldn’t be anymore pleased.
And we took pics. Many pics. Including this one with our Hollywood laugh (Chescaleigh’s idea).
* Meeting Kate Gosselin – Chesca, Tina, Nicole Blades and I were hanging in the BlogHer expo hall when we saw someone in a red dress and long blond hair. I think it was Tina who went “Wait. I think that’s Kate Gosselin. We all turned around to look at her closer and Tina threw subtlety to the wind and went up to talk to her. IT WAS. And she looked SO different. She wasn’t the Kate Plus 8 everyone was used to. She was a diva in red. WELL NOW.
We went to talk to her and she was cool. Even though when she asked us what we blog about and we all told her, she went “Good girls.” O________O Ma’am, I’m a grown ass woman. But aight. I’ma let you cook.
* Shit One White Girl Said to Us – I wrote a post last week that has been amplified about Chescaleigh, Tina, Nicole and I’s experience with the white woman who let us know how much she loved Black women because we’re “spicy.” That was an… amusing moment. Not necessarily favorite but it was certainly… interesting. Read here.
I missed the last day of the conference but the part I was present for was awesome. I’ll be adding a album of pics to my Facebook fan page today so check there for more!
BlogHer 2013 is in my hood! It was announced at the end of the conference that next year’ conference is in Chicago! So yes, I will be in the building. SO excited! Welcome to the Windy City again, BlogHer! We’ll get the Magnificent Mile ready for you.
Anyone thinking of going to BlogHer next year? Will I see you in Chicago from July 25-27?
Category: My Life
Sites That Link to this Post
- 4 Reasons Why BlogHer 2013 Rocked | Awesomely Luvvie | August 5, 2013
- WHY I FELT LOST AT BLOGHER12 AND HOW YOU CAN AVOID THE SAME FATE… | Sherry Blossom Beauty | January 16, 2014