The Top 10 Awesomely Luvvie Posts of 2013
2013 has been a FANTAWESOME (fantastic and awesome) year on AwesomelyLuvvie.com. My traffic tripled from last year, with more people discovering my work and more opportunities came my way. I definitely hit my jig just thinking about it.
As a space that covers pop culture, TV/movies, technology and social issues, my blog is where I come to rant and rave about what I care about, what I enjoy and what I’m about (and I created a Luvvie Glossary)! So it’s just dope to know that I can connect with folks on a grand scale through my randomness! And your HILARIOUS comments have made writing here a blast!
Below are the top 10 posts I wrote this year based on how many people read it (not counting any of the Scandal stuff), in case you missed it:
1. #PaulasBestDishes: Best Twitter Hashtag Ever – After details of Paula Deen’s bigotry surfaced through a lawsuit, Twitter roasted her for hours with this hashtag.
2. USA Today Called The Best Man Holiday a “Race-Themed” Film – Because any movie with Black people has to be about race, right? FAIL. O__o
3. When the Internet Calls You Teef Keef and Teef Sweat, You Lost – This dude not only tricked folks into thinking his daughter was kidnapped, but he had the nerve to have veneers in his mouth that looked like white refrigerators. The roast of his teeth made me laugh until I cried. He was also called Mouthful Luther King, Jr. and Toother Vandross. LMAO!
4. Halloween Has a Blackface Issue and It’s a Racism Problem – Because this year, folks more than TRIED IT with their Halloween costumes. Blackface was EVERYWHERE but it is more than a Halloween issue.
5. The Bitstrips Abuse on Facebook Must Stop – Besides the fact that people are posting Bitstrips cartoons every 4 seconds on FB, if you’re gonna create a cartoon of yourself, make it look like you.
6. Michelle Obama Let a Protester Have It and I Approve! – While speaking at private fundraiser, Michelle Obama was interrupted by a protester who had demands for the POTUS. But FLOTUS was not there for that. OOP.
7. Jessica Alba’s Honest Company is Trying to Bully Honest Toddler – Honest Company asked Honest Toddler to delete its social media accounts or it “could get costly.” Now they’re blocking Honest Toddler’s trademark app. SHAME!
8. Stages of Twitter Dealing with a Beyoncé Event – Every time Beyoncé does anything (sneeze, take a pic, perform), Twitter descends into multi-hour long messfests, with her stans dragging any and everyone.
9. Falling is a Habit for this Poor Graduate – The moral of this story: Learn to embrace flats, especially when you’re walking across a football field. And only rock shoes you can walk well in.
10. Whose Mighty Mouse Swag Brother is This? Featuring Roast From My Readers – Because rocking jeggings and a lycra bodysuit in real life when you’re built like the Incredible Hulk and Mighty Mouse’s baby is probably not a good idea.
So check out what you’ve missed, share the ones you like (on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr etc.), and keep telling folks to check this site out. Your support is why my words have travelled further than ever before and I’m so thankful for it. You’ve all really allowed Awesomely Luvvie to become an eHome.
Many of you have told me that I’m your friend in your head. Well, the feeling is mutual. You know we go together! *HUGS*
See you in 2014, y’all! I’m back and ready to write!
What has been your favorite post on my blog from this year?