Social MediaTV

Twitter Drags Pebbles By Her Eyebrows for Cheating TLC

VH1 just finished airing the much-anticipated TLC biopic starring Keke Palmer, Drew Sidora and Lil Mama and it was actually pretty good. I’ll get to that review in my next post though.

I am here because the best thing to come from watching the movie is the wig snatch of Pebbles, TLC’s first manager. She signed them, groomed them but cheated them out of MILLIONS of dollars. In fact, to leave the contract they had signed, they had to pay her $1 million for EACH letter in their group name. TLC paid this woman $3 million for their freedom. Chile…

The woman knew how to get her money but she screwed them royally in the process. Cunning businesswoman, bad ethics and all the monies.

Pebbles

So Twitter, being the awesome platform it is, allowed many people to air their disdain for Pebbles’ greed. Folks have snatched her wig and left her looking like a proverbial naked mole rat. The roast below is what happened and is still happening. I will be updating it for the next couple of hours, so getchu a piece.

BUT lemme say that A LOT of people are saying REALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY evil things about this lady. And those dusty degenerates need to sit the hell down. I didn’t include those tweets here.

If for some reason you can’t view the tweets below, check it out on Storify.

We are all so very touched by this it seems. Her mentions look like bombs over Baghdad. She should just delete her Twitter account and not look back for at least a week.

Whatchu think Pebbles needs to do right about now?

Miss Arkansas 1994, I'm Telling You To STAHP

#90sRnBBiopics: Films We'd Love to See About Our Faves (Twitter Edition)

1. October 21, 2013 at 11:51 pm — Reply

Twitter has no mercy sometimes. She did ‘em dirty and all these young’uns who didn’t know are finding out. And the rest of us who’re like…18 and over, we already know. We done said our piece and went back to our glasses of wine. All I need her to do is fix that Twitter description.

2. October 21, 2013 at 11:52 pm — Reply

These are hilarious. I’m saddened i couldn’t participate in it. Black twitter never fails.

3. KemaB
    October 21, 2013 at 11:53 pm — Reply

Lmaoooooo. They are slow roasting her over the coals of Life and I am here for all of it!! Pebbles still tryna find another letter in TLC to get a quick mil shady ass heifer. She really tryna to say this is all lies but until she can explain how TLC went 10x platinum and still ended up in bankruptcy then she better occupy a seat. Cause until she do right by TLC her mentions will forever be in shambles…

• Shakira
      October 23, 2013 at 6:50 pm — Reply

“Slow roasting her over the coals of life” Yaaaasssss!!!

4. Onika Pascal
    October 21, 2013 at 11:59 pm — Reply

I am friggin crying with laughter at 1am….damn it Luvvie you so it every time. These tweets are everything under Pebbles’ wig

5. maljazur
    October 22, 2013 at 12:15 am — Reply

LMAO!!!@ “Wig Snatch”
    LMAO!!!@ the Honey Boo Boo skip-to-my-lou after hearing, “Show us the contract.”

6. October 22, 2013 at 12:48 am — Reply

I’m still watching the TLC story on the West Coast, but the Pebbles draggage is still going on. And I am here for all of it.
    They cheated them because they never thought they’d be famous? LULZ

7. Jabari
    October 22, 2013 at 1:01 am — Reply

#iCant with Prince Charming’s tweet LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL! Let Tasia Mae cook!!!!!!

As for Pebbles, she is a dirty and despicable degenerate and I wish her no good in life. PS: She made Cruelia look like Mary Poppins!!!

• October 22, 2013 at 1:57 am — Reply

lol NAY, Pebbles made Big Red from The Five Heartbeats look like Daddy Warbucks! How can someone that pretty (in real life and in the movie) by THAT damn trifling?! ‘Sister’ Perri, do better!

8. October 22, 2013 at 2:45 am — Reply

Didn’t watch but from reading the tweets, KNEW black twitter woulda brought up big red….classic shady manager, even if fictional..lol

9. October 22, 2013 at 2:54 am — Reply

Lolol@ until pebbles do right by tlc, everything she tweet gon’ fail…y’all go AWAY!!!

10. Stone Pebbles
    October 22, 2013 at 4:18 am — Reply

She needs to own up to her actions and stop hiding behind God while proceeding to sue TLC for MORE of their money! This is their story, which they have every right to tell. They’ve earned it. Some people just can’t let others have their moment in the spotlight without hating.

TLC didn’t paint themselves as angels either, so you know the story is probably accurate. Pebbles did them dirty but she was far from the only one. That’s how the business was, is and will continue to be, especially for young women.

Miley Cyrus: take notice. This is what Sinead O’Connor was trying to tell you. The business cares nothing about its slaves–I mean stars.

• April
      October 22, 2013 at 8:00 am — Reply

I agree with you, but Miley is in a different boat. She has that Hannah Montana money. Bitch will never have to worry about finances.

11. October 22, 2013 at 7:00 am — Reply

I think Perri “Pebbles” Reid public image has fallen victim to some facets of sexism and gender stereotypes. She was a stern, no-nonsense businesswoman who profited from her artists utilizing practices similar to those of Berry Gordy, P Diddy, Babyface, & LA Reid… yet they receive little-to-no flack for robbing their artists blind. They’re seen as smart businessmen. Conversely, she’s seen as an unyielding bitch.
    #RandomThought

• R
      October 22, 2013 at 8:11 am — Reply

Yes and she learned from her husband who did it to others :)

• ifyouevercomeback
      October 22, 2013 at 8:57 am — Reply

Yeah I call Bs on that. All of those men(with the exception of BabyFace) got called out for the same practices she got called out for. People stay saying Puffy and LA are shady. Also I have never heard anything about Babyface being dirty.

• Nadenna Colbert
      October 22, 2013 at 8:59 am — Reply

I couldnt agree with you more

• October 22, 2013 at 10:29 am — Reply

You’re not wrong, E. I do think Pebbles is also getting reamed as much as he is because of the “Bitchy Businesswoman” Trope. However, I wouldn’t say that LA Reid hasn’t caught flack for his Aint Shit behavior in the past. And Berry Gordy has too. It’s just not spotlighted right now. I think we need to see them being trifling in a biopic too so Twitter can go in and let have!

• That Dude
      October 22, 2013 at 10:57 am — Reply

No one talks about P. Diddy? Have you seen the black hole that any artist he signs disappears into, never to be seen again?

But I think the biggest thing is Twitter wasn’t as big then. Let another Making the Band come on or the Motown Story and I guarantee folks will be even get their taco meat snatched. Pebbles suffers from the proliferation of social media…and it doesn’t help that she’s claiming innocence.

• Miss Wits
        October 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm — Reply

While I understand where E.Reed is coming from, I have to side with Luvvie and That Dude. Diddy gets TONSSSSS of shade all the time. Don’t y’all remember when Twitter JUST started getting hot amongst celebrities, and there was that whole “#UnfollowDiddy” trend that was popular after that comedian Maronzio Vance released that video “Puffy Is Poison” on Youtube. Here’s the link: http://youtu.be/2Z3bLRPOlrw

And it became a huge trend – and Puffy was obviously hurt by it.

So, yes – she is getting most of the shade TODAY, but trust and believe, Puffy and others have gotten (and still get) their fair share of roasts as well.

• October 22, 2013 at 9:09 pm — Reply

Well s***! I stand corrected. I never caught wind of this ish…. lol

12. […] II Men? Anywho, see below for some of the highlights of this other roast session. The first was Pebbles’ wig snatch, which I have also documented for your enjoyment. You’re […]

13. October 22, 2013 at 7:32 am — Reply

searching for my oxygen tank…because of pic by @xblatino328

She really goes to show that beauty is ONLY skin deep.
    @TrellBeyLike: #PebblesIsSomewhere still tryna collect fees from LeftEye….**wall slides into a puddle of can’ts**

14. Felix Jenkins
    October 22, 2013 at 9:39 am — Reply

It just goes to show you that there is some truth in “chickens coming home to roost!” AND “A hit dog will holler” Those girls aren’t lying on her, it was actually worst than what was portrayed in the movie, tyrant isn’t the word for her. The really sad thing is that she even started a ministry and treated those people the same way. She hired assistants and didn’t pay them, she used them and treated them like servants. They all actually found Jesus and fled. And that’s when a lot of people figured out she really is a fraud and no one cares that the false prophetess is mad.

• pam
      October 22, 2013 at 11:00 am — Reply

Jesus! at least she’s consistent.

October 22, 2013 at 3:50 pm — Reply

Amen! I saw her on the Christian channel and couldn’t believe my eyes. Talking about a “prophetess”. What? Really? She know she wrong.

• Selena
      April 2, 2014 at 4:42 pm — Reply

Pebbles doesn’t have the heart or caring-type personality to lead anyone, even in ministry. She is a pretender, a dictator and a tyrant indeed. She’s romanced several musicians who taught her the cruel ways of the music industry. The ministry was started so she would avoid paying taxes on her millions. It’s called hiding under the financial umbrella in ministry.

15. Court
    October 22, 2013 at 11:01 am — Reply

It is interesting to relive all of this with Twitter as a supporting character. I remember when Left Eye gave everyone the math of their situation. They were never shy about what happened. They told anyone that would listen that they were broke.

I watched MTV all day every day, so not only were the songs nostalgic, the news behind the scenes was as well.

16. M
    October 22, 2013 at 12:46 pm — Reply

Maybe now the youngins will better understand why Prince did all that he did writing slave on his cheek and changing his name to the symbol until he was legally able to get his name and his Master tracks back.

As for Pebbles if women want to be viewed as equal in the workplace then you are held to the same standards of shaming when you are absolutely wrong. In this case she made millions off of those young girls and STILL claims she did nothing wrong. I don’t have an issue as much as what she did back then as it was industry standard but moreso that she refuses to even apologize while professing to be a preacher. No bueno.

17. […] was the Grinch of the TLC story, having cheated them out of millions with a trifling contract (read Twitter’s Pebbles roast for cackles). Yes, it might have been industry standard, but for you to sell 10 million records and […]

18. ucity88
    October 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Why isn’t #IndustryStandardContract trending on Twitter yet??

• October 22, 2013 at 2:52 pm — Reply

Because that’s a really long hashtag.

19. Tameesha
    October 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm — Reply

Ya’ll forgot the best part: TLC wasn’t EVEN Pebbles idea. It was on Ryan Cameron. She screwed the founder out of the concept because that poor girl wanted her mother to look over that BS of a contract before she signed.

20. jasmine
    October 22, 2013 at 4:27 pm — Reply

Lmfao @ these tweets. They are hilarious.Dead @#PebblesIsSomewhere tryna sign Fantasia….she know she aint go read the contract. Yo I Hate you pebbles for real. I swear if this B!tch sues and the judge awards her anything may he get his like I hope she will get hers. STealing TlC money to feed that fat grotesque son she has. And fck P-shitty for snitching on them going HAM at Clive davis. P-Shitty is another Pebbles, Reid ( didn’t Reid originally turn P-shitty out? IF P-shitty wasn’t a homo prior to), & Clive Davis.

21. Absurdist
    October 22, 2013 at 5:23 pm — Reply

What she appears to have been doing since the 17th: maintaining radio silence.

22. Rachel
    October 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm — Reply

These Twitter posts are hilarious lol. The world is round. Whatever you do, comes right back to you. Chickens roostin’ and karma is a b****. Heck, karma is patient. Sat back and waited for twitter. In my best TLC voice: Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!

23. Dee Kelly
    October 23, 2013 at 7:43 am — Reply

It is a shame how you cheated those girls…. The biggest girl group of all time … all that hard work. You should have made sure they could buy their own house…. I hope you slept well all those years…