Movies

So I Live-Tweeted the Sound of Music and It Was Everything Right

The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies EVER. It probably sparked my love of musicals and I have seen it more times than I can count. I know the words to all the songs and my love of Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer is deep. Dame Julie’s voice sounds like unicorns cried directly on her vocal cords. It is everything to me. EVERYTHING.

So last night when I realized the Sound of Music Sing-A-Long was playing on ABC, I had to drop everything I was doing to watch. This was a sing-a-long because they displayed the lyrics to every song on the screen (as if we needed it). I sing along every time I watch the movie anyway. They didn’t have to tell me twice.

Sound of Music

I tuned in, sang loudly on my couch and tweeted along with my followers, who are also lovers of the classic. Every time I watch it, I act like it’s the first time because that’s what happens when we watch/read our faves. Below are my tweets. If you can’t view them, check out my Sound of Music livetweets on Storify.

Seriously. I must be at that festival. NOT PLAYING!

In case you missed it, check out my livetweets of me reading the utterly awful and terrible 50 Shades of Grey book!

I Just Finished Serial and We Must Talk About It!

SELMA is Not Just Brilliant But Right On Time

1. Gingersnap
    December 22, 2014 at 10:34 am

OMG. THIS was THE BEST!! We love the same stuff!! You’re so original. Who live tweets Sound of Music??
    What about Wizard of Oz next year? That would be hilarious.

2. blackprofessor
    December 22, 2014 at 11:48 am

I missed your live tweets of one of my favorite movies?? Facepalm! I have been watching TSOM since the 70s when my family gave me serious shade for loving it. I watch it every year like I have never seen it before and last night was no exception.

3. mobaygurl
    December 22, 2014 at 11:59 am

I missed this, but well done Luvvie.
    Waiting for the next live tweet of the next classic!

4. December 22, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I fricking LOVE The Sound of Music!!! For some reason, it has become my must-watch Christmas movie. Julie Andrews’ voice is just the most perfect thing ever and Christopher Plummer was a total babe, all broody and segzy. That’s one mountain I’d have liked to cl- *loses wifi*

5. Carriecnh12
    December 22, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Luvvie you are the best on the internet, tweeting with the sound of music is now a thing that you should do all of the time, to movies, music and what ever else you feel like.

Knew about the sing along, but forgot about it :(, My sister and I are huge fans of the movie, she was even given a special edition DVD for the their anniversary special, which included behind the scenes and a karaoke sing along version. I have even stated teaching my little kindergarteners at the school I work at, the DO RE MI song.

6. Anne
    December 22, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I had NO CLUE that you love musicals like that. No wonder I get you!!!! Shoot, we love them so much in my family that musical theatre is my daughters major in college!! Loved the tweets! Oh and my 67 year old mother is LOVING your posts. She’s now on this site more than I am! She’s says you are a talented writer and extremely humorous. Keep up the great work!

7. December 22, 2014 at 5:44 pm

My sister-in-law, niece and I watched, and and danced. One of my favorites ever!

8. m
    December 22, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Love this musical! Reminds me of my childhood. My Fair Lady is another favourite. “Why can’t the Engish learn to speak?!

9. Donlychild
    December 22, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I LOVE that YOU LOVE The Sound of Music!! My couch was the stage and my living room the opera house….so what, only my hubby was there for the show! Ha…these tweets tho!
    And yes I DO have the original LP (record player..’ol skool)!! Scratched up from playing it over and over and over…just can’t get enough!

10. December 23, 2014 at 5:14 am

I was at dinner and mad because i was missing the singalong. Me and that movie go together! Hell, I’m even OK with the creepy goat puppets. Because… yodeling (Hey, Rihanna!).

They did a singalong at one of the outdoor theaters in the DMV area and I couldn’t get one person from my crew to go. I was so sad. My love for #SOM is so not a game. When Carrie Underwood was in that BS live remake I was salty. You DO NOT mess with the classic.

11. Ms. Q
    December 23, 2014 at 10:57 am

LOVED your tweets!! I missed the live tweet but my mom & I were watching it smiling from ear to ear and singing along!!! #SoundofMusic is the TRUTH!!

She kept talking about how she brought the DVD when I was little and we always watched it (she mentioned this too many times) but then some parts she sat there like it was her first time (true African mother) with ad-libs and all about why this was happening and who did what!

12. breezy
    December 23, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Have you “live-tweeted” The Wiz!? How about Seven brides for seven brothers, White Christmas, singing in the rain, Oklahoma, Kiss me Kate, how about anything with Doris Day. I love musicals!

13. SIPort
    December 24, 2014 at 7:53 am

someone tipped me that you were going it, and I went to your twitter feed. Luvvie, YOU ROCK!!
    It was fabulous!

14. QP
    December 26, 2014 at 5:52 am

Love Dame Julie Andrews! I, too, have had long standing love for her and Rogers & Hammerstein musicals since childhood. My other DJA fav is Mary Poppins – not R&H musical, but a Disney musical and classic!