I have been anticipating the return of Scandal, starring Kerry Washington, since Season 1 ended in May. Those episodes were everything and after every one of them, I’d be jumping around in my living room wondering what was next. In fact, it takes me a good 30 minutes after every Scandal episode ends for me to calm down. I just be hyped, sweating like Fantasia onstage after she takes her shoes off.
So I was MORE than ready for Season 2! I was parched and dehydrated for it, even.
If you haven’t watched the premiere episode, you might want to skip this post until you do because I’ll be talmbout plot points so it’ll be full of spoilers. I repeat. THIS POST IS ONE MASSIVE SPOILER. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
* President Ghost Ain’t Here for First Lady. – I forgot the First Lady was #pregnet! The first scene with her and President Ghost (yes, I call him that. Think about it and figure out why) basically set the tone for the whole episode. They START in the middle of a conversation, and we just had to figure out what was going on.
But one thing was apparent. Prez was NOT there for First Lady. She was tryna have him pick out colors for something baby-related, and he wasn’t e’em giving a damb. And then she gon tell him “This baby was conceived in service to our country.” Miss Ma’am… WUT??? O_O
* Who is Quinn Perkins? – All summer, this was the question everyone was asking. Well they jump right in. Quinn is now on trial for murder and her real name is Lindsey Dwyer. Olivia Pope’s firm is representing her and half of them don’t believe her innocence but all of them are still doing the work because of their trust of Miss Pope. Shonda an’ ‘em went RIGHT TO THE PAINT!
And when Quinn tried to fire Olivia, she couldn’t. Because Olivia Pope is a GRAND GOON like that!
* Color Me Lost. – The episode starts to confuse me for a little bit at this point. The dialogue got so fast that I had to squint to listen (yes this makes sense). It was like the writers pressed “fast forward” and I started getting lost and not catching details. Shonda Rhimes is known for snappy dialogue but even this was fast for her writing style. I was sitting on my couch looking like Mitt Romney in a calculus class for a good 15 minutes.
But at the end of the first half, I had figured out the general stuff. The First Lady and President Ghost were at odds. Cyrus and Olivia had made up. Quinn/Lindsey was being accused of blowing up a whole building and Olivia was hellbent on making sure she’d be free. The firm’s newest client was a Congressman who was getting busy on his desk and got caught on camera.
This still made me feel lost though because in Scandal, characters drop lines that really come in handy later on when tryna figure out the mystery.
But the 2nd half of the show made things better.
* President Ghost Goes AWF! – The First Lady was trying to be manipulative and force the Prez’s hand during an interview they had revealing the gender of the First Baby. When they got back to the Oval Office, he snatched her wig with his words! He told her “YOU DID NOT GET ELECTED! YOU ARE ORNAMENTAL, NOT FUNCTIONAL!” Welpy McWelpington Jr.! He basically let her know she better be the best piece of decoration she could be and STFU.
Chile, you better believe I’ma start calling people “ornamental” all willy nilly now. Calling folks tinsel left and right and up and down. Yes indeed!
* I Hate You Too. – We know the reason President Ghost is cranky is because he misses Olivia. He places a call to her, speaking political sweet nothings in her smart ear. And they hang up with “I hate you so much.” “I hate you too.” Ma’am and sir!!! They’re both as a sprung as a sealy posturepedic. It’d be absolutely adorable, if you don’t think about the fact that one of them is married to someone else. OWWWW!!! SCANDALLLLL!
* Secks Tape is Leaked. – Olivia, being the genius that she is, leaks the secks tape of the Congressman, so she can control the conversation. I thought the tape was gon end up on MediaTakeOut. Shoo… But yes. Pope don’t play!
SIDENOTE: I must pay #amish to an important character in Scandal: Olivia Pope’s wardrobe. Yes. That is DEFINITELY a character. Kerry Washington’s #alphets on the show be EVERY GAHTDAMB THING. Scandal’s wardrobe department be having Kerry looking FIERCE !!! Most of the time, she’s in Lisa Raye white, looking fresher than spring rain in the morning after your housekeeper came by.
But when they have Olivia in dark colors, I try to pay close attention. It’s usually when something ridiculous is about to happen or when they do flashbacks. Methinks Olivia in black is when she used to be involved in more sinister stuff and maybe she rocks white and tan now mostly because she’s brand new. IDK but I know one thing. I LIVE for her clothes. LIVE!!!
* Olivia Pope Doesn’t Lose. – The case of Quinn/Lindsey was looking really bad, and it seemed that she was about to lose and go to trial. WELLS, while in black, Olivia placed a call to somebody. The next day, the judge dismissed the case and everyone went WOWWWWWWWWW. Who did she place the call to? What diabolical thing did she have to do to make it happen? Why did she look like she was about to cry in the courtroom? I HAZ QUESTIONS!
And then they started showing Huck being sneaky and it started dawning on me. Olivia knew who Quinn was all along and she probably had something to do with it. I got proof.
AND I WAS RIGHT!!! Turns out that Olivia is the person who got Lindsey Dwyer all the documents to become Quinn Perkins. And no one but her, Huck and whoever BIG WIG they’re working with knew.
And the episode ends.
CHILE, WHAT IS GOING ON??? Whatever it is, I AM HERE FOR IT!
This was me at the end of this latest episode.
Seriously. Shonda Rhimes and the writing team of Scandal are some devious geniuses and I’m here for them ALLA TAHM! I bow to their pens!
This season of Scandal is off to an awesome start. I would like for them to slow the dialogue down a little bit though, so I don’t have to look like a lost puppy when I watch some of it. Either way, I’ma have to suffer through that because the story is just awesomesauce. CAN’T WAIT for episode 2.
Did y’all watch it? Whatcha think?
Sites That Link to this Post
- Joe Biden Shaded and Paul Ryan Drank Lotsa Water: VP Debate Recap | Awesomely Luvvie | October 12, 2012
- This Was Definitely Hunting Season: Scandal Episode 3 Recap … | Hunting | October 19, 2012