My peoples! I’ve been a bit more MIA than usual here and that’s because I am in the middle of my version of March Madness. The next month is NUTS for me with everything I’m doing and speaking engagements and events so be cool if I don’t post as much. Lemme tell you what I’m up to.
This weekend is SXSW (South by Southwest) Interactive conference. I’ll be in Austin, TX from March 8-12. I’m speaking on 2 panels, hosting the Blacks in Tech Awards AND I’m having a Red Pump event. Here’s the list of my happenings
* Top 10 Black Innovators of 2012 Awards (March 8, 6-9pm) – Honoring good folks like Kathryn Finney, Melissa Harris-Perry and Cory Booker. I’ll be hosting this with Will Hatcher on March
* Make Your Brain Twerk: Using Creativity, Humor and Tech (March 9, 12:30-1:30pm) – This is a panel I’m on with Will Hatcher and Kevin Avery. We’ll be talmbout how to get infuse some funny into your voice and brand.
* #SCANDAL: How Television’s Hottest Show is Fueled by Social Media (March 10, 4:30-6pm) – It’s a panel I’m on with Dr. Goddess, Chescaleigh, Darren Moten and Allison Peters (Kerry Washington’s social media manager) and we’re talmbout how Twitter and Facebook have driven the success of our favorite show!
The two panels will be happening at the Blacks in Tech house, at the Hilton Garden Inn in Austin. And the awards will be at the Carver museum. Then…
* Rock the Red at SXSW with The Red Pump Project and Blacks in Technology! (March 10, 8-10pm) – This is a mixer and partnership between BiT and Red Pump. March 10 is National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD), which will culminate Red Pump’s 5th annual Rock the Red Pump® campaign! This event is a fundraiser for Red Pump (a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization) too so all proceeds are going to the organization. Ticket includes a gift bag, open bar (ALLA DRANKS) and hors d’oeuvres And entry into afterparty with DJ Jazzy Jeff and Anthony David. It’s $25 and worth it! So get your ticket HERE.
If you’re gonna be at SXSW and you don’t come, I’ma wish that your kitten heels lean to the left every time you put em on. Yup, it’s like that! (-__-)
WHEW! So that’s SXSW. Packed, right? Yes. But it’ll be fun! AUSTIN HOODRAT THINGS WITH FRIENDS!
P.S. Ladies (and gents if you wish), get your red shoes ready. No matter where you are, put on your favorite pair of red shoes (even if they aren’t pumps) on Sunday, March 10 and #RocktheRedPump! Oh and please support the campaign by joining our Thunderclap to help amplify the message!
Other Speaking Engagements and Trainings
* Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Africa (March 16) – I’m on this panel at MIT’s Sloan Business School Africa Innovate Conference, in Cambridge, Massachussetts. Excited for this.
Since it’ll be my first time in Boston, I’m thinking of having a meetup on Friday, March 15. If y’all are interested in attending, email me at luvvieblog at gmail dot com so that if I do have it, you’ll get word that it’s happening. We shall see.
* Blogging 101 Class (March 19, 6:30-9pm) – I’m back in Chicago’s StoryStudio, teaching my Blogging 101 crash course for a 3rd time. This is also the 3rd time that it’s sold out! So I’ll be doing more of these.
Red Pump Rocking in Chicago
* Rock the Red Fashion Show (March 23, 6-9m) – Red Pump’s March Madness ends with our signature event of the year, the Rock the RED Fashion Show, happening in Chicago on March 23, from 6-9pm at the Society Art Gallery. Food, fashion, fun and philanthropy! Don’t get no better! We ALWAYS have a blast at the show (like last year when Kim Coles hosted it).
So yeah. When I’m somewhere passed out March 31, you’ll know why. I’ma need to take 1 or 2 naps. This month is truly madness but I’m thankful for the opportunities.
Any of you gonna be at SXSW? Whatcha up to while you’re there? Tell a G.
Category: My Life