My Week in Facebook Statuses: Volume 1
I spend more time on Facebook nowadays and I’m actually preferring it over Twitter. I never thought I’d see the day. Yes, news gets there much slowly (and I will still shade it for that) and it’s terrible for information hogging but I can’t help it. FB is winning me over in a way it hasn’t in a couple of years.
It’s not just because it gives space for extra words. Actually, I like Twitter for forcing us all to be more concise and I’m a pro-tweeter (on that speed vs. accuracy goonship). But lately, my Facebook profile AND my fan page have both been popping. I’m fortunate to have a community of friends, family and readers who are totally about that life and they make FB so fun. I literally cackle at some of the threads because of the comments I get.
Sometimes, what happens in FB ends up as a blogpost for me and other times (more times than not), it just gets buried in my newsfeeds. So I’ve decided to share some of my statuses from the past week about all things pop culture, life and randomness.
* To my fellow grinders and ultimate hustlers. To those of us who are on conference calls at 8pm. To the people who spend Friday nights in front of the computer building their empire. To those who are punished by 1099s. To the ones who pause when someone asks what they do because they don’t know where to start. To those who have 7 active emails because each one is for a different business. To the entrepreneurs, the writers, the artists, the dreamers, the risk-takers, the leap first and pray for a net folks… I salute us and I rebuke carpal tunnel. Also: let’s continue to nap like Kings and Queens! HERE HERE!!!
* “Real women have curves.” WELL SHIT! I must be made of plastic then! (-_-) Also, being petite doesn’t mean we don’t have curves. Real women breathe oxygen, dambit.
* I love men who aren’t afraid to smile. There is something that is so charming about a man who smiles with his whole face. Do men know that? Do yall realize that we love when you smile (and show teeth)? If so, maybe yall would take less pics mean-mugging. Don’t be walking around looking like Kanye. It doesn’t even work for Kanye himself.
* The fact that folks are questioning breastfeeding pics on social media while they’re participants in #TittyTuesday is fascinating. Let’s all post pics of our boobs as avatars for consumption by strangerbishes just because it’s the day after Monday. YAY! But DO NOT SHOW A BABY GETTING NOURISHMENT FROM BREASTS! EWWW. Oh. O________________O
* My kids are gonna be so mad at me. If they whine or cry for no reason, I’ll record them, make a gif and put it on the internet. Then I’ll drop it on their FB wall for their friends to see. I’ma be that petty parent and I look forward to it.
* I’m not against plastic surgery because sometimes you wanna get a nip/tuck to enhance your #SelfOfSteam. Do you. I’m against BAD surgery. When you’re going under the knife for some new boobage, that ain’t the time to bargain hunt or buy a deal off groupon. Folks are outchea looking like 2 volleyballs are sitting on their chest. NAWL, B! I’d be like “show me the best.” Who did Kelly Rowland’s? Can everyone use him?
* Are they using Apple Maps to look for that Malaysian plane? I mean…
* The way folks have been reporting on the death of designer and model L’Wren Scott is so wack. NY Times’ tweet was: “Mick Jagger’s Girlfriend Found Dead.” As if 98% of her life that she led before going out with him made no damb difference. In death, women are far too often defined by who they were with instead of what they did and that’s a giant shame.
Mmhmmm. Anyway, drop thoughts below. Also, folks can join the Awesomely Luvvie fan page and FOLLOW my personal profile. I don’t add people as friends unless we actually know each other (either in real life or online). I love y’all but I can’t add everyone as a friend. I like tricking myself into thinking I privacy still exists.