TV

Most Ratchet Acceptance Speech Ever Goes to the Daily Show

The Daily Show is genius and there’s a reason why it wins awards ALLATAHM. ALL OF THE AWARDS! That show is ratchet but so damb smart. And Jon Stewart is hilarity. They just won “Best Late Night Comedy Series” at the Comedy Awards and their staff got on stage and cut a good fool!

*DEAD AND GONE* I am living for these terrible speeches. LIVING, I say! They made sure to say the worst things possible and still had it be hilarious. Imagine working among these people. I’d get my life each and every day. They get to stretch the boundaries of funny but they do it so intelligently. I bet the writing room is chaos. And awesome. I could only DREAM, LAWD!

But yeah, the last dude talmbout “I’ll just like to say that ALF is real and he’s leading a zionist conspiracy that runs almost every aspect of our lives” had me CRYING laughing. It’s also because of how serious he looks saying it.

Daily Show Correspondents

Chile, WIN.

And I know someone somewhere is surely gonna be offended by this and to them, I say you missed the entire point. And go have a seat. \__

So. Whatcha think of the speeches? Weren’t they terrible but awesome?

Joe Biden Shaded and Paul Ryan Drank Lotsa Water: VP Debate Recap

Basketball Wives LA is Failing and I Know Why

1. October 13, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hilarious!! I love Jon Stewart and his whole crew. The last guy who said “Alf is real” is Wyatt Cenac who is also in “Medicine For Melancholy”, one of THE greatest independent films of recent films.

• LM
      October 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Yes! Medicine for Melancholy is one of my faves. Found it on Netflix. Awesome speech,lol

• October 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Medicine for Melancholy is really good. It’s low on dialogue, but I live for films like that–all awkward and real. Great peek inside the day after a one night stand.

And yes, L, Jon Stewart is a genius and his show is, indeed smart and funny. Can’t wait to see POTUS on there on the 18th. Can.not wait.

2. B_Keps
    October 13, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Wyatt Cenac!!! Whenever he’s on the screen I just have to throw my freshest laundered drawls at the TV. he’s hilarious and smart. and fahn. in a wooly sort of way.

• October 13, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Yeah he’s cackle-worthy.

3. Nahjee
    October 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Damn girl, what’s up with the one post a day thing??? U should be posting like 5 stories a day like the other blog sites

• October 13, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Other sites have staff. This is just MY blog. Thanks for the suggestion but no.

• Kay
        October 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

Luvvie,

I’d probably end up unemployed if you posted more than once a day. My coworkers already think I’m crazy when I’m in my office all alone, sittin at my desk cackling like a damn hyenah. Plus, sometimes, less is more.

• Anaconda
      October 13, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Coming out of my loooong stay in lurkdom to say Luvvie is totally not like the other sites. Fall back and check the history. Round these parts there is a post a day for 30 days.

Welcome.

4. MarkB
    October 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Carly said it: “Nobody does it better.” I LOVE group insanity!

5. Deekie Mack
    October 14, 2012 at 12:19 am

I’m so proud of the black girl for getting a job and holding it down as the youngest! She is getting better and better. I forget her name…Jessica right??

6. KayMac
    October 14, 2012 at 11:37 am

Just a mess!!! LMAOOOOO!!! iCackled at the Black chick(i forgot her name)!

7. JV
    October 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm

OMG! I couldn’t breath during the whole thing! Who opens with fluoride is turning our children gay!? The best! Thanks for sharing this!