#ABCReports: ABC News’ FAIL on “Twerking” Roasted on Twitter

[ 49 ] August 27, 2013 |

After Miley Cyrus showed her (lack of an) ass (literally) at the MTV VMAs, she’s been the subject of everyone’s posts and news reports. It’s been over a day and many of us are over it. However, ABC News decided to do a “scientific” report on twerking and it’s just utterly ridiculous.

Isn’t there war, famine, racism and other terrible things to cover? Y’all are choosing to dedicate air time to TWERKING?!? UGH!!!

Look. I’m a fan of the Twerk Team as much as the next. But COME ON!!! Did they really have to do all’at? Whatever. Twitter decided to do something about it, so #ABCReports hashtag was born. Below are some of the funniest ones.

ABCReports Miley Twerks

STAY CLASSY, ABC!!! O____________O

If you liked it, put a SHARE on it:

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Social Media

1. tip says:

I’m almost hollered…I caught myself because I’m at work. Some of those tweets were hilarious. I love black Twitter. **heads to Twitter**

2. Oh please, Caribbean people have been getting down like that for Carnival since Moses was in the Pharaoh’s pre-k. Next!

3. T.Dobson says:

Black twitter will get ya!!

4. KayKay says:

I am currently surrounded by white folks…and I am howlin’…I can’t even attempt to explain the comedic beauty that is this hashtag.

• MsZ says:

Ah Black Twitter, how I love thee!! I’m at work also surrounded by white folks. CRACKIN.THE.HELL.UP!! I cant explain it either KayKay!! So, I’ll just keep laughing to myself!!

• WhiskeyOnTheRox says:

As am I and I’m laughing my ass off and not bothering to explain why. They wouldn’t understand any damn way.

• Jabria says:

This is true. I just showed my white roommate and she still can’t understand why I’m over here cacklin’ like a damn hyena.

• Jabria says:

This is true. I just showed this to my white roommate and she still can’t understand why I’m over here cacklin’ like a damn hyena.

5. Tasasha says:

These are hilarious! Glad I’m in the lunch room by myself caused I chuckled out loud at some of these lol. Black twitter is the best!

6. Shani says:

I laughed so loud I cried!

7. GoldenLady00 says:

I can’t breathe!! Black Twitter is going to have to pay my bills next month because I am going to lose my job after all of this hollering I’m over here doing.
    I needed this laugh today!

8. MzQuinn says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t really care for twerking. I don’t care to see it, and I think it’s overrated at this point. ABC needs to find something else to report on, but Twitter is killing me! Hahahaha those people are so crazy!

9. trina b says:

i spilled my tea “What will really happen when the Thun Thun Thun is dropped — Physics and Pop Culture #ABCreports” lmao

10. Rp14_96 says:

Seriously salt or sugar in your grits is the great American divide!! These were fantastic!!!

11. rikyrah says:

these were hilarious

12. originalwharris says:

I have never laughed so much as I have in the last two days. Between the Miley Cyrus memes and now this – I have used up all my laugh quota for a year!

13. LaToya says:

“I’ll Knock You Into Next Week” have black mothers invented time travel? Details at 11 and “Bills, Bills, Bills”: Was Destiny’s Child making a statement about financial illiteracy in the Black Community?

BOth of these individuals need to have several seats in the back of the bus.I almost died….TOO FUNNY

14. Saran says:

O…M…G!!! I can’t breathe! Black Twitter just gave me my life! I’m at work crying & cackling!!! Thank you…Thank you..Thank you!

15. KDS says:

Too funny! I needed this laugh today.

16. erin greene says:

i had lost my life, but its ok… i found it…

17. doris walkins says:

My fave was what will really happen when the thun thun thun is dropped!!!! FLATLINED!!!

18. Cheryl says:

These are TOO FUNNY! And PS – salt in the grits! Some cheese too.

19. tashieka says:

these #ABCReports are everything!

20. Chiquita says:

I can’t stop laughing at:

21. Chewpacabra says:

Black Twitter almost got me fired today!! “Exclusive: Stevie Wonder explains the significance of his last 3 braids.”

22. Sunny says:

I’m waitin for “How Many Black Americans have been put out of work because of Luvvie.” or “How many dams is to many?”

23. LaShawn says:

I am hollering at work and can’t even explain to the white folks why! LOl

24. RozB says:

I have been cryin’ for real.

25. Sane Jane says:

“I’ll Knock You Into Next Week” have black mothers invented time travel? Details at 11. #ABCReports

I QUIT!!!

26. Kimmy says:

I can’t with these responses!! “I’m going to knock the black of you, where time travel and Vitiligo meets.” One of the best one’s yet!!!

27. rattler08 says:

Wait a damn minute!!! Do any of yall catch this line in the ABC article:

“She said it will definitely shape and strengthen all those muscles as well as give them the stamina to do activities important to most people heavily involved in twerking like say, picking up a screaming child off the floor.”

I see what the hell they did there and I don’t like it!

28. rikyrah says:

OT Luvvie,

you seem to always be on the lookout for a good tv show..

Two Words: ORPHAN BLACK

you will not regret it.

it’s wonderful

29. vintage3000 says:

This one just made me make a co-worker close his office door:

“Who the fuck ordered gratuity?”: The Black Restaurant Experience #ABCReports”

30. lily says:

This is random but I write for a blog at Brown University and we coincidentally did the same thing for fake overly academic classes. Some examples:

AMST 1000B — Party in the U.S.A.: Festival Culture from Woodstock to Ultra

POLS1821JZ — Empire State of Mind: Political Psychology of Colonization

GNSS1080 — Feelin’ On Your Booty: The Politics of Consent

etc. here’s the link:

31. Craig says:

I’m confused…why is everybody here *surprised*?!? It’s almost as if you thought that ABC was a legitimate news outlet…lol!

Let me let you in on something: ABC is Disney. They aren’t just merely OWNED by Disney; they *ARE* Disney. And since the larger TV outlets for the most part shuttered most of their news divisions in the ’80′s after Reagan stopped enforcing the “Fairness Doctrine” (which required any and all broadcast TV stations who use the public spectrum for over-the-air broadcast to do one hour of REAL news [i.e. no "edutainment"] per 24-hour day), ABC *ESPECIALLY*, ABC “News” has become largely a joke.

They are nothing more than “Disney News” now, basically. They BADLY misreport and oversimplify important domestic news — ESPECIALLY if it involves politics — international news — especially if it involves US policy or military action overseas — insert random and useless “feel good” stories about a puppy or food bank somewhere, and worst of all, they even advertise Disney products, TV shows, movies, and initiatives AS IF IT WERE news.

So, honestly, as pathetic as this is, it’s actually rather typical of ABC “News.” It only seems randomly ridiculous to you because they revealed their hand more than usual this time. Seriously, as far as domestic news outlets go, ABC is by FAR one of the WORST. (Excluding the right-wing propaganda such as Fox News, of course.)