My Life

My 2015 Highlights: Look Back on My Epic Year!

This year has been a bunch of WINS for me, and when people say it happened really fast, I remind them that I’m a 12-year overnight success. All the good things that came in 2015 for me were over a decade in the making. I do not take them for granted as I remember the years where I felt that I was being ignored. What is happening is because I’ve been one of he ones who didn’t quit when the going got tough.

I wanted to document my main triumphs from this year, and I did it via Twitter, over 5 days. In 2015, I spoke and presented classes around the world, I got awards, I got featured in media, I worked with some of my favorite brands, I met some of my fave celebrities and a lifelong dream of mine came true.

Luvvie 2015 Highlights

Join me on my stroll down memory lane, with my collection of #2015Highlight tweets. If you cannot view them below, check them out on Storify.

Thank you for all your support, and here’s to an even more awesome 2016!

Oh and if you’re reading this, LET’S WORK TOGETHER somehow. Check out my Work with me page.

7 Lessons I've Learned from Traveling to 14 Countries in 2015

Aretha Franklin is Every Older Black Woman at the Kennedy Center Honors

1. December 29, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I am in Awe as you are simply Awesome! I’ve been so inspired by your year of “Yes”, I decided to begin my own. December 1st, was my last day of being part of the corporate hustle. No plans, no notice, just bye Bitches; I have a dream! Already life has welcomed me back, sent me a reroute to my GPS and, “Where you been”, text. I eagerly anticipate that the course of hard knock life I just enrolled in will be the stepping stone to my something greater than my brows. Thanks for being my “Spurr’it Animal” Luvvie.

When you believe more in what you don’t see…than what you do see…then what you do see you won’t see…and what you don’t see you will see.
    ~ Dr. Michael Beckwith

2. December 29, 2015 at 7:17 pm

So happy for you with all your successes, Luvvie; they are much deserved! Also, thanks for what you wrote about not giving up when the going gets tough; I needed to read that. Here’s to a great 2016!

3. MzCafe
    December 30, 2015 at 8:17 am

This page needs a LIKE button!! —scratch that -a LOVE BUTTON!!

4. Judy
    December 30, 2015 at 9:44 am

Happy to have run upon your site you’re awesome love the positive motivation. .

5. circa1908
    December 30, 2015 at 10:08 am

So proud to call you my e-friend. Been with you since you were shooting in the gym, original VSS, now you a superstah!!!!!

get it! 2016 aint ready for you

6. December 31, 2015 at 11:48 am

That was a phenomenal year and it will only get better! Keep living your dreams and sharing them! You represent great things, youth,talent,humor,inspiration, and culture, all wrapped into one.

7. December 31, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations on a great year, Luvvie! You worked hard for it, and I know you’ll reach higher heights in 2016!

8. Dee
    January 1, 2016 at 9:51 am

Luvvie, you are beyond inspiring.

I am so very happy for you, and what makes me even happier is knowing that there are even more phenomenal firsts waiting for you with your name on them.

Here’s to you having an utterly fantastic 2016!

9. jcanwisegrrl
    January 1, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Congratulations, phenomenal woman! There is even more in store for you in 2016, so cast your nets, expand your borders and B L O O M, hunny! And I hope that the winds blow you to Jamaica one of these days. I’ll meet you at the airport with food and drink (not Fanta, but a locally made orange soda. lol!)

10. February 29, 2016 at 2:55 pm

So inspired by your 2015 highlights!

You are one of the women who is really rocking it.

Please let me know when you are going to lecture in L.A.!

Starting my own blog soon–Metro Press News.Excited!

Keep up the good work!