Kim Kardashian’s Paper Mag Nude Shoot Bores Me, But(t)…

Let me save some people some trouble and just start by saying that Kim Kardashian knows how to get our attention and she wants publicity and she gets it and yes we are all sheep for talking about it and you’re the noble one for not caring enough about it and there are indeed kids starving on the south west side of Cambodia’s north side.

Now that I’ve gotten that out the way, feel free to NOT leave a comment here or anywhere I post this link asking why I’m talking about this. The answer: Because I want to.

Anywho,  Kimberly did a shoot with PAPER Mag called “Break the Internet” and she’s butt nekkid, greased up and assed out. The shoot was done by Jean-Paul Goude who is replicating a shoot he’s done before.

Kim Kardashian Paper Mag Nude

Nori’s mama got the innerwebs going nuts and I’m here with my thoughts on it. I tweeted my thoughts so they’re in the Storify below. If you can’t view it on this page, read Kim Kardashian’s Paper Mag Nude Shoot Bores Me But(t)… on Storify directly.

P.S. I have pinned that tweet to the top of my Twitter page. It will stay there for a day. I want us to get to 500 RTs of that tweet. WE CAN MAKE IT. YES WE CAN! #BreakTheWorld #SeeIdrisNUDE

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Margaret November 12, 2014, 2:29 pm

Yes to #SeeIdrisNude Yasss God!

• Milaxx November 12, 2014, 3:30 pm

It’s boring and unimaginative. At this point we have all seen Kim’s butt. Now the first picture with the champagne glass shows a sense of humor. Even if it is a rip off off a more famous picture, it cheeky excuse the pun. The second picture is just boring.

• Gayer_Than_Thou November 13, 2014, 8:32 am

The fact that it’s a direct copy of the photographer’s previous work is kind of the most damning critique of all (if there needs to be a damning critique).

• CrazyGerbilLady November 12, 2014, 3:39 pm

Three, four years ago, I was rooting so hard for Kim. Because I thought there was a lot more to her than…well, what she usually presents. But there’s not. And I’m not going to lie, that kinda makes me sad.

That Naomi Campbell photo, Dita Von Teese, Grace Jones’ nudes that you mentioned, etc make me proud of my body. They makes me appreciate the beauty of femininity. When Kim does it…it feels sleazy. It makes me feel embarrassed for her.

And then Kanye is trying so hard to make people take her seriously. Because it would be an ego trip for him (creating her in the image he sees acceptable for the woman in his life) and not really because he believes in her.

It’s like she’s not even a real person anymore, but a caricature of a woman. Look at that first picture where she’s nipped, tucked, stuffed and photoshopped to death. Meh…

• Samantha November 12, 2014, 4:02 pm

Why is Kim out here looking like Yzma after a month of Thanksgivings?

• M November 12, 2014, 4:29 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! *dead*

• willtwerkforcupcakes November 12, 2014, 4:02 pm

I am here for the #seeIdrisNude movement!!! We’ve been teased enough, Idris!!
    In regards to Kim.. I have nothing more to say but to LEAVE US ALL ALONE girl….

• irene November 12, 2014, 4:42 pm

I get this is Kims brand but I thought that she would be working on trying to present something different to the world She seems to be a pretty savvy business woman, but she seems to think that this is all she has going for her. I get that shes proud of her body and she is a beautiful woman but there are other things out there
    that she can present to the world.

• Debra Jenkins November 12, 2014, 5:48 pm

I am so done with the KkarTRashian and West fraud, he wants her to be respected for something other than a THOT and live up to his Yesus status but they are both a big joke, chile have a seat. Idis lets get those pics up asap.

• Marcelo N November 12, 2014, 6:02 pm

Kim Cash-Dash-ian’s latest what?
    Sorry, sir… we’ve been rendered temporalily unable to provide any dambs.

• irene November 12, 2014, 6:20 pm

People are calling her out for being a mom
    I dont think thats fair
    A lot of actresses have chosen to do nude sex scenes arent some of these actresses moms?
    A lot actresses refuse to do sex scenes, Julia Roberts for one
    Lets not shame women for their choices

• notconvincedgranny November 13, 2014, 2:55 pm

Agreed. There are plenty of moms doing nudes; but the Kardashians get called out because they are overexposed (see what I did there?). Is it their fault they are followed everywhere, or is it because, for good or bad, people pay attention and comment whenever they inhale and exhale?

I’m at the “don’t hate the player hate the game” point of it all. If there is no market for a commodity, the market will dry up. As long as there is profit to be made, that commodity will be milked until it becomes a dry, dusty husk. Call ’em trash, call ’em whores, they can call bank every day because SOMEBODY likes ’em.

• Shay DeShade November 12, 2014, 6:49 pm

Idris Elba nude….

#dead

I am HERE for that. With a front row ticket. And a big hand fan.

• Daniel Ben-Zvi November 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

I may be running a bit of a risk with this comment but so be it…

Maybe it’s the excessive use of photoshop in the pictures but do these shots look…well, *gross*…to anyone but me?

Let me be clear on a few things straight out: I’m not talking on the whole “she’s a wife and mom” tip, that’s not even an issue in my mind. I am also not trying to body shame Kim K. I’d have the same concerns about any woman who came out looking like Kim K does in these shots.

It’s just the sheer unnaturalness of these photos that gets to me. Kim looks distorted and warped, like she’s barely even human. I know she’s proud of having the best ass money can buy but the way it’s presented in this shoot just makes her look like a fembot. The model in the original “champagne” shot looks natural, like a human being. Kim…well, *doesn’t*.

• Marcelo N November 12, 2014, 7:33 pm

Sorry, I should have written here but I replied separately instead 😉
      It came out two posts below.

• irene November 12, 2014, 8:32 pm

I agree with you theres something not very attractive about these pics she almost looks plastic and unnatural. too much photoshop?l
      l

• Leny November 12, 2014, 7:23 pm

How is this different than Nicki Minaj and her album cover?

• Gingersnap November 12, 2014, 10:56 pm

It isnt. Nikki is less relevant but equally wiggity wiggity WACK!!!!

• islandista November 13, 2014, 4:38 am

Because Nicki’s song and album cover were trying to make a point about:
      1) the hypocrisy of the mainstream appropriating large chunks of black/hip hop culture but then being repulsed by the black manifestations of it. Hence the common dichotomy that when a white person does/possesses something seen as black (cornrows, big butts, rap) they are celebrated as trendy, groundbreaking etc (see: Iggy Azalea, Vogue’s ignorant article on big butts being in fashion) but on blacks it’s often viewed as tacky, threatening etc. Nicki’s song and I’m particular the album cover was about defiance to that and she has said as much in tweets and interviews.

Kim’s photo is about nothing else than being seen and Paper mag has said as much with their ‘break the Internet’ headline.

So there are assed out pics and assed out pics. Some have the point of highlighting and defying hypocrisy, some have the point of being seen.

• Kim K's Greasy Butt November 13, 2014, 10:01 am

In other words Nicki was attention-whoring just…like…Kim. The end.

• Marcelo N November 12, 2014, 7:28 pm

@ Daniel
    I feel you, man. If I weren’t so #UnableToCare about this female, we might even have a conversation.
    Thing is, there are so many issues to be gotten on all of this, I guess this may not be the right context even. I feel you on photoshop, I feel you on unnaturalness, I feel you on distorted and warped. We’ve come to a point where image manipulation (as well as various other media manipulation) could be even thought of as a form of art, was it not the fact that so many people have been forced that as a parallel reality down their throat.
    And to think we are supposed to be the climax of 4-billion-years’ evolution… just pains me.

• Maxine Shaw, attorney-at-LOL November 12, 2014, 9:38 pm

Idris nude? Jut wait for K. Michelle’s phone to go missing. You know ALLLLLL the receipts are on that thing.

• scallywag November 13, 2014, 3:57 am

The question now is with the release of the full frontal images (oh dear) what else will Kim do to break the internet all over again? Another adult film? Au natural with Kanye? Or does Kim just have carte blanche to show us mere mortals how to live as she goes beyond parody and into the hyper surreal…?

• Kayla November 13, 2014, 7:45 am

Chelsea Handler posted her version of naked photos to poke fun at Kim’s but also bring up the point that Instagram shows favoritism and is biased. Instagram took down the topless photo. But why is she greasy looking, it kinda devalues the pic. Between the scrippas, video models and the daily thirst traps, I see naked women everyday thanks to Instagram.

• Marcelo N November 13, 2014, 7:50 am

@ Luvvie et al,
    Come to think about it, I’m seeing some connections between your latest posts, this one and the one on Devante: now the pix of Cash-Dash-ian in full ta-tas and love pocket have come out (oops, leaked!), one is able to better appreciate the poney-rolley she is sporting as well.
    Things in common, just maybe not.
    Anyhow, I was delighted to see that the entire portfolio came across as “Sexy Without Being #Vulvar” 😉

• JAFRIQUE November 13, 2014, 10:48 am

This pic reminds me uncomfortably of Sarah “Saartjie” Baartman. smh

• Michele November 14, 2014, 11:24 am

I’m meh on this whole think but your first paragraph had me church jogging. If I see one more “If only as many people who are tweeting about Kim Kardashian voted last week, blah, blah, blah…” tweet I’m gonna hurt that person’s feelings. These twitter/social media cops make my butt itch (see what I did there?).

• Michele November 14, 2014, 11:25 am

*thing*

• scandallover November 15, 2014, 5:21 am

I’m part of the ‘she’s a mother’ crowd as I think photos like this belong to the private realm for you and your hubby. And I can’t help but wonder what kind of message is this sending to North? You gonna hang this picture on the family wall and tell her: clap for mummy, she don good?! But then, she probably would. The pictures are sexual and photoshopped and I don’t think that something your baby needs to see or absorb in a world that is already giving out warped messages as it is. Yes, there can be a distinction between a naked body and being sexually available: my interpretation of the picture is that it blends the two. And how come no-one sees Kanye running around nekkid? How can Kanye complain about media intrusion and harrassment and then tweet this picture with #ALLDAY as if we are meant to be jealous of what is going on in his home? He’s not serious, KK is not serious…adn to be frank, I feel sorry that she wants to rinse out her body to the max. The girl should find a way to evolve.

MENU