Kim Kardashian’s Pregnancy Wardrobe is Awkward

When it was announced that Kim Kardashian was pregnant by her not-husband, Kanye West, I just knew she already had her outfits selected for the next 9 months. She was gon be baby baking chic. I assumed. Not sure why, because her style right now ain’t much to love. Well, pre-Kanye, she was all bandage dress everything. Now, she’s been rocking black, white, tan and leather everything. I truly do not know why I was expecting her to be slaying in the fashion department because she was with child.

BUT what I didn’t expect was for her to be dressing so terribly for her new body. Especially since she considers herself a stylist and fashionista. Kim’s growing BAWDY got her all messed up because she’s been making some TERRIBLE fashion choices, even more than usual. Like:

Kim Kardashian Pregnant

What we have here is lace, feathers and leather. ALL ON ONE BUSY OUTFIT! It’s like Kim wants to distract us from her expanding midsection by looking like what happens when Big Bird and Anna Wintour meet. “Dahling. The yellow feather is outdated. Go goth.” NAWL, Kimberly! This ain’t the way to go. Plus, is that a dress or shirt? Because I’m confused and this outfit is too. And those leather pants. I bet she had a hell of a time getting out of them. How much baby powder did it take?!?

And then…

Kim Kardashian pregnant brocade

GIRL! Are you wearing satin high-waisted peplum brocade pants??? What is this? Also, stop tryna squeeze your tummy into things. LET IT BREATHE, GIRL! And peplum is your sworn enemy at this moment. Don’t do it! What is it with these ultra busy outfits of hers? High-waist. Peplum. Brocade. Usually, one of them is good by themselves. ALL THREE? TOO MURCH! And these pants make her look as wide as ALL outside. Like the hills they were singing about the sound of music on. No ma’am! And the turtleneck… she just looks mad uncomfortable.

We cannot forget:

Kim Kardashian pregnant

No. Just… no. How is this outfit tight, loose, matronly and fast? ALL at the same time? From the front, it’s matronly and trying to conceal her tummy. From the side, it’s too damb tight. Homegirl’s yansh is looking massive in it. It’s just all wrong.

*sigh* Oh Kim. Listen, we all know you’re pregnant. Because you and Kanye made sure to announce it the day after you took them off the stirrups at the doctor’s office. So you trying to hide your growing stomach while also wearing tight things makes little sense to me. Embrace the expansion, girl. This is a beautiful time, girl.

Also, please stop allowing Kanye’s emo ass to dress you. Outchea in peplum, brocade, feathers and leathers. And rocking black like your name is Wednesday Addams. Girl NAWL. You got too much money for all of this. Getchu a stylist whose name is not Yeezy. K? K.

Bless Kim’s heart. She’s looked so miserable these past coupla months. I don’t think this pregnancy has been a crystal stair for her. I can’t imagine what baking a person feels like but WOO WOO WOO, KIM! I’m not asking her to be glammed up always. I just want her to put her feet up, stop squeezing her thighmeats into tight ass leather leggings and put on some color to get some sunshine in her life.

So whatcha’ll think bout Kim’s clothes?

Shoutout to Jezebel for this article on Kim’s tacky pregnancy clothes, where I got these pics.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• gabi February 26, 2013, 6:44 pm

I generally have a ‘wear whatever you want’ mindset, but SHE looks uncomfortable, like she doesn’t know what to do? idk. kourtney needs to give her some pointers because she looked great in her kaftans and flowy dresses while preggo.

• Arianna February 26, 2013, 6:55 pm

Yes!! Kourtney looked stunning I don’t know why Kim insists on not looking with child as if she’s embarrassed…

• Lisa February 26, 2013, 8:07 pm

Maybe she’s embarrassed because she’s pregnant to one guy and married to another…

• Luvvie February 26, 2013, 7:04 pm

She’d look dope in some nice caftans. Maybe some maxi dresses. OR pants that don’t make it seem like she gotta take short breaths.

• Ola Blessed February 26, 2013, 7:15 pm

Gabi took the words from my heart!! She really has been looking extremely uncomfortable lately… I’m not very up to date on anything, but the pics I saw of her at a concert in Naija left me wondering who made her so sad! I hope it gets better for her

• Sabrina @seriouslynatural February 26, 2013, 6:49 pm

All three of those outfits are awkward. That’s best word to describe that mess. I’m not sure what look she’s going for but I’m going to assume she failed at all three attempts. I get she is entitled to whatever she wants to wear but I’m with you…give that baby some room and embrace the much more beautiful maternity clothes that are available.

• theMochaPeach February 26, 2013, 6:50 pm

Ya know..Kim is in denial that her ass is spreading like Nutella on that good bread and that she HAS a stomach. I understand wanting to be fashionable but…chile…let it out….why are you SQUOZE in little shit? I hate to say it but Amber Rose looked better pregnant. Which is a damn shame considering Amber got Cracker Jack coins in comparison.

• Luvvie February 26, 2013, 6:54 pm

“her ass is spreading like Nutella on that good bread ” I. just. hollered. You hear me??? HOLLERED!

• Kish February 26, 2013, 6:58 pm

*flatlines* DEAD at Cracker Jack coins!

• Margaret February 26, 2013, 7:08 pm

“Spread like Nutella on that good bread”

Here lies Marg……

Lol

• Kish February 26, 2013, 6:51 pm

I am appalled at Kim. She has no identity or sense of self. She has let Kanye come in, take over her closet, and tell her what she needs to wear. Where do men do this at?? Give an opinion…okay. But tossing stuff out your closet and picking outfits…no ma’am. Buy Kanye a Barbie for all that.

And I don’t think pregnancy is every thing Kimberly imagined. Sweetie, this is not a game called Candyland.

• coco March 17, 2013, 8:37 pm

totally agree …..I feel like she does things to just please everybody else. She should take advice from her sister…

• Amber February 26, 2013, 6:53 pm

I’m over here cracking up! Somebody should send this to Kim, she needs to read this, cause Kanye can barely dress himself.

• MsZ February 26, 2013, 6:54 pm

That middle pic reminds me of Miss Sophia wearing Miss Celie’s Folk Pants! I KNOW there are cute maternity clothes out there—I’ve them!! She’s just….sigh. Nevermind.

• Lisa February 26, 2013, 8:09 pm

YES!! That’s where I don seent ‘dem!! Dey are Miss Celie’s Pants

• dmaclee February 26, 2013, 8:17 pm

DOA @ “Miss Celie’s pants”. Please bury me in my favorite wrap dress. Please and thank you.

• Kell February 26, 2013, 10:09 pm

Not. Ms. Celie’s. Folk. Pants.

Ma’am. MA’AM!!! LMAOOOOOO

• TheMochaPeach February 27, 2013, 8:01 pm

*slain* @ Miss Ceelie’s Folks Pants!! *tears*

• MsZ February 26, 2013, 6:56 pm

*seen them

• India February 26, 2013, 6:59 pm

It amazes me how Luvie will bash the shit out of people commenting on them negatively instead of just letting them be…I remember how butt hurt you got when a couple of your fans mentioned how “skinny” you were …when all we were doing was showing you love …..you can sure dish it but you cant take it…I’m done…..

• Luvvie February 26, 2013, 7:00 pm

Yup. I’m skinny as hell and shaped like a pencil. What’s that gotta do w/ the price of tea in china, doe?

• RozB February 26, 2013, 7:06 pm

Kanye?

• Luvvie February 26, 2013, 7:08 pm

*DEAD*

• dianthe February 26, 2013, 9:13 pm

*HOWLING*

• Rachmo February 27, 2013, 8:42 am

I just bark laughed at work

• StillSuga February 27, 2013, 11:26 am

And I fell out…

• emti February 27, 2013, 5:02 pm

aaaaand i’m done

• Fifs February 26, 2013, 7:11 pm

Commenting on how someone looks a hot mess in certain clothes, is not the same as commenting on someone’s weight. She not once said anything negative about that girl’s body , so please stop with the outrage. You look as absurd as Kim in that second outfit.

• Indiaa February 27, 2013, 10:22 pm

Oh excuse me but certainly you must’ve missed the comment that says n ” her ass is spreading like Nutella” that’s commenting on someone’s weight. All in saying is blogging about the appearance is one thing but making rude comments like that about a pregnant chick is not cool….if you can dish it you should be able to take it…..peace out

• MsMimi March 1, 2013, 1:41 am

The spreading like Nutella was NOT luvvie’s comment, someone else said it and she LAUGHED at it…. so YOU should get the facts before you come for somebody… THATS how rumors get started.

• TheMochaPeach April 11, 2013, 2:10 pm

I said it was spreading like Nutella not to say she is fat but for her to realize she is NO LONGER SMALL! And she’s never been rail thin. She needs to come to terms w/ her baby body…and get fat and happy like Jessica Simpson. lol

• lnedykstra February 26, 2013, 8:23 pm

I would rather be skinny like Luvvie than looking like a beached, maternal whale like Kim. She wants to be so high class … then she needs to take a page from Kate Middleton’s book (oh wait … I think Kim is always jocking for Kate since Kim thinks she is American royalty) and wear clothes that don’t make her look like a pregnant hippo wearing Prada. That’s just my opinion …

• AH February 28, 2013, 11:37 pm

Don’t try to make Kim the poor innocent victim. We all know who she is, how she got famous, and the awkward situation surrounding her pregnancy. She no angel or saint so SAVE IT. There was nothing stated in this post that isn’t true. The woman dresses badly for her body shape and has no real sense of style. It is what it is… but just because you don’t agree that doesn’t give you the right to attack the blogger. Go somewhere!

• nichole February 26, 2013, 7:00 pm

Kimmy was no good with peplums BEFORE her pregnancy so it’s no wonder they wouldn’t work now.

With the money she has I just wonder why she doesn’t buy a mirror for her home. If she had one, she WOULD NOT have walked out of the house in those outfits.

• Terri February 26, 2013, 7:01 pm

Things I have taken away from this post:
    1. high-waisted peplum brocade pants??? What is this?
    2. rocking black like your name is Wednesday Addams
    3. thighmeats

Had I read this at work I would’ve been in trouble for cackling out loud!

iDemand to know how you come up with these things. This is truly the Best Blog Ever!

• Yana February 26, 2013, 7:13 pm

lmfaoooo @ “thigh meats” !!! Poor Kim. Your stylist should be fired!

• Maya February 26, 2013, 7:18 pm

Thighmeats doe? I am unable to can!!!

• DNLee February 26, 2013, 7:36 pm

Man, those pants look like mom jeans with a skirt in the middle.
    I am so sad at this.

• circa1908 February 26, 2013, 7:41 pm

Luvvie, can you put “dead” (a take on like) status options under folks responses? I so would’ve died multiple times over at your reader’s responses

• K.Nicole February 26, 2013, 8:06 pm

I’m hoping this is her brilliant strategy of distracting us from the fact that she is STILL not divorced from Kris Humphries, but has Kanye’s Lovefruit in her belly.

• Jasmine February 26, 2013, 8:17 pm

I saw a pic of her on a website and you could clearly see her still wearing those damn spanx. Skin must be hot and sweaty. Poor thing.

• RozB February 26, 2013, 8:22 pm

Kim let a man who wears leather skirts with plaid shirts and Nikes go in her closet, throw everything away, and then dress her in the way only somebody with several personality disorders can. She is doing the most with this entire situation. She is wearing pants that have her butt looking like she is wearing Depends underpants, shirts that are fighting to stay in one piece, and shoes that look like they are turning over.

You are right, Luvvie. This is not the Kim we know. I expected her to be wearing bandage dresses with the expanded belly area and 8-inch Louboutins(?) And posing in see-through lingerie and pearls – all while being directed by her mama. Instead Kanye has her dressing like a fancy Michelin Man. so dead. o__/\

God bless her, and Imma let her finish, but Beyonce had the best pregnancy EVER! BEST PREGNANCY EVER!!!!! *throws the mic down HARD*

• StillSuga February 27, 2013, 11:28 am

I really need you to quit trying to get me fired Roz!! Hahahahahaaa

• emti February 27, 2013, 5:07 pm

and isn’t she friends with Bey now? Can’t she get some tips from her?

• dianthe February 26, 2013, 9:36 pm

first of all – peplum should be worn my no one ever – it doesn’t hide your tummy, it calls attention to the fact that you’re trying to hide it

second – Kimmie ain’t a mama yet, so why is she trying to tock those 1992 high-waisted mom jeans?

and third – can someone please give Kimmie my number? because i’m about 3-5 weeks behind her (estimating) in my pregnancy with my 3rd baby and my waistline increased about 5 minutes after the pink line appeared – i can give ol’ Kimmie all kinds of tips about what she should and shouldn’t be wearing – starting with anything that binds her waist – just wait til she’s *really* big and uncomfortable – she’ll come to her senses and throat punch Kanye for forcing her to wear that nonsense

• Jerica February 26, 2013, 11:42 pm

So this is a third pregnancy thing?! Pink lines a week later I look pregnant and we weren’t even trying to tell people yet.

• Andrewella Jordan February 27, 2013, 12:52 am

I’m kind of confused

• Andrewella Jordan February 27, 2013, 12:59 am

I’m kind of confused.’

• Serenity February 27, 2013, 8:58 am

Thinking that Kim K would have a stylish pregnancy means that you thought she was stylish to begin with. She wasn’t.

It is my hope…. That she gets fatter than Jessica Simpson did and be unable to lose the weight. No matter what WW, Jenni, or nutra system does.

She is a whore…. wait that was harsh…. she is a courtesan. She gets what ever she gets and I hope that comes with an incurable venereal disease.

• A-O February 27, 2013, 10:06 am

I Love your blog. Read it everyday..Still catching up on back entries..
    But I’m gonna have to go with I really dont care on this one and no one else should either..IMO.

• shadgg02 February 27, 2013, 10:55 am

amen

• southernbelle February 28, 2013, 1:02 am

You came + you commented = you care
      Your welcome.

• Bre February 27, 2013, 11:01 am

Girl…iQuit you at “rocking black like your name is Wednesday Addams” I almost fell out laughing. I’m telling you, one of these days I’m gonna get that pink slip for disorderly conduct and it will be because I was reading this blog LOL.

• emti February 27, 2013, 5:04 pm

we all are! Luvvie better make room at her place and bring out the guest sheets we’re going to have to move in

• Christie February 27, 2013, 9:52 pm

I am still in denial about the whole thing. I’m just wondering if the baby will have her original face or Kanye’s big head.

• Moni February 28, 2013, 11:05 pm

She really started effing up when she fired her stylist (when she started dating Kanye). She can’t dress for nothing now, and she is clearly confused/in denial about how pregnancy changes your body. That baby is going to have a dent on its head from her tight ass waistbands. *throws hands up in defeat, walks away*

• karamacan March 12, 2013, 2:35 pm

Soooo true.

• Daniel Ben-Zvi March 1, 2013, 1:36 pm

Even putting aside the style issue (and these clothes are butt fugly), there is a stunning level of body ignorance going on. Someone needs to explain to Kim that certain parts of the body tend to grow during pregnancy and that, perhaps, you might want to dress in a way that doesn’t draw attention to *every single one of them at the same time*. What she’s wearing isn’t making her looking stylish (and pregnant women can be *fierce*, believe me), it’s making her look like twenty pounds of sausage stuffed into a five pound casing. That’s not a flattering look for *any* woman, pregnant or not.

• cory nicastro March 1, 2013, 8:42 pm

When I first started reading this, I specifically thought that I was definitely not going to comment on anything because I don’t understand, in general, why people spend so much time commenting on women’s fashion choices.

Then I saw all the pictures…and now I can never unsee them. 🙁

Sighing,
    Cory

• gigi March 9, 2013, 6:21 pm

She got big faaaaast! She looks fat, not pregnant

• karamacan March 12, 2013, 2:34 pm

She is so worried about how she looks that she can’t even enjoy or appreciate the experience. All that money and she doesn’t have sense enough to hire a fabulous seamstress and create a wardrobe, instead, she is bringing about the one thing she is said to hate which is criticism. Poor example of what motherhood and carrying a baby is al about.

• Ceci March 12, 2013, 10:38 pm

She looks like Shamu!!!! with that dress on yuck!

• Ambar March 20, 2013, 12:18 pm

The best thing for her right now would be maxi dresses or clothes that are soft and that flow. It looks like she is still trying to impress Kanye with all that hard, edgy shit she has on while still trying to be pregnant and big. She is not allowing the process to be natural and is squeezing her stomach in because she is so used to wearing super tight clothing. Kourtney looked fab pregnant and should possibly borrow some tips or even clothes from her. Its all about looking like a chic hippy during that time.

MENU