Famous folksSocial Media

Jaden Smith’s Philosophical Tweets Are Socrates’ Worst Nightmare

The Smiths (Will and Jada an’ ’em) are an interesting bunch but Jaden Smith is proving to be quite the newsworthy one. He’s BFFs with Justin Bieber (who seems to be tweaking more and more every day), he might be dating Kylie Jenner and all his pants seems to be from MC Hammer’s wardrobe circa 1990.

jaden-smith30

Plus he refuses to let his forehead be great, always looking worried. It’s as if he is in charge of the entire world and the burden makes him so unable to do anything but look perplexed in pictures. Jaden is always worried for all of us collectively.

And now, we’ve been exposed to Jaden Smith philosophy through Twitter. Lawd. I wish he’d just stop. Also, I want him to stop capitalizing every word of every tweet.

Below are 7 tweets from Jaden that make me wanna dropkick him in the kneecaps. Teenagers can be so annoying.

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.43.53 AM

YES BECAUSE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW HISTORY?!?! O_______________o

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.43.39 AM

This dude is really outchea thinking he’s Socrates’ great grandson.  Sir, bye!

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.44.51 AM

Taking that “wise babies” concept thing a tad far, ain’t we?

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.46.50 AM

What he is RIGHT NOW is insufferable. How does he not annoy himself?

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.44.32 AM

Trees are somewhere like “YOU DON’T KNOW OUR LIVES OR OUR STRUGGLE!” (-_-)

Jaden Smith Tweet

Because what the world needs is LESS education. O____o. I get that he’s critiquing the school system but if he doesn’t go occupy EVERY SEAT in his path! LAWD. And maybe if he went to school, he’d know more about capitalizing things. (-_-)

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.44.07 AM

Yes. He SHOULD just stop tweeting. His “juvenile” philosophy indeed because this is some childish stuff.

And he’s just 15. Can you imagine this dude at 25? GAH! This is what happens when privilege meets lack of real world relatability meets a know-it-all who went to one too many Scientology classes.

What do y’all think about Jaden’s tweets?

Kenya Lies, Cynthia's Health and Kandi's Mama's Hateration: RHOA Season 6, Ep 2 Recap

Lady Gaga's Latest Outfit is a Sight for Sore Eyes

1. Shevy
    November 12, 2013 at 3:23 pm

LMAO @ “How does he not annoy himself?”

• Sun
      November 13, 2013 at 6:58 am

Im with Luvvie and really, really want to know

2. November 12, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Mad at the scientology classes tho lol. He’s ridiculous but since he’s never been in the real world he probably doesn’t realize it and that’s just sad. He’s a spoiled rich kid so we can’t really expect him to be anything else.

• Carlius Hardin
      December 16, 2013 at 12:12 am

Scientology classes? You really need to stop believing in the media. Will Smith and his family, never has been, nor currently believe in Scientology. He’s already denounced the claim on numerous occasions. That’s Tom Cruise that you’re thinking about.

3. November 12, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I am an educator. After typing this, you will find me laying on the cold garage floor, in a near catatonic state like Cameron Frye on Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, reconsidering my role in society.

#ShutHimOff
    #WhyJesusWhy
    #StupidKidMakingAllMyStudentLoansIrrelevant

• Shani Peterson
      November 12, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Omg I died!

• Monique Thiswaythatway Hill
      November 12, 2013 at 5:21 pm

LOL! That’s funny!

• WhiskeyOnTheRox
      November 12, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Laaawwwdd…I just hiccuped, snorted and laughed at the same time.

• Niki
      November 12, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Not like Cameron Frye!!! #DEAD

• dmaclee
      November 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I’m an educator also and I just want to send Sallie Mae a copy of his tweets and be like, “I’m not paying y’all for ‘ish”.

• November 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Ha!

• Jabari
        November 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Please CC and add me on the email #kthx

• Randomly Jazzy
      November 12, 2013 at 6:19 pm

lmao @Cameron

• kwan
      November 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Hahaaaaaaaaaaa Cameron was the true depiction of UNABLE. His name should be an adjective.

• Shakira
        November 17, 2013 at 4:12 pm

You just might be on to something. We’re spreadin that around!!! When we are just all outta CANS, we Cameron!

• nichole
      November 12, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Hats off to you and your throwback reference to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

• Christy
      November 13, 2013 at 11:22 am

ROFLMBO!!! You speak truth.

• DEM
      November 13, 2013 at 9:41 pm

From one educator to another, I am probably as annoyed as you by young Mr. Smith’s sophomoric tweets. (Though you would never find me laying on a cold garage floor, only lying on one.)

• RavenJ
      November 14, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Let my Cameron goooooooo….

• Jay-Z
      March 31, 2014 at 11:11 am

Golden comment! KW for president!

4. November 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Some people should be banned from a keyboard. I also want some people’s soap boxes taken away permanently.

5. November 12, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Why does he look like he would say “Eeeewwwww…work?!?!?!? With my hands?!?!?!?!? Why don’t you appreciate my mind?!?!?!”

Meanwhile, Willow is somewhere saying “Now y’all see my struggle and who I gotta live with.”

6. November 12, 2013 at 3:40 pm

He’s so obnoxious, but he is 15 so that’s to be expected.

7. November 12, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I wanted to remove my eyeballs and then hand them to Jaden so that he could remove his eyeballs and replace them, hopefully having a wiser view of the world. I would wear his eyes in my sockets and trade them back with Jaden when he is 25 so that he could have a more holistic view of the world during those 10 years when he received his own eyes back.

I have been reading too many of his tweets.

• Liz
      November 12, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Ahh, man. You drank the Kool-Aid too!!! Lmfao!!!

8. Kiss
    November 12, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Can Jaden be rebuked as a Smith? I love all of the rest of them. But between his forever worried expression and faux world weary tweets, I think he may need to retire…. from life.

9. Opal_nda_rough
    November 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm

If he’s do enlightened then why doesn’t he know that at 15 you don’t know shit?

• November 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

YES!! THIS!!!

10. November 12, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Words fail me….I’ve got a theory, maybe he’s not ahem…quite himself when he tweets….or maybe someone else writes his tweets….there has to be a logical explanation….right?! And for the love of…what’s with the forehead and those squint-up eyes? Is someone following him around shining 200W bulb in his face??? ~seriously~…..

• The Ajax
      November 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm

When Will hazes him about that it is so FUNNY. I like their little playful back and forths.

11. IBeThePapi
    November 12, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Will should have let the man from Pursuit of Happyness raise his kids.

12. DuchessCadbury
    November 12, 2013 at 4:37 pm

He’s what Kanye would’ve been like had Twitter been around.

• cc
      November 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Lol!! Yes a 15 yr old mix of Kanye and Tyrese…

• November 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

YESSSS!!! That is the PERFECT description of his tweets!

13. Ashley
    November 12, 2013 at 4:38 pm

He needs a snickers.

• mizzpicklezz
      November 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yes!!! LOL!! He tries to be Aristotle when he is hungry!

14. Dani
    November 12, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Yeah, these tweets say, “I’m 15 and obnoxious.” Typical.

15. November 12, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Jaden needs to take his faux angst and follow the instructions here the next time he decides to share his ignorance in 140 characters or less: http://goo.gl/irXKFv

I guess if I had kelp for brains, I too would look perpetually worried.

Here’s hoping he never is within 500 feet of Tyrese.

• Lilybet
      November 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

LMAO @ kelp for brains!

16. Monique Thiswaythatway Hill
    November 12, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I Was 15 Once And I’ve Had Three Children Who Were All 15 Once And I’m Glad We All Turned 16, then 17, then 18, then 19…etc.

Let that teenager pontificate. His efforts to analyze and deliver an opinion are proof that he has a brain, which is a muscle in need of exercise. Let us hope that exercising his brain will eventually lead to enlightenment. Let us further hope that he doesn’t say too much now that he will be embarrassed about later on in life. That’s where his parents focus should be.

• Monique Thiswaythatway Hill
      November 12, 2013 at 5:26 pm

On a side note…we have got to leave these kids alone. Doesn’t matter if they are kid stars or the children of stars…they are still children. Done.

• Niki
        November 12, 2013 at 5:43 pm

O__o

Ma’am, I’ve started and deleted so many responses to your message. I just can’t figure the proper way to address your post. So I’m just gonna leave it at that.

• The Ajax
      November 12, 2013 at 5:42 pm

My thoughts exactly. He’s fifteen years old and expressing what he can at that age. I think it’s wonderful when young kids and teens express things beyond the superficial. Granted, he probably went off to smoke and skateboard on a spaceship after that but I still think it’s dope he’s forming philosophical opinion. I think as a parent that’d be something to be proud of.

• Lee
        November 12, 2013 at 6:38 pm

he probably went off to smoke and skateboard on a spaceship after that

I cackled at the imagery.

17. WhiskeyOnTheRox
    November 12, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Jaden shut yo ass up and go sit the hell down somewhere (said in my mama’s voice when she was tired of us).

18. November 12, 2013 at 5:49 pm

That Scientology ain’t no joke. SMH.

19. November 12, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Dear Jaden, Shut Da Hayle Up! Signed, The General Public

• Roz R.
      November 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Thank you.

20. MsMWins
    November 12, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Jaden has seen one too many memes of fake Will Smith quotes & is tryna get his meme shine on, too. That’s the only rational explanation I can come up with.

21. Lee
    November 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm

But how you gonna forget that “How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren’t Real” tweet? That one was EPIC.

22. November 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm

If All Children Were Born To Wealthy Parents, The World Would Be A Richer Place

23. November 12, 2013 at 7:11 pm

He sounds like a tool. Hopefully, he’ll grow out of it.

24. Sticky-n-Sweet
    November 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

From Here On Out, I’m Typing Like Jaden Smith. How Long Do You Think It’ll Take Until I Get Fired? #RealEyesRealizeRealLies

25. November 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

He is clearly NOT an good example for home schooling smh…

26. Lilybet
    November 12, 2013 at 7:54 pm

What. An. Ego.

But, as many have said, he is a 15 year old and most 15 year olds have an inflated sense of self anyway, let alone if they are celebrity 15 year olds.

With luck and a dose of reality he might grow into a normal human being but given the Scientology, probably not.

27. Cyndi D.
    November 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Truth is, at least he has some sort of thoughts that are somewhat tangible. Which is more than I can say for most young people within his age group. Hell, most of them only care about Lil Wayne’s next album release & their next hook up.
    He’s a young man folks, not 27 years old!
    I find it interesting that he’s being held to such a high standard by adults, IJS.

28. November 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

It’s funny b/c it’s sad.

he’s the unintelligent dope he “philosophizes” about.

29. mootsiepoo
    November 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Sure, it’s cute–he thinks this is deep and profound and to other 15 year olds, it probably is. My problem would be with him thinking he’s wiser than his elders. That’s just bad parenting.

30. nichole
    November 12, 2013 at 10:04 pm

“In youth we learn; in age we understand.” `Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

One of the greatest lessons he could learn is when to be quiet.

31. Chris
    November 12, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Jesus God this is why I am soooo thankful we did not have “social media” when I was 15! Jaden needs to get a diary and record his angst for posterity THERE, then he can burn it when he gets older and gets some sense! Luvvie, you are hilarious, as always!

• My Name Is Whitney
      November 13, 2013 at 6:28 am

My thoughts exactly! When I reread my journals from that time period, I’m always grateful that I made it through because whoo Lawd! He needs to learn that’s it’s fine to express, but everything doesn’t merit world wide sharing.

• nichole
      November 13, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Social media or not, you know our mamas wouldn’t put up with any adolescence nonsense like this. My mom provided me access to the arts, restaurants, summer programs and camp, etc. But if I started spewing this type of “juvenile philosophy” pony and pig tails would have been snatched.

32. Shay
    November 12, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Lawd have mercy at his botox bills when he is 17….that childs face looks like the dog from Turner and Hooch!! Seriously, though, its cute he thinks a little deeper than the average 15-year-old.

• Shay
      November 12, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Oh…the word “deeper” was meant very loosely…but he is only 15 🙂

33. janel
    November 13, 2013 at 1:25 am

Plain and simple, the kid’s a douche bag. The end.

34. ginab52
    November 13, 2013 at 1:52 am

He’ll be alright. My youngest son was also ‘full of wisdom’ in his teens; he’s now 30. He recently let me know that he realized he was quite the ‘tool’!

35. Sun
    November 13, 2013 at 7:01 am

Somebody take his Wise Creep shopping for some pants. Who combines Hammer from the 90’s with SkinnyLil Wayne from today?

36. Me Talk Pretty
    November 13, 2013 at 9:14 am

This is why I thank God every day I don’t work at a high school. Thanks to all of y’all that put up with that age group all day for the rest of us.

37. Christy
    November 13, 2013 at 11:20 am

What do *I* think about this child’s tweets? Hmm-mm, I think after #1, iCant. No ma’am.

38. Lennette
    November 13, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Pretty soon, the only “follower” he’ll have will be his own shadow! But then again, his shadow may just “unfollow” him too!

39. Absurdist
    November 13, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Oh, for the days when people felt comfortable about smacking other people’s kids for getting out of line.

40. November 13, 2013 at 5:27 pm

OMG. Ok all of his tweets make me want to offer this boy several seats, but the one about history really disturbed me. Here I am trying to teach middle schoolers to appreciate their personal histories and Jaden Smith has the ability to undo any sense of appreciation with one senseless tweet. I’m going to need someone to sit this child down and help him to understand that history is the key to understanding the future he wants us all to look to. I am really disappointed in him.

41. funkmysoul
    November 18, 2013 at 3:32 am

I really cannot stand psuedo-“deep” people like this. They are infruriating. What’s worse is people buy into this, and gass these same people into thinking they’re some kind of revolutionary. STAHP.
    The tweet about history is complete BS. Of course you should know your history!
    I don’t want to dismiss Jaden because of his age, but really how much does he know at 15? On top of that, let’s be honest he’s a rich kid. Nothing wrong with that per se, but come on. Take several seats Jaden.

42. Harpsiccord
    January 27, 2014 at 9:06 am

Jaden Smith, you just 2deep4us, aren’t you?

The really annoying thing about it is that they’re tweets. So he can say these little things without backing them up or explaining them and people are forced to interpret or read into them. If someone is able to find meaning in what he says, he gets credit for being “brilliant” and “Deep” without actually doing any work. And sadly, a lot of people will agree with what he says because they’re afraid that if they don’t, they’ll seem stupid or too unsophisticated to “get it”. What a bunch of snake oil. 3deep5me, Jaden.

43. Sean
    February 5, 2014 at 7:23 pm

From what I’ve read from the comments and whoever wrote this, you’re all a bunch of Id*ots. Jaden is actually expressing quotes of relative importance to today’s society. Maybe if you all knew how to think, you could have a better understanding of what he’s trying to say and stop looking at him like he’s the Id*iot.

1. We’re so hooked on teaching everyone on how we fu*#ed up in the past that we’re not teaching anyone on how we can fix it. There’s problems in the world, all of which relates to his other quotes, that nobodies doing anything about but just sitting there being ignorant about it.

2. The “wise babies” is the fact that babies are not molded or influenced to how society wants them to be, until we go school, that is. In school we are taught to work, push papers, make a living so we don’t die. I agree with that, but while we are so focused on that, we’re not going anywhere as a civilization, we’re not evolving in any way and we have turned into a bunch of ignorant pr*cks who couldn’t give a f*%k about anyone else but ourselves (not aimed at everyone). I could go on, but if you’re smart, you should be able to figure it out yourself.

And last of all, when he talks speaks about people to un-follow him and to stop tweeting, it’s because you’re all too dumb to understand what he’s really trying to say.
    So stop being a bunch of retards and learn how to understand people better and THINK, don’t judge things you don’t have the capacity to understand.

• Ryan
      February 17, 2014 at 12:36 am

He needs to stop capitalizing every word. Its painful.

• feelthehurt
      April 13, 2014 at 1:33 am

Butthurt…Butthurt eveywhereeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Harris Thot
      October 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm

1. Ignoring lessons from the past will help to change the future, yeah. As well as civilizations don’t build themselve on inheritance of past knowledges, do they ?

it just a rich star kid who has no clue and apparently no interest in the fights for rights and justice that allow him to live confortably where he is today. Come on.

2. Newborn babies are almost digestive tubes with a bit of emotion. Human beings live in society and so influence or imitate others. It’s actually how many young animals learn : by imitation. We’re all influenced in the end at some points. It doesn’t mean we are stupid. Anyone without any past experience or knowledge like newborn babies are would actually be the stupidest being on the planet.

Seriously, he’s just a common teen who like many doesn’t like school. His life and this society have only made him popular and arrogant enough to make medias receptive to his pseudo wisdom. I just hope when he’ll be a little older, he’ll stop to tweet like a Jean-Claude Van Damme on cocaine and start to learn about real philosophy and real metaphysic. Personnally, I did it at school.

44. […] of thoughts so deep that logic doesn’t have anything to do with them. I wrote a post on how Jaden’s Smith’s are Socrates’ worst nightmare. He says things like “I Should Just Stop Tweeting, The Human Consciousness Must Raise Before […]

45. […] Jaden Smith’s Philosophical Tweets Are Socrates’ Worst …2013. 11. 12. – And now, we’ve been exposed to Jaden Smith philosophy through Twitter. Lawd. I wish he’d just stop. Also, I want him to stop capitalizing every …https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2013/11/jaden-smith-philosophical-tweets.html […]

46. Adam
    October 19, 2014 at 1:29 am

Actually I’m proud of him for embracing philosophical inquiry, something that he’s curious and maybe even passionate about. Obviously he’s going to have to refine his reasoning skills, but you can feel the wonder in his words. At least it’s authentic. I’d much rather see him do this than try to sell us his “wannabe ghetto” rapper image. Fake people make me cringe.

47. guy
    October 28, 2014 at 7:04 am

it’s just a kid getting crazy in his head from all the media, attention, money, etc. I feel bad for him. His life will never be normal

48. […] you wanna see Socrates worst nightmare, read Jaden Smith’s tweets. He’s known for such gems as “We need to stop teaching the youth about the past and encourage […]

49. […] you wanna see Socrates worst nightmare, read Jaden Smith’s tweets. He’s known for such gems as “We need to stop teaching the youth about the past and […]

50. […] you wanna see Socrates worst nightmare, read Jaden Smith’s tweets. He’s known for such gems as “We need to stop teaching the youth about the past and encourage […]

51. Sheldon Lazarus
    May 16, 2015 at 4:09 am

People have become quiet analytical of this guy. He’s young and his mind works in a different way than most of yours. Why are you even analyzing him anyway? He’s 17 and still growing. You would think that people would try to write about more serious issues, than a kid trying to find himself. To get Jadens tweets your mind would have to work a certain way. I used to laugh, but now I understand most of them. of you know the lifestyle his parents live you would kind of understand why he MAY be fucked up mentally. His wisdom may not be on your psyche’s horizon, therefore you cannot see his point of view