Random

The Most Amazing Chicken Noodle Soup Story I’ve Ever Heard

Some stories make you laugh and others make you weep like Alice in Wonderland. And then some just make you sit back and realize that the world is truly extraordinary. In the midst of ugliness, there is still beauty.

And sometimes, if you sit on Twitter long enough, someone blesses you by just telling their story. Yesterday, @FrancisinMD decided to tell us about the strange week he’s had. And SteenFox put his tweets into a Storify. After reading it, all I could say was “WOW” repeatedly.

You NEED to read this. It’s more than worth your time. This is a promise.

WOW. Again, WOW. Amazing. Simply. AMAZING.

What came to mind for me after reading this was one of my favorite quotes from my favorite poem Desiderata. “With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.”

Desiderata Quote

Thanks for sharing this story, Francis. It really brought one of those heart smiles to my face. God is good, and life is so weird and you’re so blessed.

P.S. Francis, can you share this recipe or nah? I think the world needs more of this soup!

1. August 2, 2013 at 12:33 am — Reply

I’m weeping because
    1) incredible story
    2) if you invite me over for a potluck, I’m bringing one of my specialties: ice, drinks, paper cups, napkins, paper plates or plastic cutlery. That homemade soup saves lives *weeps*

2. D.
    August 2, 2013 at 12:42 am — Reply

This is just incredible. God works in some amazing ways.
    Thanks for sharing, Francis, and for amplifying, Luvvie.

3. August 2, 2013 at 12:56 am — Reply

Francis made my day. I got a lil teary-eyed because at the end of it all….God is good. Thank goodness for chicken soup. Truly good for the soul.

4. Cosmo
    August 2, 2013 at 1:11 am — Reply

Dude conjured up some magick soup – right there! I want that recipe!

5. Gayle
    August 2, 2013 at 1:30 am — Reply

Wow! I was speechless after reading it the first time, overwhelmed the second time, and just plain old “full” the third time. What a wonderful, well-written story. And btw, I so felt him and his exit 19 rule….there is hope for us all.

6. JoAnne Martin
    August 2, 2013 at 1:53 am — Reply

That is an amazing story and must have been AMAZING soup. Reflecting on it though, what is amazing me more is the possibility of LONG TERM change that could (hopefully will) come from the simple act of talking to someone who was obviously troubled. We live in a time where people are “invisible” with no connections being made anymore. This guy needed money but more importantly he needed a human connection. The soup was a vehicle for providing that connection. It is a hard world, cruel world for many people….maybe your own personal “soup kitchen” provided an opportunity for this guy. Thank you for sharing.

7. August 2, 2013 at 2:49 am — Reply

Wow!! I just felt every emotion known to the human race. That was just… I have no words.

8. Twink
    August 2, 2013 at 7:34 am — Reply

Francis is that kind of person. If you’re friends with Francis…you will always have someone in your corner

9. Em.
    August 2, 2013 at 8:39 am — Reply

What a beautiful human! God wasn’t gonna let Francis go so easily, clearly he has work to do. Now, I gotta wash my face because I didn’t expect to be crying like this.

10. August 2, 2013 at 9:41 am — Reply

Great story, thank you for sharing!

11. Kellz
    August 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm — Reply

All I can say is WOW…what a story…brought tears to my eyes!!!

12. August 2, 2013 at 12:27 pm — Reply

Absolutely AHHHmazing…thanks for sharing Luvvie!

13. Jabria
    August 2, 2013 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I haven’t been this moved by a story in a long time. If this right here isn’t proof that God is good, I don’t know what is.

14. 3d2002
    August 2, 2013 at 1:54 pm — Reply

I want to meet Francis, I live in the DMV area, I gotta meet this beautiful being. @Luvvie, can you make it happen? :)

15. Drea823
    August 2, 2013 at 2:19 pm — Reply

This story had my tears free flowing with the quickness. Thanks for sharing Francis’ story, God has his hands on him for sure.

16. August 3, 2013 at 9:40 pm — Reply

wow. this story is crazy but necessary to read. it also resonates with me because it happened in my neck of the woods.

17. August 4, 2013 at 1:10 am — Reply

[...] Awsomely Luvvie: The Amazing Chicken Noodle Soup Story [...]

18. August 4, 2013 at 9:59 am — Reply

I’m sitting here with years in my eyes. I’ve been struggling a lot with faith in God and this just hits me how amazing He really is.. Thank God for that soup..and his grandma too..

19. Iiona V
    August 5, 2013 at 7:19 pm — Reply

WOW! what a testament to God and what he has in store for a person, you were meant to be there at that exact moment to help that guy… WOW! God is good…