Two GIFs That Just Ruined My Childhood

[ 14 ] May 15, 2013 |

There’s a Tumblr called Ruined Childhood and it lives up to its name. It takes a look back at our favorite movies and TV shows from days past, showing us the trifling things that were stuck in there. Things our little innocent minds didn’t comprehend, but thought were funny for other cute reasons.

One of my favorite shows growing up was Tom & Jerry. LOVED that cartoon and the endless cat and mouse fighting. Tom’s whole point in life was to eat Jerry. Yes, it was violent and racist (remember the mammy with the slouchy socks?) but we watched it and it brought us good cheer. What can I say? We didn’t know better.

Anywho, the Ruined Childhood did exactly that when the following two gifs were posted on the site:

Jerry Ruined Jerry Ruined2

Jerry licked some white stuff off long brown thing with a hole in the middle. And then the brown thing exploded and white oozy stuff came out, covering Jerry up. He is drowning in SPLOOSH.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*cries tears for my lost youth*

*wall slides*

If you need me, I’ll be over here rocking BAGGINFOAF because I can’t unsee this. Those damb cartoonists had NO chill whatsoever. Why must they do this to me?!?

But LMAO though. This is a mess! And we never noticed. Til now.

The moral of this story is: childhood is a sham. Childhood is a bunch of adult inside jokes. I need to stay off Ruined Childhood.

So were you traumatized by this too or was it just me?

Tags: , , ,

Category: TV

1. Abi says:

I totally never saw IT until now. You can hold yourself responsible for ruining the icing effect for me. Matter of fact, just got an idea, from now on, imma be using the term “iced”. “Yo, dat chick got iced like a red velvet cup cake”. lol.

2. Lenore says:

I’m sorry but that caused my first official CACKLE! So wrong but hilarious! Don’t think of your childhood ruined the childhood REVEALED

3. OMG I cannot….I need that laugh and then I stopped and was soo perturbed my childhood is truly ruined!!!! ***sidenote*** I can’t wait for Scandal tomorrow and excited to read your recap…it brings me life!!! Preparing to wall slide tomorrow night and not be able to get back!!!

4. Deekie Mack says:

I was more traumatized when I watched “Tom & Jerry” with my baby sis (she’s 8 years younger), only to realize they overdubbed the mammy’s voice with a German ladies voice! How mammy gonna be German? #WhenPoliticallyCorrectGoesWrong

5. KalleyC says:

Wow. I’m ruined. I had no idea that was even in the show. You’re right. It’s all inside jokes.

6. Tennille says:

This was too funny!! its nasty & humorous, all rolled up into one nice GIF. LOL Cartoonist have been putting hidden messages in the cartoons forever. I remember growing up & the controversially of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. First, Jessica Rabbit didn’t have on underwear & Donald Duck called Daffy Duck a n!**er!

• CafeGirlsPress says:

iRebuke it! I won’t even even try to remember what Foghorn Leghorn had going on with the little chicken hawk.

Now there’s a Gateway to Nightmare Alley.

O___O

And just when my karma was getting straightened out too.

7. Drea says:

Lmaoooooo! First I watched with the ‘ewwww’ face then I hollered at your description. Dead, dead, dead!!

8. Rain says:

Oh Wow — yeah I cannot “unsee” that either. Another cartoon that had way too many adult references that went over our little heads. ** SIGH ** There are plenty more where that came from? Has anyone seen the Disney sexual references on Cracked.com?

9. Jabari says:

I just try to envision 1996 when I was young and naive and it wasn’t strange that parents willingly let their children be babysat by a purple, yellow and green dinosaur….Aaaaahhhhhhhhh #ignorantbliss

10. mePHIme says:

Moral: It’s best to remain young, dumb and full of [whatever is inside that pastry].

11. K to the... says: