Famous folksMusic

About Kim Kardashian’s Receipts and the Damsel in Distress, Taylor Swift

There are few times when I will high five Kim Kardashian for anything she does and this is one of those times. Because I’m petty. Lemme give you the quick rundown of what happened.

Kanye West released his “Famous” single and there’s a line in it that says “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that bitch famous / God damn I made that bitch famous.” Taylor Swift, the subject of that portion, has gone on to publicly say it’s offensive (which it is). But the tea of it all is that Kanye ran these lines by her before he even dropped the song. How do we know? Because he tweeted that he did back in February. But that isn’t enough proof so we got some receipts last night.

Kimberly K-West, his wife, went on her SnapChat and dropped video where we hear Kanye and Taylor’s convo over the phone as he went over it with her. Taylor’s response then: “I really appreciate you telling me about it. That’s really nice. It’s all very tongue-in-cheek either way.”

This picture is so wack for so many reasons.

This picture is so wack for so many reasons.

Taylor hopped her ass on Instagram with a paragraph, doe, talmbout “character assassination.” GIRLLLLLLLL. I’m so over Taylor, and this led me to a rant on Twitter last night. It is below. If you can’t see them, view on Storify.

My girl Samantha Irby said “THIS IS MY WIKILEAKS.” Same, to be honest. This is a Petty Lituation!

I bet Kris Jenner is somewhere steepling her fingers together like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons, talmbout “EXCELLENT.”

Dubya's Sway and Smiles to the Battle Hymn is My Favorite Thing About Today

Day 1 of Republican National Convention Was An Assemblage of Supreme Fuckshit

1. Sophia
    July 18, 2016 at 12:12 pm

You are so right Luvie. I am sick and tired of her and her damsel folks! I am waiting to see what her bff Lena will have to say on this ish too since she is a champion of white women in distress. And I can’t even stand those Ks but today I applaud Ray J’s ex🙊 (Just bn perty).😂

• Zan
      July 18, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Lena should have been the champion of the sister she molested…I’m sick of her and TayTay.

• Jenny
        July 18, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Word. That still gives me the creeps. I can’t stan for a thing Lenny does.

2. Jasmyn
    July 18, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Reading your Twitter rant made my life. You’re my favorite petty cousin in my head ❤

3. Ash
    July 18, 2016 at 12:45 pm

I agree with everything except for the Kanye made her famous stuff; it’s not like we weren’t all singing Love Story way before 2009 VMAs. Taylor reminds me of Veruca Salt.

• Shayna
      July 18, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Singing what?

• Drea
        July 18, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I had to look the dang song up. Lol

4. July 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Sooo…are you saying you didn’t think the line, “WE are never, ever, everrrrr getting back together” wasn’t sophisticated writing? **cackles**

5. Karen
    July 18, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Damn Luvvie!!! Your Twitter rant was everything. I’ve been over Taylor Swift since Kid Fury put me up on her shady self pitying antics a few years ago.

6. Poo me Taylor is a Liar
    July 18, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Also the lie that she’s an underdog. Her dad comes from 3 generations of bank presidents and her grandad on her mum’s side is an oil magnate. Think about how much money they had to invest in her and make sure her music was a success. Money that few other more talented musicians will never see in their lifetime.

7. Maxine Shaw, attorney-at-LOL
    July 18, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Speaking of mediocre…Taylor Swift cannot play the F-chord on the guitar. Why is that important? Because the F-chord is the FIRST FREAKING BARRE CHORD YOU LEARN. There’s even something called a “baby barre” that only uses four strings. And she can’t play it.

Watching her make all that money and get all those props with that dumb ass capo sliding all over the place…I can’t even call her mediocre. *I’m* mediocre. And I can play an (expletive) F-chord.

(Any Luvvbugs who are guitars, come commiserate with me.)

8. Janet
    July 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Luvie….hear me roar.. I am neither a West nor a Taylor fan..whatever….power to the both of them for being creative and talented. However I am certainly not a fan of the Kardashians..
    Well..wait.. I must admit I was hypnotized and amused by the show years ago..thinking . damn what is this all about??? Quickly tired of
    their bullshit life dramas…when I look around in my own life.. I hear my gram say..money can’t fix broke…and now I know what she meant.
    The only reason this confuses me is now it’s about race.. privileged white girl..true but talented and we all know there are plenty of privileged white girls who live their whole
    lives based on that fact alone..Did I hear Kardashian??? Hilton??? etc…
    Yeezy is a creative genius that is privileged and rich. Why do either of these people need to play any card?
    If you ask me both of these people got us all at the bridge picking sides and they are both laughing all the way to the bank!
    In case of an exodus… I would rather have Kanye and Taylor and call it a day(maybe they can finally consummate their sexual relationship).leave the Kardashians and the other #richkidsofbeveryhills to fend for themselves!

• notconvincedgranny
      July 18, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Ever heard “don’t hate the player, hate the game”? Fame is a truly old, rusty, dusty, crusty case of Monopoly. Blame should be fully assigned to those who MADE them famous. Kanye is NOW rich and privileged but whether you like his product or not, he HAD to work. He earned his Hydrox cookies, while Taylor has been spoon fed angel food cake – meaning they’re both getting fat but one had to actually learn to cook.

9. En
    July 18, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Taylor’s answer to everything is a lawsuit. All she needs to do is own up to her ass being wrong and trying to play the situation to her advantage, and be on her merry can’t-keep-a-man way. She gets celebrated for raking her exes through the coals in her “catchy” songs, but when she’s the subject of one lyric she goes bat shit. Only this time she got caught in her web of lies, because she was aware the whole time.

Everyone involved is a mess in one way or the other, but Taylor got exposed as a fraud and she can’t slink her way out of this one. Didn’t Katy Perry try to warn us about her?

10. TJ
    July 18, 2016 at 1:06 pm

The laughter that runneth over as I read your tweets!😂😂😂😂. You brought life to my “Just Another Manic Monday.” I have felt like I’ve been rubbernecking at the worst car accident ever with their shenanigans. 😂

11. Michelle
    July 18, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I didn’t listen to the snapchats, but from what i heard, Kanye read the line about them having sex, which was what she responded to with the it’s tongue in cheek comment. She even says that she’d refer to the phone call when they ask her thoughts on it and say they’d discussed it beforehand. He didn’t, from what I read, even mention the part about referring to her as a bitch he made famous on the phone call, which is why she was so offended/pissed when it came out.

That being said, that could just be her excuse and I agree with pretty much all you’ve written on the matter of privilege/damsel in distress here. Kim is just as privileged.

Last year, Nicki Minaj talked about the colossal disparity, especially for women of color in the music industry to be recognized for their work. I remember thinking,why is it more artists don’t stand up and talk about THAT instead of engaging in bullshit public Twitter wars with each other? Oh, because the tabloids and news sites are more interested in allowing people to rip each other apart for entertainment.

12. Milaxx
    July 18, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Taylor is the girl that Rizzo sings about in Grease, all “Look at me I’m Sandra Dee…” I too am not a Kim K fan, but this was awesome. I am also here for the 2nd hand dragging Selena Gomez got for her stupid tweet in defense of Taylor.

13. Darnel
    July 18, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Taylor Swift is the Piper Chapman of the music industry – The Read

• KayMee
      July 18, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Yes! Like Piper Chapman she’said always making everything about her. Then when she’s called out for that behavior she’s all, “why is everyone picking on me?” Go sit somewhere. #nevertrustabitch

• @tishushu
      July 18, 2016 at 5:13 pm

TRUTH DOT MF’N COM!!!! Mediocrity at it’s finest! Kid Fury knows of what he speaks…

14. AJ
    July 18, 2016 at 7:48 pm

She better shake it off and find a new penis to write a song too….thats how she usually copes with her mediocrity…her bedroom game must be like her career…..forgettableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Who does she think she is… Be’yonce? She gonna drop an album called green tea and make a mini movie now because she is big mad.

• Princesssookeh
      July 18, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Not Green Tea! X’D

15. July 18, 2016 at 8:10 pm

So…we’re not going to talk about how shady it is to record a convo without telling someone? To heck with running lyrics by someone!

M’kay….

• July 18, 2016 at 11:23 pm

> So…we’re not going to talk about how shady it is to record a convo without telling someone?

Nice try, Mel Gibson

16. July 18, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Look I don’t agree with recording conversations without the knowledge of either party, but Kim and Kanye know that Taylor likes to play the victim card and run to the nearest sympathetic ear crying about how “the mean people are picking on me”. So because of this known shady behaviour, K &K knew they would need their video and audio receipts to cover their behinds, so slander couldn’t be used, why? Because it’s not slander if it’s true.
    And how the heck did she land my bae Tom Hiddy, what fairy dust does she sprinkle on these men that bewitches them so? Hopefully he realises that being around her would be a detriment to his career and exits stage left with a quickness.

• Kenyatta
      July 19, 2016 at 8:34 am

Yesss! Tom Tom was boo #2 forever and then she started getting her germs on him. I had to let him go cuz obviously he aint got no sense. He has not befriended any of the other fools shes been with. He need a bro meeting with Jake, John, Calvin and One Direction asap

17. DLS77
    July 19, 2016 at 12:07 am

This is wack all the way around. Taylor definitely fits a mold, but let’s not front that she has had a few cute ditties. Y’all know you know the lyrics to Shake it Off 😆 she reminds me of Debbie Gibson in terms music. But yeah, she does seem like the kid who would be all up in the mix with you about a plan, but when s**the went awry , she would not only back out, she’d snitch and cry and say she was forced…

18. 1Chiq
    July 19, 2016 at 9:29 am

I wanna see the receipts!!!!!

19. Cererbrallyrachy
    July 19, 2016 at 9:59 am

Luvvie, I about choked on my coffee messing with you and your tweets. Somebody better be backing that brinks truck up to Ashanti’s house. She’s owed her due. 😂😂🔥🔥🔥

20. Tash
    July 19, 2016 at 11:54 am

I can’t stand Taylor, Kanye nor Kim K. BUT…in what may be slightly perceived as in defense of Taylor, from what I heard on the recordings, Kanye ONLY mentioned the line about having sex with her. He didn’t even bring up the “that bitch…i made that bitch famous” line. I don’t think that portion of the line was originally part of the “approval” process lol. So, although i honestly don’t care too much, I can understand why poor wittle TayTay is all up inside her feelings. Putting myself in her place (which is a dirty stretch but for the sake of discussion, I’mma roll with the nausea), I’d feel duped and angry too. Dude (Kanye) should have rapped the whole line for her to “approve” if he really wanted to get her feedback (i refuse to believe his wanting to avoid offending her was even sincere). But if that was the facade he was trying to uphold, he shouldn’t have left out the rest of the line. The ‘that bitch” nonsense was what she has a problem with and she was never given that info from what i can see.

anyways…this whole post was hilarious. i needed this today!

• July 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Exactly. I don’t think he mentioned he was going to use that line in the call. So I see why she would be upset.

21. […] days ago, I watched as (white) America’s sweetheart Taylor Swift doubled down on her well-worn damsel-in-distress routine after Kim Kardashian West—inarguably America’s most overexposed celebutante—revealed the […]

22. August 3, 2016 at 5:33 pm

As much as these videos offer what feels like the undeniable truth, a gotcha moment when Kim proved Taylor wrong, it s also abundantly clear that they don t present the full picture.

23. YmousAnon
    August 17, 2016 at 9:01 am

I know I’m late to the party, but people defending Taylor was making my brain hurt and my skin itch, so here goes:

1. It was not shady to record the call because he always records his creative process. Furthermore, she had no expectation of privacy because she knew she was on speaker phone, which not only negates shady, but also any imagined illegality.

2. Her first response was that there had been no communication whatsoever, so her editing that to say there was no communication about “bitch” still makes her a liar.

3. I was singing none of her songs before Kanye’s mic grab because I had never heard of her. My sister and I used to lament that Kanye was the reason we had to consistently hear her name after this fiasco. He made her famous to a large swathe of the population that had never heard of her. (It may be petty, but I used to turn the station every time they said they were queuing up her songs, just off of GP.)

In conclusion, eff Taylor and her woe is me schtick.