Ne-Yo’s Instagram Breakup Note is Wack

Celebrities complain about how they have no privacy because paparazzi, TMZ and everyone wants to know about their lives constantly. Some of them do have a right to whine, but others know damb well they enjoy the attention, especially when THEY bring it to themselves.

Yesterday, Ne-Yo the slack-jawed yokel (whose music I DO enjoy) posted a pic to his Instagram account announcing the breakup of him and his fiancée (and mother of his 2 kids), Monyetta.

Neyo Instagram Breakup

O_______________________O

Ok this is wack for a couple of reasons. Why is he announcing their breakup at all?!? Ne-Yo is not one of the celebs that a lotta folks check for on a regular basis. Folks don’t post outside of his house clocking his coming and going like they do for the Kanyes and Beyonces. So if he broke up with his lady, he coulda kept that private for a while, until like 8 months down the line when we’re all “Oh wait. We haven’t seen them together in a while. I guess they’re over.” So essentially, WE’ONT CURR! Except we kinda do because we’re talking about it. But that’s because I roast a lot.

Second of all, this note is so damb wack. It’s like the template “I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU” thing that folks say to each other during breakups but only about 15% mean it. Psht, I know when I’m through with someone, I don’t plan on always loving them. I’ONT LOVE THEM HOES!!! HA!

Girl BYE gif

BYE NE-YO! He coulda used one of the many apps out there to create something better than this. And he coulda written one that doesn’t sound like “Breaking Up 101” material.

If you gon write some sort of post-breakup love note, you better include some Pablo Neruda sweet poetry so I know it’s real. Shoo… he coulda kept it. I’m petty.

I think this was tactless but Monyetta’s prolly cool with it so I’m just throwing a fit on her behalf.

Anywho, ladies, Ne-Yo’s single! Don’t all line up at once!

So whatcha think bout this note? Would you appreciate a “we’re done but I still love you” public declaration from your ex? Tell a G.

P.S. FYI, if you ever date a writer, poet, musician or whatever, don’t expect them to write stuff about you all the time. Lower those expectations. You’re welcome for the heads up.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Teefah June 30, 2013, 12:25 pm

SMH Neyo…no one really cares. It ain’t that serious. It did not warrant an IG post. Get over your self

• Joy Boston June 30, 2013, 12:26 pm

Ain’t nobody checking for no square-head azz Ne-yo…… Please…..

• Betsy Ice June 30, 2013, 2:56 pm

ROTFL @ square head

• missjai July 1, 2013, 10:21 am

dying laughing

• FYF June 30, 2013, 12:30 pm

“And did he have to use MS Paint to create this graphic? He found the fuzziest pic of them possible and then opened up Paint in Windows Millennium to create this picture with a note that a 12 year old coulda written.”

MTE! That shit was embarrassing alone. There are FREE WEBSITES that you can use now to make a better looking picture.

• phoenixrose360 June 30, 2013, 12:30 pm

What ever happened to what happens in our relationship, stays between us…why must everyone(celebrities and the rest of us) advertise everything that goes on?

• Rampage3 July 1, 2013, 7:55 am

So when people see him with some ‘strange’ this coming holiday weekend no one has a fit.

Maybe it was cheesy but if it works then more power to him. I have found that a lot of guys do stuff for and with women that no one understands but them.

• Danielle June 30, 2013, 12:31 pm

I just want to say I love the Jem & The Holograms gif, even if it is of one of The Misfits!!! Oh, and Ne-Yo could have definitely kept that break-up gram. That’s not necessary, even if Kanye was the one to do it. Have some class about yourself…geez

• Cha! June 30, 2013, 6:38 pm

You peeped Jem too! I think Luvvie is too young for Jem…

• Britane Stewart June 30, 2013, 12:32 pm

I said the same thing. Celebrities talk about wanting privacy on their personal lives yet dumbasses like Neyo really makes you think that they really want their names to be in blogs for something like this. I had totally forgot that he had a woman; that just goes to show how much attention I give to his love life

• Annie June 30, 2013, 12:33 pm

Gay marriage is now legal in most states. Ne-Yo should be coming out of the closet in 5…4…3…2…

• Alex June 30, 2013, 1:33 pm

Thank you!! I was wondering when someone was gonna address the elephant.. Cover up no longer needed.. Lol

• Randomly Jazzy July 9, 2013, 7:12 pm

I’m waiting for his coming out gram.

• Nikki June 30, 2013, 12:35 pm

Doesn’t he write and sing love songs for a living? This is the best he can do? I would be more upset over this sorry ass Instanote than our breakup.

• Kathy June 30, 2013, 12:35 pm

I saw this as I was scrolling through my iG, but didn’t hone in on it because I thought it was just a throwback of some sort because of the blur. I didn’t even bother to read it. Now, I loves me some Ne-Yo, Gawd knows I do, but this was just petty. I don’t care about your break up. Drop a new single.

• Pammiegirl June 30, 2013, 12:36 pm

Jem was enough to make this a riot for me!

• nicholeycola June 30, 2013, 12:40 pm

Thia ninja is a songwriter for Christ sakes! He couldn’t come up with anything better than this Trinidad James nursery rhyme bullshatt?

• Kwan June 30, 2013, 12:42 pm

Neyo -_-….c’mon son. I mean I guess if she’s okay with it but it’s so unnecessary.

P.S. LMAO at “slack-jawed yokel”.

• Dee June 30, 2013, 12:44 pm

I think he posted this because he was letting another woman know it is over between him and Monyetta. He had to confirm it for the other woman.

• E June 30, 2013, 12:47 pm

The Supreme Court did just pass the law on Marriage Equality. Now Ne-Yo can be with his REAL boo legally.

Come on….don’t act like ya’ll ain’t know! When his Frank Ocean 2.0 album drops at the end of the year, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

• Max June 30, 2013, 12:48 pm

Ugh. This is worse that a post-it note breakup. At least you can throw it away. When are these mouthbreathers gonna learn the internets are forever? Unlike that relationship.

• Carey June 30, 2013, 12:51 pm

‘If you gon write some sort of post-breakup love note, you better include some Pablo Neruda sweet poetry so I know it’s real.’
    Hilarious!! 🙂
    And I would cringe if my ex put a ‘goodbye, I still love you’ note up for all the world to see! (What is he trying to prove??)

• Christie June 30, 2013, 1:04 pm

Uummmmm….Ne-Yo has an IG? Shrugs and walks away….

• Dee June 30, 2013, 1:04 pm

I am here for this Jem gif. The only reason I am even commenting.

• Nikki Bee (@nikkib1920) June 30, 2013, 11:42 pm

GIRL. I am HERE for Phyllis/Pizazz and that slap.

• Jabari June 30, 2013, 1:05 pm

Even tho I really on’t curr, we really all kinda sorta saw this coming….I mean Luvvbug, you say urself, his gloss do be popping…. #ijs

• Pierra J June 30, 2013, 1:16 pm

His next album is going to be the SHIT!!!

• RozB June 30, 2013, 4:06 pm

She probably got tired of him serving face while wearing her MAC lip stain.

Seriously, this is incredibly childish, trite, and just plain old ratched. He coulda kept this to himself, wrote some songs, and twerked his way across a new Beyonce video.

• dianthe June 30, 2013, 5:22 pm

i didn’t even know Ne-Yo was engaged – i certainly don’t care now that i know he’s not

• Daniel Ben-Zvi June 30, 2013, 7:37 pm

Dear Lord…even if this was from a Bey or Ye level celebrity, this would still be some ticky tacky triflin trash. Who the hell even thinks that *doing* this is a good idea much less doing it this *badly*?

• KK June 30, 2013, 8:57 pm

This is normally what happens when you have kids with a man that’s not your husband. Now you’re a single mother Monyetta…c’mon chile. DO BETTER.

• Dawn June 30, 2013, 11:22 pm

I’ll tell you what I think….Wayminit….Is that Gem “Truly Outrageous” slappin the piss out ol gurl?!?!? Lol That gave me life Luvvie!

• ChaCha July 1, 2013, 11:06 am

this bout tickled me silly!!

• Marsha S. Haneiph June 30, 2013, 11:27 pm

It is said that social media seems especially designed for narcissists but to announce a break-up via Instagram is so darned lazy.

• Veronica June 30, 2013, 11:31 pm

I sang the “Ne-Yo the Slack-Jawed Yokel” part. 600 cool points for the Simpsons reference!! BUT. That’s mad cheesy, dude. Take it to Twitter for cripe’s sake. Or use textgram and put a pic. He got the social media game all messed up.

Po lil Tink-Tink. We shall provide him with all the seats and a quiet time taco.

• Ashamai June 30, 2013, 11:36 pm

So..wait….he has shaved off his beard? #ijs

• Luvvie June 30, 2013, 11:38 pm

I see what you did there.

• Jocy July 1, 2013, 6:20 am

Well played. *slow clap*

• afro-american July 1, 2013, 8:20 am

LMFAO Ashamai, best comment ever!!

• Deja July 1, 2013, 7:58 am

Uh, Ne-yo isnt dating John Legend?

• K. Nicole July 1, 2013, 9:09 am

Lipgloss game proper at George Lucas and Melody Hobson’s wedding last week – http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/untitled%20folder9/LucasWeddingNe-Yo.jpg

This chick on the side is why he did the IG breakup thing, this is not homegirl Monyetta.

• ToneNotTony July 1, 2013, 12:22 pm

Why is he looking like Ms. Lawrence in this pic? And who is his date, the chick or the old dude?…

• ChaCha July 1, 2013, 11:01 am

now he can come outta the closet.. clever ne-yo, cleeeeeeverrrrr..

• Malikka Michelle July 1, 2013, 11:13 am

I had to read this for the laughs. I’m dying, but I understand every single point that you’ve made. Ne-Yo has been the behind the scenes star. When he has a hot single he’s noticed, but not too many pay close attention to his personal life unless he calls attention to it. Like now. It could’ve been left in a text or he could penned it into a love songs. He’s good with stuff like that.

• Imjustsaying July 3, 2013, 12:10 am

Ne-yo… We never believed you were into the womens at all. “We don’t believe you, you need more people”. And by people, we don’t mean John Legend, Miguel, and well, you…. No Instagram pic needed, just have a seat…

• Sane Jane July 12, 2013, 2:42 pm

It may be just me, but I have always thought Ne-Yo has been taking eyebrow-arching lessons from First Lady Cameroon……

MENU