So freshman year of college, me and my friends decided to name ourselves The IGs, short for the Ignants, as a sort of bogus frasority of sorts, because we are just FOOLISH! This has become a movement, with a highly exclusive Facebook group created by me. Now, let me clarify the name.
There is a distinction between IGNANCE and IGNORANCE. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge where it is believed to exist (definitely a negative), while IGNANCE is when one has a SENSE OF HUMOR that is RIDICULOUSLY A MESS (hehe). NOT related to IGNORANCE AT ALL. It’s for all the people who can induce gut-wrenching laughter JUST by being their ignant ol’ selves. Ignance cannot be taught…it’s either you are, or you’re not.
IGNANCE (adj.): when one has a SENSE OF HUMOR that is RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. Usually exhibited by those who can induce gut-wrenching laughter JUST by being themselves.
We even created Ignant Commandments that people who claim “Ig” probably follow (see?? we are pretty senseless at times)
The IGNANT Commandments
1. Thou shalt engage in debauchery and foolery in ALL circumstances and places (school, church, & classy functions included).
2. Thou shalt ROAST at all times, including, but not limited to: hair, clothing, feet, general fugliness, etc.
3. Thou shalt roast in all forms, including verbal, nonverbal, and written – preferably all at once.
4. Thou shalt burst out in song and dance in random places at random times.
5. Thou shalt say things that induce gut-wrenching laughter often, without even trying.
6. Thou shalt not try to be ignant, but find themselves unable to be Un-Ignant.
7. Thou shalt quote at least one of the following movies at least once a day (and twice on the Ignance Sabbath): The Color Purple, Anchorman, Coming to America, and What’s Love Got to do With It.
8. Thou shalt find all non-ignant folks self-righteous and siddity.
9. Thou shalt cause random strangers to smile, laugh, or stare in amazement of the ignance…and want to be your friend.
10. Thou shalt use obscure words to heighten the Ignance, and ensure that it can only be understood by the educated Ignant elite.
11. Thou shalt perpetually refuse all offers of Common Sense.
12. Thou shalt make up new words and use it religiously as if it’s in Webster’s Dictionary itself.
13. Thou shalt be so ignant that we transfer such character to whatever is around us, people and inanimate objects alike (i.e. Sheena’s radio comes on whenever she pauses her TV).
14. Thou shalt make other ignant people want to look at you and retire their ignance.
IGNANT OATH: Let us read from the Book of Ignance; Chapter 4, Verse 33. “And verily I say unto thee, let ignance reign, maintain, and therefore sustain. Amen”
Written, Created, Copywritten, Trademarked, Registered, Patented by Queen Ig (me) & and Ignant Sub-wood