Rihanna’s “Bitch Better Have My Money” is the Freelancer’s Freedom Anthem

Rihanna BBHMM

The cover art for the single Bitch Better Have My Money

Rihanna the Bajan Goontress just pulled a Bey and dropped a single out of the blue. It is titled “Bitch Better Have My Money” and it is clearly singing the freedom song for freelancers everywhere. She’s strumming our pain with her fingers and singing our lives with her words.

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE SUFFER TO GET THESE INVOICES PAID??? Remember the time I had to stage a sit-in at a company who was almost 2 months late overdue on an invoice? Shit. These Net45 terms ain’t loyal and will have you eating ramen noodles and kale (shudder) because you’re broke.

I’m here for you, Ri-ri. HERE, I say! Yes, the lyrics are simple and hella repetitive but the beat drops and you get the point across. I will be doing a shoulder lean (sharrap) or two to this. And whenever one of my invoices is late being paid, I’ma just send them a voice note that’s just this song so they know how I’m feeling. Come up off them coins because the struggle outchea is real!

I wanna hang out with Rihanna one day because her love of all things foolish is admirable and I think we’d have a blast. And she gives so few dambs that she made the cover of this album a pic of her rocking black tape on her face. NO DAMBS TO GIVE.

“Bitch better have my money. Pay me what you owe me.” Amen.

Note: I’m not a music blogger. I just happen to write about music-related foolery from time-to-time. This is basically notice for those who pitch me coverage for their artists (it happens several times a week). I’m not the right person. Check out SoulBounce if you need that.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• TheMochaPeach March 26, 2015, 2:25 pm

This song is everything. It’s also for reckless ass cousins who stay giving you the “wait till my tax return” comes speech!

Also..here for her strong Brooke Shields-esque brows in this pic! LOVE IT.

• leslie the geek March 26, 2015, 2:38 pm

TAX CHECK BALLIN’

• myssjones March 26, 2015, 6:46 pm

Hell yes,

• Rdeemed70 March 26, 2015, 2:30 pm

Is that braille on the side? What? She ain’t playin’…

• Cherie in the D March 27, 2015, 8:11 am

Just noticed the braille! LOL ing on the floor.

• Ms.Nikki March 26, 2015, 2:34 pm

#RECKLESSASSCOUSIN! YESSSS!

I’m present for ALL OF THIS!

• Sherry March 26, 2015, 3:01 pm

Lisssssten!!!
    This.
    Right.
    Here!
    Luvvie, thank you for turning me on to this. I work as a freelance photog/graphic designer – THE STRUGGLE!!!
    “Voice memo” – LMAO!!!
    This is about to be my office vm greeting!

• Carriecnh12 March 26, 2015, 3:08 pm

As a Bajan I can testify that Ri is singing that song for all of us who have had/ do have bosses that when come pay day, dey start spouting foolishness bout dey ain know if dey can pay de full amount dis week, say wuh, you betta gi me muh muney when 5:00 a’clock come round, I know how much de company mek dis week.
    The previous paragraph was written in the bajan dialect, because when we hear all manner of foolishness and people trying to test out patience it comes out super strong. 😉

• Risée March 27, 2015, 7:07 am

@Carriecnh12

Amen!

• notconvincedgranny March 26, 2015, 6:21 pm

Yeah, cause if you don’t come up with the cash she’ll have to keep using a Sharpie on those brows. You know Anastasia ain’t cheap.

• MoreBella March 26, 2015, 6:30 pm

Omg I as screaming!!!!!!!! She said Anastasia ain’t cheap!!!!

• myssjones March 26, 2015, 6:45 pm

I’m digging it.

• jada07 March 26, 2015, 8:16 pm

I want her to be my little sister sooooo bad!

• RaeJ March 26, 2015, 8:54 pm

Ummm…Well…

It may grow on me, but for now I will stick with AMG. His Bitch Betta Have My Money is hella dirty, but it went hard during house parties back in the 90s!

• wstr March 26, 2015, 10:40 pm

Yes! Net30/Net45 (etc) make the wait long enough – they need to have those checks ready ON day 30 (or 45)! Definitely the new contractor anthem.

• Denise March 27, 2015, 2:49 pm

I just now got an email from someone who can steady send requests for new work, but steady ignores requests for old payments. I’d be wrong to send a link to this song, but I will be playing it as I prep the invoice reminders.

• mzmiamiheat March 28, 2015, 6:34 am

I think she heard me saying this when I was waiting on my ex hubby to fork over his part of the money to pay for the divorce! #dontplay #iwantmyownname

• Lu March 30, 2015, 10:45 am

The complete insanity of this song made me love it the more I listen to it. And, her performance on iHeart Radio awards did me in.

• Marcelo N March 30, 2015, 8:26 pm

Well, I was about to start ranting on how I usually distrust this sort of “star” and how little we can actually trust this kind of “rebellious behaviour”. But d’you know what? I’ll focus on the theme itself. For, YEAH!!
    Most of my income comes from private lessons (I’m a teacher of foreign languages here in Brazil – English and Spanish) and students fail to grasp the basics of “I do this for a living, biatch” and “whether you have the #damb class or cancel it the night before, it is still a scheduled class to me, bastard”. [I’d better drop the mic here on no financial forecasting possible, or else I’ll cry myself to dung]
    I guess I won’t be playing this tune a lot, but I will still respect this young lady for what she apparently did, and use it as a reminder.

I celebrate thee, freelancers/self-employed slaves! It’s frigging “collecting/reminding” week and I’ll do my best to celebrate my own work as well 😉

MENU