I’ve been blogging for a long time and I’ve written over 700 posts and have about 170 sitting in my drafts folder. That’s a lot of typing and letters. If something was to happen and my site crashed and I lost all of these, I would basically quit writing. I’d just take up the craft of rocking back and forth on my living room floor in a catatonic space for the rest of my life. Or I’ll learn to farm or something.
Well, first I’d jump off the closest first floor balcony unto soft grass and roll around for hours lamenting my life. And then I’ll take up the rocking. It’d be ugly. In fact, this would be me:
Anywho, I’m not trying to have that be my life story. How I guarantee that it won’t happen is by making sure I backup my blog. And if you blog, you need to do the same. Just like it’s important to back up your computer’s contents, you should have your online writing safeguarded. Because stuff happens.
But you should back up your blog at least once a week. Daily is recommended (if you update it daily) so you can always have the latest, greatest copy of your site.
So, I wanted to take you through how you back up your website/blog, no matter if you’re on WordPress or Blogspot (aka Blogger).
Before you start the back up process, get organized and create a folder on your computer that’s the name of your site. Then in that folder, create another folder and name it the date of the back up. You want to do this so over time, if you ever need a specific day’s files, you just go to the corresponding folder. Just a tip.
Check out a couple of my other “Blogging” posts that may be of help to you:
Category: Social Media
Sites That Link to this Post
- September's Best WordPress, Magento, and ExpressionEngine Content | @nexcess | October 12, 2012
- Late week musings….. | January 11, 2013
- How Pinterest Brought Me Over 100,000 Pageviews in the Last 3 Months | Awesomely Luvvie | May 13, 2013
- 5 Plugins Every Wordpress Blog Should Have | Awesomely Luvvie | May 28, 2013
- 10 MORE Tips for Bloggers...One Year Later — the thinking closet | November 6, 2013
- Late week musings..... - The Enchanted Home | March 3, 2014