Famous folks

This Old Clip of Rihanna Singing is the Real Reason for Side-Eye

Rihanna is one of the biggest rock stars at this point because she’s young, beautiful and loves mayhem. And she happens to sing. Or at least she gets on a stage with a mic and notes come out of her mouth. So in THAT regard, sure you can call her a singer. Just like you can call the author of “50 Shades of Gray” a writer because she picked up a pen.

I’d say “no shade” here but I just threw so much that shade that the stars are wondering if they need to come to my house to provide light.

ENNEHWEIGHS, I was sent a link to the video below (tweeted by Ri-ri’s archnemesis Teyana Taylor) and I laughed so hard I hurt my throat.

*DEAD* Rihanna outchea sounding like a dying cat who’s fighting against the inevitable. Like ma’am. Them high notes you’re tryna reach are running away from you. Stop chasing them. “There’s a hero” who realized she couldn’t sing this song so she didn’t attempt it. I’m just saying.

But what made this video so cackle-worthy was the the AMAZING mashup of shade that followed.

Chaka Khan looks fed up.
Dionne Warwick is like “Girl… WUT?”
Patti LaBelle is like “I don’t have time.”
Beyonce is like “Who gon tell her that was terrible?”
Aretha is unable to deal.
And Rock and Roe just don’t understand.
Maggie Smith is like “WELP! We’re done here.”

And Shady Grady Cat wants to add his thoughts with one look.

Cats giving epic side-eye

“What the hell was that, bro?”

Bless young Rihanna’s heart. She tried. Well, new Rihanna is slightly improved vocally but she must NEVER EVER attempt another Mariah Carey song. EVER. In her life.

What did Rihanna sound like to you? Methinks she sounds like scattering roaches. But that’s just me.

P.S. I admit that I wrote this whole post just so I could have a reason to use this picture of the shady cat. I’m so here for him. He is indeed my spirit animal.

Play the Scandal Crossword Game with Me and Chescaleigh!

Scandal is BACK! Season 3: Episode 1 Handled It!

1. Aimee
    October 2, 2013 at 8:07 am

Shady Cat
    Shady Cat
    Who is bugging you…

• Lexi
      October 2, 2013 at 9:10 am

leave me here lol!!!! no mam you did not just Phoebe lol noooooooooo!!!

2. Shar
    October 2, 2013 at 8:12 am

Bol!!!!! I am all the way done with you for this! Bey’s face tho!!! Those babies!!!! LOL

3. Sharaina
    October 2, 2013 at 8:20 am

That clip was taken from the Youtube webshow Got 2B Real. I’m sure you’ve seen a few episodes. If not……please get on it.

• Sharaina
      October 2, 2013 at 8:22 am

Nevermind, I just saw your post on that. Lmao

• The Dyv
      October 3, 2013 at 1:38 pm

“Got 2B Real” is everything! I’m so sad that she ended the series.

4. October 2, 2013 at 8:22 am

She sounds like a goat with mono…

• Shakira
      October 3, 2013 at 12:04 am

*throws shoe at you* STAAAHP!!! I’m about to keel over! ctfu

5. natpeck
    October 2, 2013 at 8:49 am

luv, you gotta find the vine of the cat pushing another cat down the basement/attic opening (whatever) . it is hilarious.

6. Carla
    October 2, 2013 at 8:51 am

This right here gave me EVERYTHING I needed this morning! And am I the only one thinking that Shady Cat & Grumpy Cat need a playdate? That would be awesome. lol!

7. Lexi
    October 2, 2013 at 9:11 am

Rihanna reached on that one but i love the shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaadddddddddde that followed lol!!!

8. October 2, 2013 at 10:17 am

YESSSSOOOOOOHHH my Nigerian sister you have given me life with that clip….at work dying!!! RiRi needs to have several seats.

9. Renners
    October 2, 2013 at 10:18 am

lord chaka is like no ma’am! and even dem babies are like no. just no!

10. Queens_reign
    October 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

she put the “P” in Pitch…

11. MsTwix
    October 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

That look on Dionne Warwick’s face is everything and it made my hump day much sweeter! I also love how RiRi’s arm was all up in the air like she did something… gurl have an entire stadium of seats with that screech/yodeling you call singing. My ears hurt.

12. October 2, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Just leave me here, slumped over my desk….

13. Christine
    October 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

CACKLE!!!! That’s almost as epic as Faith Evans trying to sing! I say Teanna 1, Rihanna 0

14. Carriecnh12
    October 2, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Yes people who agree with me, that child cannot sing,sang or carry a tune or note, they are too heavy or high for her to reach and take off the shelf. This was at a talent show one of a few she sang at when she was in school, and let me tell you this was not the worst.

As a Bajan I feel no sense of obligation to .the undefendable, as someone from the Caribbean and being in choirs, I take the gift or in her case the burden of singing seriously.

Bajans have no problem booing people when they get up on stage talking bout they can sing, we booed Ashanti when she came down there to sing, the girl was just off key and out of time purposely.

This last Gif is what I want to do every time I hear her music

15. elaine
    October 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Bahahahaha! Maggie Smith is EVEREEETHANG!

16. Carriecnh12
    October 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Luvvie it is not throwing shade if you are telling the truth, it is called shedding light.

Miss Whitney should be added to that mashup.

For this look and movement says and expresses all that is wrong with calling Robin Fenty a singer.

Every time I hear her sing or see a video I just wanna,

17. Carriecnh12
    October 2, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Everytime I hear a Rihanna song or see a video this is my response. Luvvie it is not throwing shade if you are telling the truth, it is shedding light on the situation.

This child can’t carry a tune in a bucket, or reach a note high on the shelf as evidenced in this video.

18. shaleen
    October 2, 2013 at 3:59 pm

did you see that tweet about that beef?

It’s beyond shade.

• Kwan
      October 3, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Honestly I thought that tweet was weak simply because Teyanna didn’t pay for that party. Now All that ranting this was the only tweet Teyanna should have sent and she should have won THE WHOLE DAMB argument.

19. curlykiki
    October 2, 2013 at 4:06 pm

as we say here in the south, “well, bless her HEART.” *smh*

• Sunny
      October 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Oooooohhh girl I know what you said. Next we’ll be telling her to kiss our grits.

20. Jabari
    October 2, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Ma’am, madame, mademoiselle, “Hero” was not made for you…..

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1VOpilJ1qmdciEli <———stay here and do it for ratchets!!!!!!!!!!

As for Luvvie and the ignant fool who spawned that vidjo, I will be forwarding the bill from my funegro to y'all cause THIS!!!!!

21. October 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm

YASSSS, this Got2BReal clip has given me LIFE all over again! GAH, I wish Patti LaHelle was still making them! Anyhoo, my buddy put me up on that horrific FULL VIDEO of Robyn slaying notes with her machete tonsils….the thing that murked my soul the mostest was that she WON FIRST PLACE in whatever kind of “talent show” that she was “singing” at. Lawd, Barbados is starved for talent if this bish won the top prize!

• October 2, 2013 at 5:42 pm

“Machete Tonsils”. You win comment of the day, and I am slayed.

• Shakira
      October 3, 2013 at 12:07 am

Yes!!! “Machete Tonsils” is everything!!! *hands over award*

• MsTwix
      October 3, 2013 at 10:11 am

“Machete Tonsils” No Puedo!! Here lies MsTwix, beyond murked with this comment. Thank you ma’am LOL!!!!!!!

Sidebar: Gladiators unite tonight!!! 🙂

• October 8, 2013 at 12:20 am

*bows* thank you ladies, I do try! lol

22. October 2, 2013 at 5:39 pm

My dog was looking at my laptop like the RCA dog! I am choke-laughing with Cheeto dust everywhere. This would not even be accepted at that talent show in Coming to America: “Sexshall Choklit, y’all!” *crickets*

• Shakira
      October 3, 2013 at 12:09 am

Dammit Roz you gone make me choke on my frosty beverage ctfu

23. PoetrysTruth
    October 2, 2013 at 9:48 pm

She need her own movie…Pitch Imperfect.

My soul was not ready for that fuqqery and bloated goat bleating.

24. ToodySezHey
    October 2, 2013 at 10:08 pm

As Mariah Carey said to Rhianna in the series finale of Got2BReal..

“Girl…Nike wouldnt even check for you…”

Note that the Nike logo the swoosh looks awfully like a check mark…

….aaaaaaand Im out.

25. October 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Methinks she sounds like scattering roaches

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! OMG Luvvie EYE HOLLERED at this.

Haysoos be some RAID! #dead

26. Carriecnh12
    October 2, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Now as a proud Bajan I am defending my peoples cause we can sing (mt sister has some pipes). Miss Robyn Fenty cannot sing and she had no place Winning that travesty of a “talent” show, she won cause of looks.

That chile cannot carry a tune in a bucket or reach the notes on the top shelf as she was clearly trying to do.
    P.s. Luvvie its not throwing shade if its the truth, it called shedding light on the situation 😉

27. Jamaal
    October 2, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Here is the whole episode from where that was taken on Got 2B Real
    I have gone back over the years to watch all them because of the all the shade

28. Kamesa
    October 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG that was SOOOOOO funny! I had my hand over my mouth because I’m at the library watching this. Imma go watch it again! LOLOLOLOLOL!

29. WhiskeyOnTheRox
    October 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Teyana Taylor has gained a new fan. A fan of what I’m not sure, but a fan nonetheless.

30. Carriecnh12
    October 3, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I just want to apologise for the multiple comments, it was the computer not me, had some crazy glitch. Just wanted you to know I’m not some crazy lady. 😀

31. October 3, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I’m here for the cats.

32. Camille
    October 5, 2013 at 9:47 am

My daughter loves Rihanna. She even convinced me to take her to the concert when Rihanna rolled through Atlanta a few months ago. (If I were a blogger, that experience would be worth a week of posts) My daughter even admits that “performance” is bad, but when I showed her the comment that the child sounded like scattering roaches, she ran from the room, talmbout “that’s not nice!” Maybe not, but neither was that performance.

33. Drea
    October 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I thought Kerry Washington was your spirit animal?

• October 8, 2013 at 4:42 pm

LOL yes. I have many spirit animals. My spirit is versatile. My other spirit animal is Serena Williams’ yansh.

34. October 8, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Well it seems Rihanna has already learned her lesson. She knows the right songs to use and gets positive response from most of her audience. I wonder what the Shady Grady cat has to say now though. 🙂

35. Lisa S
    October 9, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I need medical attention!!!!…my ears are bleeding!!!

36. Dannon K. Stewart
    October 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Don’t make fun of RhiRhi. She’s the Princess of China.

37. Kel
    August 12, 2015 at 10:13 pm

What do i think? Me thinks me found the right blog when i typed, ‘Rhianna sounds like a cut cat’, and then to see my current favourite cat funny picture. . . . I can now get on with the rest of my week – thank you