Social Media

Facebook and Twitter are Down: Everybody Panic!

I NEVER blog in the middle of the day, so y’all know that this is severe.

I’m currently rocking back and forth in the fetal position. What has rendered me such? My biggest nightmare. Both Facebook and Twitter are down! I’m sweating. This can’t be life. What am I supposed to do with my time? JUST work????

The multitasker in me is suffering from withdrawal. I don’t even have to be actively doing something on Facebook. But as long as I see the tab as 1 of the 10 I have open, all is well.

fail-whale

Twitter’s fail whale is a truant and has flunked out. The ‘book has been rendered Face-less. What is we gon do? Is this what purgatory is like? A life without social networking? Lawd, if GMail goes down, I may need an intervention!

*scratches neck*
*looks around shiftily*

I mean on one hand, I’m forced to focus on one task. On the other hand… . I’ve fell through a time vortex and went back to 1999! Oh nooo! Do I need to get on AIM right now to have some semblance of eNosiness back? Next thing I know, you’re gonna tell me I need to *gasp* call someone to keep in touch. NOOOOOOOO!!!

*wall slide*

Is the intrawebs collapsing within itself???? The intrawebs is my current web of oppression. Jeebus be some quick maintenance and server upgrades for Twitter and some act right for Facebook.

*continues rocking*

Webiquette Grinds My Gears

Confessions of a Former Hooper

1. Blackberry Molasses/The Rebel Intellectual
    April 7, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Girl, I thought it was just my account. I am frustrated by my lack of money, food and facebook.

**dies slowly**

2. KindredSmile
    April 7, 2009 at 2:21 pm

If you wall slide ONE MO TIME, I’ma start cursing yo name!

And they’re both down? Huh, I ain’t even know…maybe they holding out for some bailout monies

3. amymay
    April 7, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I have seen so much of the fail whale and been so betrayed by the book of face that I went and formatted a whole new blog.

(it’s rocking the RedPump, also, btw)

Thank goodness the boy’s home from school now…enough madness there to keep my ADD at bay!

4. Ms_Slim
    April 7, 2009 at 3:02 pm

LOL you are so dramatical, a la Flav

Girl Im still not back to the land of the Face and Twitter? I think everyone knows my sentiments towards that site already. iCan’t go. lol.

I’m basically on no social sites. And that’s fine with me 🙂

So what do I do? Well I’m usually busy…but even in down periods, I read blogs and I’m on gchat my whole shift. Life isnt all that bad, Ife 🙂

5. The Pretty Brown Girl
    April 7, 2009 at 5:49 pm

That Fail Wahle is the bane of my existence. I’ve had no facebook issues, but Twitter is on my LIST! All day yesterday it was on the flippin’ fritz! By the time night fell, it had taken my default pic! I gave up and went to bed!

6. TheBeez
    April 7, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Oh no Luvvie!! You can make it! My favorite way to cope is getting lost in 90s R&B videos on YouTube- give it a shot! Like Phyllis Ellis of those Cancer Treatment Centers commercials, I'll just say, "Lemme tell you something- we are fighters, and fighters WIN!"

Is it bad that I inject a little bit of Phyllis into my everyday colloquial?

7. Ms. Liryc
    April 7, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I cannot function throughout the day without twitter and aim (talk to peeps) and facebook and my cell phone for bberry messenger.. If I lose any one of those thing I am rendered helpless!! I have to have some sort of way to multi task! Its impossible to just keep to one thing.. what do they want me to do at work? WORK?? Seriously??

8. Katie
    April 8, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I panic like this pretty much any time tumblr is down. I honestly don’t know what I’d do with my free time (or even my not-so-free time) if there were no tumblr. O_O

9. Luvvie
    April 10, 2009 at 7:41 pm

BBMo – Hold me!

Kindred – Sharrap! I can slide all I wants.

Amy – LOL see? So productivity is what happens when social media sites are down? Hmm…

Slim – LMAO @ dramatical. How are you living without em? Madness!

PBG – Oooo ur pic got swallowed by the fail whale? TURRBLE!

Beez – LOL you’re right. YouTube IS a great way to pass my time. And yes. It’s bad that you inject Phyllis into errthang.

Liryc – I know right? What is this concept of “work” and how do you do it?

Katie – I feel you. We’re a people addicted.

10. KIM
    April 10, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Ha Ha Ha! You had me like OMG what happen to this chick… Glad it was only Twitter and Facebook!! I’m like that with blogger. I kicked the habit a few years ago and now I’m back!!

11. suga
    May 3, 2009 at 12:11 am

This is cracking me up mainly because a friend and I had a discussion about working without the internet (pre-2000s) and we just couldn’t understand it. Working, and ONLY working, from 9-5p? HOW?

No, but seriously, how did people do that?