Random

So I Got Tea on Rachel Dolezal from a Former Colleague of Hers

I promise I was not planning on doing another post on Rachel Dolezal and her nutbucket self. I really wasn’t. But then tea dropped in my inbox and it was too good not to share. For those who are like “we make her relevant by talking about her” skip this. I love good gossip and this is that. So I’ma share it.

Yesterday, I wrote about Rachel legally changing her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo, and how us Nigerians are not claiming her foolass. Someone who used to teach at a college that Rachel taught at read my post. He messaged me on Facebook and said he has stories about her. The legend of the decepticon is not large enough, apparently. And what we thought about how ridiculous she is, is not enough. He proceeded to regale me with tales of her BLACK SISTAH ROLE and I had to share it (with his permission, of course).

Below is the thread on Twitter. If you can’t read it here, go see on Storify.

I will never stop laughing at Rachel Luther Queen. Not ever. All I know is that I was in my inbox gulping up the tea and the receipts. It has derailed my day in the best way.

Sips Tea Kerry gif

Have you bought my debut book I’M JUDGING YOU: The Do-Better Manual. Haven’t ordered it yet? Now’s your chance. If you love my posts and my tweets, you’ll love this book. Amazon. Barnes & Nobles. iBooks. Audible (I narrated the audiobook myself). Kobo. Books-A-Million.

We, The Nigerians, Do Not Accept Rachel Dolezal's New Name

Ben Carson is to Smart as Slavery is to Immigration

1. March 2, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Wow. He saved the messages from years ago. He must have scanned and archived ALL the receipts.

• Dana
      March 2, 2017 at 12:52 pm

I think FB Messenger just keeps all your messages with a person unless you manually delete the convo

• hadji j w.
        March 2, 2017 at 5:09 pm

they do. If you want your messages gone you have to manually delete them. most folk don’t care to do it. Wouldnt cross my mind to do so unless I had something to hide.

But this noose story isn’t new. Black Beckenstein was found to have done the same thing in WA with the NAACP. She claimed someone hung a noose at her office–turned out it was some cable wire that was looped around a beam–not even a noose, just sloppy electrical work that had been their for years. She also claimed someone had mailed her hate mail. Authorities investigated and found out that the mail she claimed had been sent via post office to her wasn’t even mailed as she had claimed and no one had seen a messenger or accepted anything like this from a messenger and it was “highly likely” that Beckenstein had faked the whole thing.

• blackprofessor
          March 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Black Beckenstein – I done died!!

• Lenore312
      March 2, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Any one you have a conversations with is saved. No work is needed unless he knows more than one Rachel.

• March 2, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Most of that stuff just stays in your email. I have all of my emails that I did not delete from as far back as 2005 on my AOL email account

2. Sandy LeClear
    March 2, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I don’t know how I should condition myself to feel about this person.
    I laughed at Caitlyn Jenner…there, I said it. I still do.
    I saw a video of Cait bitching about Trumps backpedaling on the LGBTQ thing and I laughed harder, I say things like “Attention whore” and my daughters throw things at me and call me intolerant. I wouldn’t ever be mean or think he…er..Cait, doesn’t have a right to say he…er Cait, can’t walk around being whatever Cait wants to, but I guess I can’t be amused.
    I must be tolerant.
    Your Rachel…er Nkechi stories are delicious!
    Are my daughters going to kick my ass for being amused?
    Am I being intolerant?

• Lenore313
      March 2, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Just a reminder that misgendering a Trans person, even a Trans person you don’t particularly care for, is Transphobic AF.
      Imagine your “He…er…Cait” remarks were instead a white person saying “that nig….uh I mean Ben Carson”
      I don’t like Ben Carson but I’m not for white person calling him a nigg#r.
      If you’re for Transgender people you don’t intentionally misgender them.

• Rikki
        March 2, 2017 at 1:35 pm

• Melissa
        March 2, 2017 at 2:25 pm

I don’t necessarily agree about the misgendering always being transphobic. Sometimes it is a legitimate issue. This jackass is doing it on purpose is out of line, but I’ll give you my scenario. While in college, I knew a lesbian woman who went by the name of Nikki. After college, we lost touch and somehow years later, my LinkedIn emailed every single person who I had ever sent an email to in my life and we ended up back in touch. The person I knew as Nikki now identified as Nick and was in the process of transitioning. I have no problems with this, but I still call him “her” sometimes when referring to the times we shared because when I had the experience, he was a she. I have a hard time figuring out what gender to use knowing someone before and after a transition. Is there any advice for this type of situation?

• Akilah
          March 2, 2017 at 2:42 pm

That’s easy: ASK NICK.

🙄

• Alex
          March 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm

yes, ask them if possible. if not, default to their current preferred name/pronouns, even when referring to the past.

• Jamie Norwood
          March 3, 2017 at 5:49 am

There is a huge difference between mistake and disrespect. Shockingly, most trans people can tell the difference between accidentally getting a pronoun wrong, and consistently refusing to acknowledge and respect us. What you were talking about? Not an issue; you apologise and move on. What this poster did? Huge problem and hugely mocking.

I know it can be hard to see the difference between Rachel and Cait. I dislike both. But you do not and cannot transition lightly, it requires huge amounts of work and hatred, medical supervision and approval. Too much. Rachel has simply declared ‘I’m black and always was’, even though all sense of reality (Parents, genetics, etc) say otherwise. She isn’t suffering from dysphoria or anything of the kind, she’s suffering from a need for attention.

• March 26, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Don’t let these social justice warriors bully you. Call a duck a duck. Your friend is a butch lesbian, not a man. I find it amusing that these same politically correct folks lecture you on enabling mentally ill trans people in a post where they criticize a white woman for claiming to be black.

• Yolanda
        March 2, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Very good comparison..i was laughing at the he…er Cait but after you expalantation..i do see the problem. Thanks..and by the way i’m black and love that fact that you educated me on prejudice

• Lexa
      March 2, 2017 at 1:23 pm

I am always surprised how little it takes to respect simple things that literally have no impact on your life and how hard people fight against that.

Cait is a she. End of story.

• JerzeeGurl
      March 2, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I fail to realize what Caitlin Jenner has to do with this. What reason would you have had to bring HER up here? SHE has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

• Shay
        March 2, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I guess she came up because it’s basically the same situation. One just feels like the opposite sex and the other feels like another race. I don’t get how people can be understanding of one but not the other.

• jason
          March 2, 2017 at 5:34 pm

well, because transgenderism is an actual thing.
          There’s different brain structures and a condition known as “gender dysphoria”

Someone changing their race, not so much.

Race is something you get from your family.

Gender is culturally created (it’s different from biological sex)

• Jessica
            March 2, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Race is culturally created as well. Scientists don’t even recognize it as a legitimate means of classifying people.

• Sd
          March 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm

You know if a black person can I and identified as white no one would accept that or be understanding. Black folks especially would call them self-hating. White people would think their a joke and somebody somewhere would try to find some law they’re breaking and most importantly, they wouldn’t get any attention.

• dreamsoffire
      March 2, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I am assuming by commenting on an unrelated person, you are looking for people to validate your attitude. I would call you transphobic but your children know you better.

• M
      March 2, 2017 at 2:13 pm

There’s never an excuse for purposefully misgendering a trans person. I’ve got issues with Cailtyn Jenner from here to outer space, but she’s a woman, plain and simple. Just like you’re being transphobic, plain and simple. Good on your kids for calling you out on it. May they continue to do so, and may you learn to do better.

• March 3, 2017 at 6:24 am

Transgender people have grown up with the feeling of being a different gender than the one they experienced at birth. Trans women have also been on the receiving end of transmisogyny. So trans women are not appropriating the pain of other women – they have already been on the receiving end of misogyny because of their transgender status. Also, there are thousands of transgender and gender-variant people, and we have been around for centuries. Only one person is claiming to be “transracial”. Go figure.

3. Julieth
    March 2, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Well, that was some GOOD! tea!

• PACoug
      March 7, 2017 at 4:10 am

And so it is that Rachel
      Has become the fair Nkechi.
      And while she’s changed her heritage,
      The details are still sketchy.

Since races are just constructs
      In the fair Nkechi’s view.
      We think she’ll go to Africa
      To get her rightful due.

She will, no doubt, be hailed there
      As the newest white/black hope,
      As long as every African’s
      An unsuspecting dope.

It’s fair to fool Americans:
      We beg to be hornswoggled.
      But Africans aren’t quite so keen
      To have their savvy boggled.

4. Tiffany
    March 2, 2017 at 1:44 pm

That woman is legit crazy. She seriously needs therapy.

5. Amused0472
    March 2, 2017 at 1:58 pm

After seeing Get Out, I feel like Rachel would straight up jack a black body if she could. She has some issues on a whole other plane of crazy that I can’t even begin to understand.

• March 3, 2017 at 6:21 am

it’s sort of like Munchausen syndrome.

6. Choc
    March 2, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I’m going to need Rachel and the Cash Me Outside girl to go have a seat in the “I must really think black people are stupid” section, right next to Chrisette Michelle in her Basquiat skirt. Girl bye, bitch please, bye Felicia, and all the other typical ass ways to dimiss a bitch! How bout that?!!

7. Bridget
    March 2, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I see why her parents outted her. She touched in more ways than there is coverage for under any insurance plan. Get her a padded room with 3 hots and a cot.

8. MV
    March 2, 2017 at 2:44 pm

That woman is mentally ill. Comb through the antics and you will see she is DEEPLY ill. Her head ain’t right atall!

9. Marisa
    March 2, 2017 at 2:53 pm

As I was saying on The Facebook yesterday, she’s the lady who sits down next to you on the bus and starts telling you about how the CIA put a chip in her head and you start calculating how many stops you can get off early and still make it to work on time.

• SW
      April 6, 2017 at 12:47 pm

You have left me BREATHLESS with laughter!!!!

10. March 2, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I love you.

11. Yolanda
    March 2, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I can. NOT. My 3-yr-old is all “Mommy, can I have a snack?” And I’m like “Girl, if you don’t let me finish this tea first!” Dis tew much.

12. Sherrell
    March 2, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Here is my issue with all this. You think oh she leads the NAACP she must be “down”.

Nope.

Not once did she make up a story about being racially abused that was not found to be false. To me that says I’m going to do this, get caught, and make black people look worse. Actions like this are why Orangie McTrashface say things like well Jews may be getting targeted but they make us stuff too so it’s not that bad. It opens the door of real issues from people of color being looked at as false.

She’s not champion of anything to me but being a terrible liar who can’t use bronzer properly.

• Maxine Shaw, attorney-at-LOL
      March 2, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Didn’t she once claim that her (black male) mentor raped her as well? B/c a white man claiming that a (possibly nonexistent) black man raped her while posing as a black woman is reaching peaks of caucasity that I’m not sure have ever been reached before.

13. Mary Burrell
    March 2, 2017 at 7:30 pm

This confirms what i have always believed about Dolezal she’s nutty as squirrel poop. Wish she would disappear into an alternate universe and we never have to hear of her and her nutjob shenanigans.

14. Tina
    March 2, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I just got banned from facebook for calling her a Cracker on her page. She’d posted a meme saying she was nobodies “NEGRO” and I replied saying “Rachel you’re right! You’re nobodies NEGRO but you’re everyone’s CRACKER!” I’m white, lol. I mean its true. She’s as white as I am only she’s a deluded psychobitch, lol. I can’t stand people who pretend to be someone they’re not.

15. Laurie
    March 3, 2017 at 4:23 pm

There really does seem to be something not right with Rachel. It reminds me of Munchausen Syndrome.

16. March 3, 2017 at 5:38 pm

She’s mentally ill on all kinds of levels! Wow! I hope she never turns physically violent. Although the people who shared these things might want to look over their shoulders for awhile. RLK seems like someone who would seek revenge…

17. Denise
    March 3, 2017 at 8:51 pm

This is actually sad…..she is straight up delusional. And she has children? Custody of them? Scary…..real talk

18. Stacy
    March 3, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Luvvie I just want to thank you for such good tea this Friday. Also, kind of random, but i wonder about the father of her children. Was he cool with the whole I’m really white but I’m going to claim I’m black thing? What are his thoughts? Can they interview him? Inquiring minds want to know.

19. aw
    March 4, 2017 at 9:03 am

Why is she in some bizzare contest that nobody signed up for? It’s like she wants to prove to everyone she is blacker than black, the blackest, which is impossible since she isn’t black. She soooo black that she gets death threats from KKK. If she didn’t do all these attention seeking shenanigans, she would’ve gotten away with it or people would’ve politely played into her charade. Now she’s a laughing stock!
    Back to the name thing, you can still have a name like “Ellen” and still be black, or African even! I’m Chinese American and definitely side-eyed a few fellow ABCs I knew growing up who all of sudden went by their Chinese name in college. At least that was their real name though and not some random ish! I would’ve tolerated Rachel’s name change more if she picked something in Afrikaans since at least her family spent time in South Africa. Instead, I think she thinks it’s trendy to pick something from West Africa, smdh.

20. A
    March 4, 2017 at 10:43 am

She is clearly mentally ill, which is why I do not understand mocking her. I mean, her behavior is offensive for sure, but she is so mentally ill, she might as well be disabled. And we don’t mock disabled people. Right?

• Andry
      March 13, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Do we mock disabled white women who mock the experience of black people while all around us disabled people of color are left to suffer in this awful system by being sent to prison or shot rather than getting help? Yes. Yes we do. Until the circumstances of the latter group changes so that we are merely mocking them, rather than killing them, I will shed no tears about mocking Rachel Luther Queen.

• IJS
      March 16, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Nope. No more protecting fragile white women. STAHP.

She’s a menace. End of story.

21. […] by a former colleague of Rachel D’s at one of the institutions where she taught. In the screenshots, she initially blasts the colleague for teaching a course on intercultural communication for which […]

22. March 5, 2017 at 7:48 am

She needs to get her head examined. Homey saved all the messages from almost 4 years ago. He is greatness personified… I really hope she seeks some help because she’s really a mess. How can we get ahead as a people when we have this clown trying to impersonate us? I need her to have an arena full of seats..

23. Jo Purvis
    March 5, 2017 at 8:10 am

YALL Always mad and yelling at YT telling them GIVE UP YOUR WHITE PRIVILEGE and when one actually does…….YALL STILL MAD? Rachel may have some identity issues but WHO OF US DOESNT? Yall goin to be the first one to cast a stone but as long as u thought she was black it was all good? If a man with a d*ck can wear a dress and call himself “Caitlin” who never had to break a glass ceiling in his/her life and be accepted, What exactly is wrong with this woman who gave up her white privilege and the perks of white supremacy again?????

• aja
      March 15, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Thank you!

24. […] Naturally being in the public light means some stories will surface, especially when you do not have an Olivia Pope at your disposal. Acclaimed blogger Luvvie Ajaye let us in on some gossip that happened to fall on her lap, or rather her Facebook inbox. Where Rachel’s previous colleague at the university she used to teach in tells us about this made-in-china black woman went from hostile over issues affecting black people to thirsting after the man. Said man, an academic initially seeking assistance with addressing issues with racism from a fellow educator, the gentleman was kind enough to provide screenshots. […]

25. PACoug
    March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am

And so it is that Rachel
    Has become the fair Nkechi.
    And while she’s changed her heritage,
    The details are still sketchy.

Since races are just constructs
    In the fair Nkechi’s view.
    We think she’ll go to Africa
    To get her rightful due.

She will, no doubt, be hailed there
    As the newest white/black hope,
    As long as every African’s
    An unsuspecting dope.

It’s fair to fool Americans:
    We beg to be hornswoggled.
    But Africans aren’t quite so keen
    To have their savvy boggled.

26. March 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm

This is…this is–what IS this? I’m so confused! Is this f*ckery? I’ve heard tell of it but never actually witnessed it so I wanna be sure. I mean, maybe it only rises to the level of foolery but it feels like f*ckery. I need verification of identification from somebody. I just wanna know what part of the game is this? Am I the only one who’s never played it before? Are there rules or does everyone’s pieces change color and appearance in the middle of the game? So many questions…

27. Ande Clayton
    March 8, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Hmmm…as cute as the tea was, I am troubled by someone who archived this mess then shared it so it would be publicized. What’s his beef with her? He most definitely has one. I’m not a Rachel fan so not defending her. I am, however, suspect of someone who would go to these lengths to confirm the obvious.

28. Stacy
    March 10, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Just as there are people who suffer from Munchausen Syndrome (the need for people to believe they or someone they are connected to is physically or mentally ill), I think that Rachel actually has a mental defect, we’ll call it Black by Proxy. The thing is, we’re all familiar with stories of people who after living with a person for many years begin to look like their mate. Rachel believes that her proximity to Blacks and affinity for Black culture makes her black by default. Not an excuse, but I think this is a real thing (kind of like the extreme version of Kardashian women’s syndrome).

29. Mrs. C
    March 29, 2017 at 8:07 am

Well said, well-written article. I am really tired of this woman and her insane behavior. We have enough on our plate without having to deal with white people’s mental health throwbacks, again. She the white society problem of their own making and we are invaded as to deal with it.
    Just the last straw between her and a Dillion Roof.