The Most Amazing Chicken Noodle Soup Story I’ve Ever Heard

[ 20 ] August 2, 2013 |

Some stories make you laugh and others make you weep like Alice in Wonderland. And then some just make you sit back and realize that the world is truly extraordinary. In the midst of ugliness, there is still beauty.

And sometimes, if you sit on Twitter long enough, someone blesses you by just telling their story. Yesterday, @FrancisinMD decided to tell us about the strange week he’s had. And SteenFox put his tweets into a Storify. After reading it, all I could say was “WOW” repeatedly.

You NEED to read this. It’s more than worth your time. This is a promise.

WOW. Again, WOW. Amazing. Simply. AMAZING.

What came to mind for me after reading this was one of my favorite quotes from my favorite poem Desiderata. “With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.”

Desiderata Quote

Thanks for sharing this story, Francis. It really brought one of those heart smiles to my face. God is good, and life is so weird and you’re so blessed.

P.S. Francis, can you share this recipe or nah? I think the world needs more of this soup!

Tags: , ,

Category: Random

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Mini Blog: Blog Love | I Am Your People | August 4, 2013
  1. I’m weeping because
    1) incredible story
    2) if you invite me over for a potluck, I’m bringing one of my specialties: ice, drinks, paper cups, napkins, paper plates or plastic cutlery. That homemade soup saves lives *weeps*

2. D. says:

This is just incredible. God works in some amazing ways.
    Thanks for sharing, Francis, and for amplifying, Luvvie.

3. Francis made my day. I got a lil teary-eyed because at the end of it all….God is good. Thank goodness for chicken soup. Truly good for the soul.

4. Cosmo says:

Dude conjured up some magick soup – right there! I want that recipe!

5. Gayle says:

Wow! I was speechless after reading it the first time, overwhelmed the second time, and just plain old “full” the third time. What a wonderful, well-written story. And btw, I so felt him and his exit 19 rule….there is hope for us all.

6. JoAnne Martin says:

That is an amazing story and must have been AMAZING soup. Reflecting on it though, what is amazing me more is the possibility of LONG TERM change that could (hopefully will) come from the simple act of talking to someone who was obviously troubled. We live in a time where people are “invisible” with no connections being made anymore. This guy needed money but more importantly he needed a human connection. The soup was a vehicle for providing that connection. It is a hard world, cruel world for many people….maybe your own personal “soup kitchen” provided an opportunity for this guy. Thank you for sharing.

7. Wow!! I just felt every emotion known to the human race. That was just… I have no words.

8. Twink says:

Francis is that kind of person. If you’re friends with Francis…you will always have someone in your corner

9. Em. says:

What a beautiful human! God wasn’t gonna let Francis go so easily, clearly he has work to do. Now, I gotta wash my face because I didn’t expect to be crying like this.

10. Great story, thank you for sharing!

11. Kellz says:

All I can say is WOW…what a story…brought tears to my eyes!!!

12. Nae says:

Absolutely AHHHmazing…thanks for sharing Luvvie!

13. Jabria says:

I haven’t been this moved by a story in a long time. If this right here isn’t proof that God is good, I don’t know what is.

14. 3d2002 says:

I want to meet Francis, I live in the DMV area, I gotta meet this beautiful being. @Luvvie, can you make it happen? :)

15. Drea823 says:

This story had my tears free flowing with the quickness. Thanks for sharing Francis’ story, God has his hands on him for sure.

16. Amber says:

wow. this story is crazy but necessary to read. it also resonates with me because it happened in my neck of the woods.

17. Shanique says:

I’m sitting here with years in my eyes. I’ve been struggling a lot with faith in God and this just hits me how amazing He really is.. Thank God for that soup..and his grandma too..

18. Iiona V says:

WOW! what a testament to God and what he has in store for a person, you were meant to be there at that exact moment to help that guy… WOW! God is good…