DMX’s Rudolph Rap Has Brought Me Christmas Cheer

[ 26 ] December 4, 2012 |

I haven’t been in the holiday spirit but I think that changed tonight.

When someone sent me a link saying it was DMX singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I asked them to take it back. I thought it’d be terrible and I wanted no parts of it. And then I decided to give peace a chance and listen to it. I made the right choice!

First of all, I LOVE the fact that they were gonna print out the lyrics for him and he was all “I KNOW THE LYRICS!” I don’t e’em know all the words to Rudolph and he does. DMX’s enthusiasm for this song is infectious.

When he starts sing rapping it, I was hollering. IMMEJATELY! “But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all…COME ON!” And he proceeds to beatbox his way back into my life and good graces. Especially when he ends with “You’ll go down in history (forever). You’ll go down in history… WHAT!?”

iLIVE. I. gahtdamb. LIVE. The joy I got from this video cannot be put into words. At first I side-eyed the concept until I pressed play and got my entire life!

Above all, DMX never lost his thuggery as he sang this song with glee.

Now I kinda want him to release a Christmas album with his version of our favorite carols. JUST LIKE THIS. Complete with beatboxing and giving bass on a table. I want it to be low-budget but full of heart and jow like this. DMX’s version of “This Christmas” would be awesomely ratchet. “Hang on the mistletoe, I am gon get to know you better…THIS CHRISTMAS WHAT!?”

Make it happen, Universe.

I love it. Real Gs sing Christmas carols with glee. Like DMX. He’s a real thug.

And if you wanna laugh ANEW, watch the claymation below by Andrew Spena with the voice of DMX instead of the original narrator. *DEAD*

As I cackle! Did you get your life from this like I did? I’ve been watching this repeatedly for the past 2 hours.

Tags: , ,

Category: Famous folks, Videos

1. Rissa says:

I watched this seven or eight times today and then even showed my mama who couldn’t help but laugh herself!
    I too lived off of this. I guess even thugs can’t contain the child inside during the holidays.

2. Michele says:

iLive! Thank you for the post! I saw the DMX video earlier today…but the claymation has made my holiday season!!!! Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy December! Merry Tuesday to All!!!

3. Scorpiona says:

I. am. in. real. tears. This is the most awesomely genuine and yes, hilarious, rendition of a childhood holiday favorite, I can’t help but want to hug DMX! Merry Christmas, everyone! “I KNOW the lyrics” wins the internet today.

4. Ayana says:

I didn’t want to like because it’s a thugged ouT rapper singin’ a christmas song but this gave me life like nothing else has in a VERY. LONG. TIME! Fav part ALL OF IT!!!

5. Keisha Brown says:

Claymation Rudolph is my fave Christmas movie/special of all time. I think last year I missed it and I was honestly unhappy and had the sads. (Yes I know I could buy it but why?)

This though? This????!???? Was. Every. Damn. Thing.
    I had actual tears to keep from waking up my newborn.

Best. Thing. Ever.

6. RozB says:

My dog is sitting here with his head tilted looking at DMX rap/sing this song! Then he looked at me using my inhaler because I swear I was having an asthma attack! But I appreciate him (forever)…

7. RozB says:

If this was on iTunes I would buy it.

Speaking of iTunes, Luvvie – your podcasts were my first time ever listening to those and Ratchet and the Geek is too funny! Great job! Can you get permission to put this DMX Rudolph rendition on a special R&G podcast?

8. StillSuga says:

DMX doing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was everything!!! EVERYTHING!! I went and downloaded an audio-to-MP3 app on my phone just so I could record this and send it to myself to listen to at work with the rest of my Christmas music. Come on! *DMX voice*

9. Dominique says:

I was nervous when I hit play too but after the first 5 seconds, I was like YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! LISTEN! If DMX did “This Christmas”??????? *faints* We need a petition to get him to do a whole album! I’ll buy it. I would even volunteer to do the album artwork! This video made my entire holiday season :D

10. bicthandinthatorder says:

OMG I loved this please make a christmas album. I almost choked on my peanut m&m’s.

11. Yadi says:

I have always rooted for this DMX. I keep hope alive that X “gonna give it to ‘em” again! Dude has been authentic from jump!

12. I fell out when he added the “WHAT!” at the end. Love this!

13. Man I so didn’t want to hit play. I tried harder than R. Kelly at a Quinceneara to refrain but DAWG! I had to give it a lil spin and man DMX had me bopping my head. That shit KNOCKED man. Nigga I died so bury me inside the Karl Kani sto. This dude did the nice lil intro shouting out all the other reindeers too.

14. LadyTee16 says:

That DMX mix of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer made me believe in the holidays one more ‘gin.

15. RP14_96 says:

Thank Yew…Thank Yew(in my Tennessee drawl) for posting this!!! I was scared to hit play…But I did and it was the best!!

16. Thatchic says:

I love DMX like a 1st cousin! I really really do.

17. Piper says:

T____T oh the tears are real… my sides hurt. Lawd iDied and then received abundant life.

That claymation version…I just….as Luvvie would say, “I am unable to can.”

18. rainebeaux says:

*AUTOTUNED HOWARD DEAN YELL*

YOOOOOOOOOOOO. we bit the fry, and the fry bit back. THE FRY KNEW THE LYRICS. Man, I am fresh outta can. DMX barked me off the ledge, bruh; I almost canceled christmas! And that claymation joint? *celie drop with a side of crashing cymbals*

19. AWESOME SAUCE!!! For real!