Famous folks

My Entire Opinion on Bey’s Inauguration Lip-sync Thing

Beyoncé lip-synched AND sang live at the Inauguration. This isn’t rare when folks have to sing in the cold outside. The bottom line is what we heard came out her mouth. Why are folks tripping? Get your lives. Can we stop talking about this now? Please? Thank you.

The end.

Kanye Drops Mic gif

P.S. I’m not a stan. Just someone who can admit Bey is talented.

P.P.S. Seriously. How long are we talmbout this?

Michelle Obama's Side-Eye to John Boehner is Everything

Overheard at the Airport: Hoodrat Chronicles

1. Les
    January 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm — Reply

Exactly. I think she’s normally good, but I didn’t like her performance.
    Other than that – who cares?

• Zahra
      January 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm — Reply

I agree, Bey is normally good, but Kelly(whom I tolerate) took the award on the best performance that day.

2. January 22, 2013 at 7:26 pm — Reply

Welp!

3. KemaB
    January 22, 2013 at 7:38 pm — Reply

As a Bey stan with Common Sense I know that’s an oxymoron don’t judge me. Just as definition unlike the crazies I will defend my fav from most things sans The Destiny Child Epic Failure and her acting cause lord knows she gots lots of work to do on that front but I digress.

I swear everything this child does is scrutinized. If anyone else does it they make excuses Bey does it and the illumanti has been sent forth to end lives -___-

They’re quick to say she ain’t ish and how tired they are of her yet talk about her so much she’s always in the news that even a mega fan like me is tired of hearing her name. Moral of the story let the child live. End Rant

• Jabari
      January 23, 2013 at 9:48 am — Reply

Preach Ms. Kema!!!!!!

• ShayShay
      January 24, 2013 at 11:28 am — Reply

YOU BETTER PREACH KEMA!!!!!

• KemaB
      January 24, 2013 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Lol thanks guys :)

4. January 22, 2013 at 7:39 pm — Reply

Shabba!

• Midouri J.
      January 25, 2013 at 1:18 am — Reply

Bwaahaaahaaa! I thought I was the only person who blurted that out at random. Thank you. That made my Scandal-less night.

5. JR
    January 22, 2013 at 8:01 pm — Reply

She did what many artists do, she sang over a prerecorded track with the majority of sound probably coming from the track. Artists do it all the time when they “lipsync”. The track is mostly heard but the artist still sings (if that’s what happened). Either way she looked and “sounded” great! Bring in the Superbowl!

As for the hoopla, offline folks don’t care, but the outrage seems to be multiplied online. Partly because of her stans who liken her to the second coming of Christ.

6. LaShawn
    January 22, 2013 at 8:13 pm — Reply

Umm I’m gonna need folk to realize that Whitney (God bless her soul) did the same thing.
    *drops mike to run and hide*

• Milaxx
      January 23, 2013 at 10:11 am — Reply

Exactly! Most artist do. When you don’t you run the risk of botching things like Xtina did at the superbowl.

7. January 22, 2013 at 10:24 pm — Reply

not a Bey stan but i do realize she is talented. her hits/albums are all over my itunes. she is a great entertainer but kelly clarkson who got monumental amounts of shade for even being there sang live. forget the cold excuse. also you sitting over there miming and pulled out your ear piece like you was really doing something. really? it was just over the top dramatics.
    luckily where i am people are not talking about it at all. but i cant imagine how much airtime this story is getting in the states.

• numbah5
      January 23, 2013 at 9:54 am — Reply

I think that is where the problem lies. Kelly Clarkson sang live. James Taylor sang live. Aretha (and her hat!) sang live last time. Queen Bey didn’t but was SO dramatic about her rendition that it reeked of fakeness. IMHO, its like she can NEVER have an off day, like she has to be perfect all the time and that ish is annoying…

• ANA
        January 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm — Reply

Did you read the GQ article? She’s a perfectionist to frightening degree. I agree, she doesn’t have to be perfect but it’s obvious she puts that kind of pressure on herself…it’s what makes her a great performer and kind of annoying.

• Uche
      January 23, 2013 at 1:17 pm — Reply

She pulled out the earpiece because she was probably getting bad sound feedback from it. Check out this NPR article.

Either way, life continues!

8. SweetLadyTee
    January 23, 2013 at 7:34 am — Reply

This is a complete NON-TROVERSY. That is all.

9. Jabari
    January 23, 2013 at 9:46 am — Reply

I am here for the Kanye drop the mic .gif! But people really are digging for flaws in the beautiful inauguration? Do you jerk-offs have nothing else better to do? Cause I’ve actually had to sing out in the cold and trust I was pulling the same thing Bey did.

10. Tashieka
    January 23, 2013 at 11:20 am — Reply

the fact that it made the 10 o clock news in DC was ridiculous.
    they called it “Star Spangled Scandal” (-______-)

11. Kandra
    January 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm — Reply

I don’t have a problem with taped version, but then again she lip-syncs to her award show performances too. I asked about it the other day because the band members, who should have been notified on the day that she went into the studios, had no clue until a moment before she grabbed the mic and “lip-synced for her life”…in my Rupaul voice.

She is a true talent and I can’t wait to see the Super Bowl Show, but ummm…it will be cold then too.

• Anyone
      January 23, 2013 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Actually the Superdome is a closed football stadium…

12. Dinasty
    January 23, 2013 at 3:01 pm — Reply

Let’s not try to pay it like it ain’t happen.
    If this had been ANYBODY ELSE, that person would be dragged from here to kingdom come, and back again. As an above post mentioned, Kelly Clarkson was ridiculed across all social networks for just showing up. Imagine how intensified that would’ve been has she lip-sync.

I think the magnifying glass on Bey this time because everybody made SUCH. A. BIG. DEAL. when she pulled that earpiece out. “Yes, Girl, you don’t need it!” When she wasn’t even singing live. The pre-recorded track must’ve been feeding back into her earpiece, which could’ve very well been throwing her off. I understand why she took it out.

But in the moment, it was the talk of the town. The inauguration was about President Obama and VP Joe Biden, but all anybody could talk about was Bey “slaying” and Kelly needing to have a seat. Seems to me like her ridiculous ass stans need to have a seat, as usual.

I can appreciate Beyonce the artist. But good lordt, her fans are the absolute worse, and they bring out the worse in everybody else.

• NtrlGAGirl
      January 23, 2013 at 9:51 pm — Reply

Full disclosure: I am NOT a Beyonce fan. I think she’s a very good PERFORMER, but as an actual (live, not studio) singer–not so much. She’s just a total marketable package and everything she does is made to be “SUCH. A. BIG. DEAL.”.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Hell, Kelly Clarkson & James Taylor weren’t cold too? Because it was Bey, then that’s supposed to be an acceptable excuse. Presidential inaugurations are ALWAYS in January. When it’s cold. Was that a surprise? This wasn’t a regular old concert, but a presidential inauguration. Come on. I ain’t neva heard of such…

And now, again, because it was Beyonce, this is getting waaaay more shine than it should…

• Ky
      January 25, 2013 at 12:51 am — Reply

Thank you!

She is a 16 grammy winner and in the biz professinally since 12. No excuse for this. Kelly is an American Idol contest winner and singing for 8 years.

What’s wrong with this picture. Others may do it but its her fans that try to hold her to a higher standard than everyone else but now it’s okay to compare her to everyone else.

Has everyone else won 16 grammys? Has everyone else been singing since 9 years old.

I was in DC and it was mid 40’s not 20 degrees as in last inauguration.

If she was so cold, she should have kept her coat on and had a scarf around her neck like Kelly Clarkson instead of going to the podium with a mortician black gown in the middle of the day.

• mrs. randomness
        January 25, 2013 at 10:18 am — Reply

Amen, amen… I like Bey and i’m no Stan or Fan. What ever happened to seeing someone perform LIVE. That’s the whole point of them being there. I can listen to a recording all day everyday. And tell me that the recorded song wasn’t mixed in the studio, so it’s her with help, a big difference. Yes, at this point no one cares because it was Beyonce. But I still care that in 2013 nothing is real any more.

13. ab
    January 24, 2013 at 5:00 am — Reply

the wall street journal released their live feed of the performance : http://youtu.be/2tCNth-N9Z0

Some people will search for scandal everywhere except their own lives where it truly resides

14. January 24, 2013 at 1:06 pm — Reply

LOL. You would enjoy what Anderson Cooper said on the Ridiculist about this:

15. SecretDivva
    January 24, 2013 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Welp, this is the lastest… This man gotta resign now..

#iCANNOT

see article here, Obama Needs to Resign – talmbout “it happened on his watch..” -_______-

• Leo the Yardie Chick
      January 25, 2013 at 2:44 pm — Reply

……they can’t be serious. I checked about 5 times to see if it was an Onion article, but no.

*head desk*

16. Midouri J.
    January 25, 2013 at 1:22 am — Reply

I can’t believe this was labeled a damn controversy. It was cold. Cold isn’t good for singers. Bouncy lip-synced to save her cords. So what?