Remy Ma and Papoose: Together Through Bids and Blond Bangs

Nowadays when people break up because one person’s shoes are ugly, it’s great to see some folks buckle down and stick with each other.

He’s a grown ass man who goes by the name Papoose (on purpose) and has every NYC borough tattooed on his fingers. She’s named Remy Ma and went to jail for 6 years for shooting a woman in the stomach over $3,000. They’re both rappers. This is the love story that Sister Souljah wished she wrote.

remymapapoose

Separately, they sound like an SNL skit that I’d be offended about but together, they’re in a lovely union, married for 6 years. The marriage of Reminisce Smith and Shamele Mackle is going strong. In fact, they got married in 2008 after Remy Ma went to jail and they had those conjugal visits popping every 6 weeks.

Last week, she got out and who was there waiting for her? Papoose, rocking a #TeamRemyMa tshirt. I don’t know if it’s because of old age but that’s beautiful dinnamug!

Before she got released, Papoose had a countdown going for her freedom. He even got her upper body tatted on his forearm earlier this year in honor of bae. Because: LOVE. He’s so ride or die for her! YOU MIGHT WANNA HATE BUT THAT IS LOVE! #OrangeIstheNewBlackLove

haters gon hate gif

Meanwhile, today, we found out that Ciara and Future broke up. Who could have thought that Future was not an upstanding man? So what that he has 5 kids with 4 baby mamas? WHO’DA THUNK IT?!? >_> Everyone can’t be as solid as RePoose. o_o Nayvadius (yes that is Future’s real name) can’t even hold Ciara down through post-partum. Be like Papoose, my dude.

If Remy Ma and Papoose can make their marriage work through her 6-year bid in the pen and them blond bangs, shouldn’t you give love a chance? I’m just saying.

Who needs Twilight when you have this??? NOBODY. Someone should make a painting of them in the tradition of those other Black love ones where the couple are kneeling in front of a fireplace butt nekkid looking like they want to swallow each other’s faces. So #romantical!

GIVE LOVE A CHANCE!

love Deserve gif

P.S. Word on the streets (and from Remy Ma) is that there’s a reality TV show coming. Will I be watching it? Is the rent too damb high? HELL YEAH. I can’t wait. Can they be an entire season of “Love and Hip Hop” by themselves?

P.P.S. If they break up tomorrow, remember the good times and the fact that they came this far. But let’s not speak of it. We need RePoose to keep our hope alive.

P.P.P.S. Y’all send our sister Ciara some good vibes. May she heal thru this tough time and not fall in love with another ingrate. May her heart do the Matrix back-bend for a dude who is worthy of her love. Amen, Saints.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Mason's Oreo August 13, 2014, 1:59 pm

Love. So beautiful. Say what you want, you can’t hate that he stuck by her for better or worse. Some people can’t make it past lunch without acting foolish!

• Erin August 13, 2014, 2:06 pm

Nayvadius can’t even hold Ciara down through post-partum. Be like Papoose, my dude. #iCan’t I’am officially dead! LOL!!!!!!

• T. Espi August 13, 2014, 2:10 pm

I was unable to comprehend anything after Nayvadius. #TakeMeOutTheGameCoach

• Randomly Jazzy August 13, 2014, 2:26 pm

How does one pronounce that creative monstrosity of a name? See…this is love, where a dude will hold you down and not complain about having to hold you down. he’s your main cheerleader, and that’s what we all need in life. I want to kick Future in the space boots for that wackness.

• josie August 13, 2014, 5:36 pm

Main cheerleader! Love it

• The Nigerian-Jamaican Prince August 13, 2014, 2:49 pm

Can we acknowledge that RePoose has been married as long as BeyJay?

• M August 13, 2014, 4:31 pm

Was the release taped? Did she jump on him the way Whitney did Bobby?

• Mary Burrell August 13, 2014, 5:44 pm

“Nayvadius” Wow. SMH

• notconvincedgranny August 13, 2014, 5:56 pm

Why does his name make me think of Laverne & Shirley’s theme song?

And that gif…my new spirit animal

• maljazur August 18, 2014, 7:57 pm

Lol @ “spirit animal.” I feel you, doe. Oh, to be so free!

• Carla Wynker August 13, 2014, 6:03 pm

LOOOl! Luvvie you’re so mean! You can’t mock someone’s love like that. By the way, Nayvadius O_O. Throw this in the weird baby name file.

• PoetrysTruth August 13, 2014, 6:30 pm

I ain’t giving no kudos or attaninjas for this dude. Call me a bitter bish, He ain’t got no gainful employment, she said on Sway that he visited her everyday ALL day 5 days a week, for the first year I believe. Why it happen? He knows where she is 24/7 and he’s free to do whatever or whomever he wants. Yeah he was hitting it every 6wks, but I don’t have faith he wasn’t having his side coochay whilst she was braiding her cellmate’s hair. If there is a reality show, I’ll patiently sip my tea while the side piece family makes their appearance. BUT she won’t leave ’cause he “held her down” during her bid.

And for the record that hair is fucking disgusting. Basic ratchet shit! Probably cost her 1k from ling ling’s hair supply.

• MimiLUvs August 13, 2014, 9:08 pm

Oooh… That was bitter.

Bitter like the “break baby” between a Sour Patch Kid and a wedge of lemon.

• mrsrony August 17, 2014, 9:46 pm

OoooWE…tell em why you mad!!!

• ktori0928 August 14, 2014, 12:46 am

I’m not completely sure what a papoose looks like….but he looks about right.

• Zainah August 14, 2014, 12:18 pm

“May her heart do the Matrix back-bend for a dude who is worthy of her love”

I seriously lost it LMAO

• WowJustWow August 14, 2014, 3:38 pm

So many gems in this posts. It’s totally funny but filled with insightful commentary about how shallow people are nowadays about marriage.

I cried at ‘Nayvadius can’t even hold Ciara down through post-partum. Be like Papoose my dude’ and ‘This is the love story Sista Souljah wished she wrote.’ And I was sent over the edge by the ‘May her heart do the Matrix back-bend for someone worthy of her love.’ Tears, I say, tears! You have no behavior.

• Queen August 18, 2014, 5:40 am

You had me at “breaking up because one persons shoes are ugly” 😛
    But that gif gave me life lol

• Moni August 18, 2014, 7:52 pm

And the real marriage now begins! Until you start sleeping with, waking up to, cleaning behind, having disagreements with (living with on a full time basis) your mate on a daily basis then your not experiencing a true marriage. Those 6 years were a vacation, now it’s time for the real test. Marriage takes effort, work & partnership. I wish them the best.

• Angel from your nightmare August 19, 2014, 11:16 am

Very valid point… Nayvadious though?

• Pyvsi August 22, 2014, 6:54 pm

I’m still picking my jaw up from the floor from #orangeisthenewblacklove.

• Gdo August 13, 2015, 8:48 am

Just reading this again from my FB memories. Lol. Ur prayers we’re heard though. 👐👐👐👏👏👏

• Denise February 26, 2017, 8:29 am

Looks like your prayers worked for ciara!

MENU