Join Me for the #31WriteNow Blog Challenge

[ 145 ] July 31, 2013 |

Hey folks! So I just randomly decided that I was going to do another month long blogging challenge, and this time, I want to encourage you to join me. Starting tomorrow, August 1, I’m doing the #31WriteNow, which means I will post something to my blog every day in the month.

#31WriteNow Blogging Challenge

I did the #30WriteNow challenge in October 2012, and it was awesome. I didn’t think I could last all 30 days because I thought I’d run out of things to talk about. Not so. My blog traffic actually doubled in that month, and I was pushed to write nonstop. It also showed me that the more I write, the more folks read.

It sounds incredibly difficult, but trust that you can do it. You can find inspiration for posts everywhere. Loiter on Twitter, read books, have conversations with your friends, observe folks on the streets. There is never a shortage of things to talk about.

Fellow writers and bloggers. I’d love for you to join me in this so we can do it together. Because with more people involved, we have more folks to hold us accountable.

Here are the rules:

* Put up a new post on your blog at least once a day for the next 31 days

* The posts can be written in advance (it doesn’t count as cheating if you schedule some)

* Use the hashtag #31WriteNow when you tweet the link to your posts

That’s it, that’s all. You control the content, length and all that. The point is that everyday in August, something new is on your eCrib for your readers to enjoy.

So, who’s down to join this #31WriteNow CHALLONJ? Lemme know!

Do It gif

If you’re in, tweet about it! Click this button:

P.S. If you’re joining, feel free to add that image above to Pinterest and Instagram. It’s a perfect square!

Tags: , , ,

Category: My Life

Sites That Link to this Post

1. #31WriteNow Challenge | Things Chrissy Thinks She Thinks | July 31, 2013
  2. do it | let unfold | July 31, 2013
  3. #31WriteNow Blog Challenge | Chasity Cooper | August 1, 2013
  4. #31WriteNow: August Blog Challenge | ToBNatural | August 1, 2013
  5. How long has it been… | August 1, 2013
  6. he wants me to procreate | mama's got moxie | August 1, 2013
  7. #31WriteNow Blog Challenge | MoniqueDeeHall | August 1, 2013
  8. 31 Day Blog Challenge | | August 1, 2013
  9. #31WriteNow Challenge | Sex and the City Psychology | August 1, 2013
  10. Luvvie Said We Were Writing, So Dammit I Write!! | Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel | August 1, 2013
  11. if music be the food of love… | Kitten Heel Marvel | August 1, 2013
  12. The #31WriteNow Blog Challenge | An Expert in Failure | August 1, 2013
  13. When Passion Becomes Work | August 1, 2013
  14. Momo's Moment | August 1, 2013
  15. poolside with Lisa and Jasmine | This Is Jasmine | August 1, 2013
  16. Sex, Drugs, Heartbreaks, Violence, Love – I wrote about it. | Life & Times of StacyAustralia | August 1, 2013
  17. Sports Bloggers: How About #31WriteNow? One Post Per Day In August. Join Me! - Player Perspective by J Danielle » Player Perspective by J Danielle | August 1, 2013
  18. CakeandEggs.com | August 1, 2013
  19. #31WriteNow Blog Challenge…and Others | Sincerely, Taj | August 1, 2013
  20. Massive Thank You’s All Around | Jamie Wesley: Written in the Stars | August 1, 2013
  21. #31WRITENOW Blog Challenge | Natural Twist | August 1, 2013
  22. It's Nas | August 1, 2013
  23. And We're Off - #31WriteNow | Free To Be Bri | August 1, 2013
  24. H&M Launches Online Shopping in the U.S.!! | ToBNatural | August 1, 2013
  25. With Intention | TMI - Thoughts, Musings, and Inspiration | August 1, 2013
  26. Dr. Innanet will see you now | Pharma-Doc-Friend (PDF) | August 2, 2013
  27. Dr. Innanet will see you now | Pharma-Doc-Friend (PDF) | August 2, 2013
  28. I Enjoy A Good Challenge…Here’s My Latest #31WriteNow | cuteintheface | August 2, 2013
  29. #31WriteNow: Blog Challenge | NaturallyMe35 | August 2, 2013
  30. #31WriteNow blog challenge - I'm in! | August 2, 2013
  31. The #31WriteNow Blog Challenge | last 31 at 31 | August 2, 2013
  32. 31 Write Now Blog Challenge | Confessions of a loveHATER | August 2, 2013
  33. 31 Write Now Blogging Challenge | Emmanism | August 2, 2013
  34. Gee, has it really been that long? | I Can See Why She's Single. | August 2, 2013
  35. The #31WriteNow Blog Challenge « L. V. Lewis | August 2, 2013
  36. #31WriteNow Challenge: Day 1 | This and That With Calandra | August 2, 2013
  37. TLC Movie Casting Made the Right Choices [Trailer] - GangStarr Girl - By Starrene Rhett Rocque | August 3, 2013
  38. Blame it on… « I Am A New Lis | August 3, 2013
  39. 31 days of blogging....... - My Life | August 3, 2013
  40. When Too Many Ideas Makes It Hard: Day 3 of #31WriteNow | Awesomely Luvvie | August 3, 2013
  41. surrounded by scripture (or… 9 good places to post memory verses) | Wholly Single | August 4, 2013
  42. Weekly Financial Goals – August 5th – August 10th, 2013 (Day 5 of #31WriteNow) | Young, Gifted, Black & Broke | August 5, 2013
  43. on failing challenges and passion | mama's got moxie | August 5, 2013
  44. 29 Blog Prompts for Inspiration - .......From Rae With Love | August 5, 2013
  45. 3 times is a charm: My week in photos | Nikki and the CityNikki and the City | August 5, 2013
  46. SSBs: Awkward…and I like it #31WriteNow | Sex and the City Psychology | August 6, 2013
  47. Failed Already… #31WriteNow – 31 Posts in August 2013 | LittleTechGirl.com | August 6, 2013
  48. 10 Day Writing Blogger Challenge: Day 10 | Write on the World | August 7, 2013
  49. We are not the Stories We Tell (#31writenow #nablopomo) | Men [Myself] & God | August 7, 2013
  50. How to Get Ideas for Blog Posts - BrightGirl Media | August 9, 2013
  51. I need a break. | claire.she.goes | August 9, 2013
  52. #31WriteNow Challenge: 20 Random Things About Me | Renewed Fitness | August 10, 2013
  53. 31 Write Now: Face Your Fears | claire.she.goes | August 11, 2013
  54. Why are you dating? | Wholly Single | August 12, 2013
  55. Oh Come On! (Part 1): Accidents & Restorative Justice | loveartjustice | August 12, 2013
  56. Dear Everyone, Block block block block… | Wendi B Writes | August 21, 2013
  57. The Incredible Shrinking Fro! | ToBNatural | August 21, 2013
  58. How to Be Natural (Part 2 of 3): Navigating the Politics of Curly & Straight Hair | loveartjustice | August 22, 2013
  59. Learning to Swallow Fire (#31rightnow, #nablopomo) | Men [Myself] & God | August 22, 2013
  60. Strategic Marketing ← eMarketing Blog | August 22, 2013
  61. Wrapping Up #31writenow with a Bow | Reckless Acts of Punctuation | August 31, 2013
  62. Cheers: Its Over!! | CakeandEggs.com | August 31, 2013
  63. #31WriteNow: The ecology of PIMPI | PIMPI KNOWS | September 1, 2013
  64. par-TAY | let unfold | September 1, 2013
  65. 3 Lessons To Learn From My #31WriteNow Challenge Fail | Awesomely Luvvie | September 3, 2013
  66. Pruning (and no – not a juice) « I Am A New Lis | September 3, 2013
  67. Be My Guest Blogger - BrightGirl Media | September 3, 2013
  68. 31. August in Hindsight | Fitness, Finance, and Fun | September 15, 2013
  69. January 2014 Blog Challenge - Are You With Me? - Shida In The City | December 18, 2013
  70. Poised In Print™ » The Intersection of Sarcasm and Charm » R Report; My Week in Review | February 19, 2014
  71. My Life On the Bathroom Wall | ClearlyCrystal.net | February 21, 2014
  72. Bright Girl Media | Be My Guest Blogger | March 14, 2014
  73. Social Media Survey Status | She Has The Eye | March 22, 2014
  74. Social Media and the Survey | The She Has The Eye Weekly | April 12, 2014
  1. Shay Renae says:

I’m down! I even have your blog linked to mine because I think you are EVERYTHING and I STAN for you Luvvie!

2. I’m down. Before you posted about it on Facebook, I already had the first 10 days planned. :-)

3. Samantha says:

Lets Get It!! #31WriteNow

4. I’m in – I had been considering it anyway because I have some stuff on my mind! Great timing! Let me jot down folks pages so I can read em!

5. KatchKenda says:

I am all in, Luvvie!!!

6. LadyLarke says:

This sounds challenging and fun at the same time. Count me in!

7. I’ve neglected my blog as of late and this sounds perfect to jumpstart it.

8. LaRhonda says:

Great idea! I’m in. I’m going to do it. I can’t believe I just typed that! I’m nervous. I don’t know why. I just am. Excited though!

9. Rhonda says:

I’m down! I have been looking for ways to get back blogging. This is just what I needed.

10. Maya says:

I’m down!

11. Corsette says:

I’m in. I need this kick.

12. Ebony Read says:

This sounds fun!! I’m going to make a strong effort to complete this challenge!!

13. Veronica says:

Ms. Williams is down for it! Peridot Dynasty is gonna be hella active in August, lol.

14. janelfelice says:

Ima try it! I started a tumblr about two year’s ago and I have yet to write anything! Thanks for the inspiration!

15. Susi says:

I so want to do this to get a kick start….but what will I write about? How do I join???? I think I’m in….heck I’m in.

16. Toia B. says:

I’m down!! My goal has been to get at least 3 posts up per week but this will definitely keep me on my toes. Thanks so much for the inspiration! p.s. enjoyed you and Scott at BWB2013!

17. Hmmm? This is just what I need to break out of this blogging complacency I have been in.

18. Shanti says:

I’m down for the challenge.

19. Calandra says:

I’m all in!! I just finished the July AudioMo challenge and posted an audio podcast every day, so I’m ready for this!!

20. Whitney says:

I’m in, I had a rough July and I can bring in the month with a lot I have going on.

21. Donna says:

I’m down w/it! Yikes…I CAN do this! (did it before a year ago – it was hard but actually fun)! This will help me Luvvie, thx!

22. Britane says:

I’m defintely in. I haven’t blogged in two weeks but I got a couple of posts I want to write.

23. TajMajal says:

I’m not good at turning down challenges, especially enriching ones. I’m in!

24. Sheena says:

I’m in…I just created a new blog. This will definitely help me get started!

25. Yeah, so…I don’t know about this but I’ll try.

26. Tiheasha says:

Sign me up lovely lady!!!

27. Erin says:

This sounds tough…but I think I’m gonna do it!

28. PrissyJP says:

In there like swim wear…definitely what I need. & I have so much to say. Thanks for the jump start Luvvie!

29. Didi says:

I was just thinking that I need to write more. Great opportunity to do it!

30. This sounds awesome and if it doubled YOUR traffic, then I can only imagine what it could potentally do to mine! Thank you for providing so much comedy AND still loving on your fellow bloggers!! See you in ATL for Blogalicious!!

31. Kwan says:

This sounds like fun, I’m in!

32. keisha brown says:

im in too. i too am scared and excited. LOL.

33. Eesh says:

This is just what I need to establish some consistency! Great idea. I’m in!

34. Diva says:

Let’s get it!

35. Vee says:

Whew…I think I can ;) this should be interesting.

36. Lis says:

I’m down. Leggo!

37. Tasha says:

‘Bitinh nails!’ Aaah! Let’s do it!

38. Monique says:

I’m in, too! #31WriteNow

39. I’m in! I recently started my blog and honestly don’t know what to think so far. I am definitely up for the challenge to come up to find new things to write about and hopefully find my niche. Thank you for this!

40. JP Fairfield says:

I have a question about the rules.. does it need to be 31 days on one blog? I have a personal & group blog I managed… Can I write once a day for either one & have it count? I’ve been neglecting both soooo…

41. I’m in! I just created my entry post =)
    Thank you for this!

42. I may be doing too much (but what the hell) but I think I will do this for both of my blogs!! This is really the kick in the pants I need to get back into it!

43. Pasha says:

This is a great challenge. I could certainly do with the motivation. I’m in.

44. I’m encouraging the sports blogging community to join in on this and I linked to your post for some encouragement. Usually my lazy butt avoids challenges but I kinda think these are fun. Thanks for inspiring my post and participation. http://playerperspective.com/column/sports-bloggers-how-about-31writenow-one-post-per-day-in-august-join-me/

45. Anisa_Blue says:

I’ve been preparing for a time as such (procrastinating is more like it) so i’m all about letting my yes be my yes & my no be my no. So here I am my adrenaline pumping my nerves shaking… Thanks Luvvie for pushing me…

46. Ijumaa says:

I’m in. Set up my blog ages ago and have done next to nothing with it. This is the challenge I needed to motivate me.

47. Clearing the cobwebs from my blog thanks to you! Hopefully I can keep it up

48. Patranila says:

Flynn was it? Yeah, in like him.

49. I’m in! And I linked to this blog in my post!

50. Keia Lee says:

I’m coming into this a day late but I’m in! I may regret this but I’m up for a good challenge this month :D
    Thanks!
    Keia

51. Spirit says:

I’m a little late to the party, and don’t have twitter. But would love the join! :)

52. Even though I’m a day late AS USUAL, I’m totally down.

53. Luvvie I am so IN, and I added a second challenge for myself, no rant posts for the rest of the month. It’s gonna get rough lol.

54. Kronda says:

Well look at that. I’m 2/3 of the way through my own #30dayblog challenge but I might hop on for the first half. (Have to be done before Aug 20th due to upcoming surgery).

55. Shay Renae says:

So glad I decided to do this! I have my posts staked for the next few days while on vacation. You are a great inspiration Luvvie!

56. Stacey says:

Also, fashionably late… but I’d love to join. I just found a link to your site, through two other links that piqued my interest. Crazy how browsing through blogs on a whim can lead you to just the thing you need to read today. This is absolutely my first visit to your site, Luvvie, but my sincerest thanks to you, for uniting the blogging community on this worth-while, motivating mission of self-improvement! Happy August blogging all!

57. Jeff Coleman says:

I’m game!

Blogging every day increases traffic exponentially! :-)

By the way, are you members of “Blogs United” Facebook group? If not come join…

58. Jumping in late but I’ll go the full 31 days!

59. Shared, Writing, and sharing again.

Thanks Luvvie.

60. Claire says:

Hey Luvvie!

I’m so glad I discovered your challenge.

I swear, it’s like magic. In the past I’ve promised myself to blog regularly and failed. But something about #31WriteNow is giving me the courage to take chances.

I hope you’re having a fantastic summer!