So I Took a Work Break and Now I’m Back!

My people! First of all, happy 2017! I’m saying this and the year is 16 days old and this is my first post. But what had happened was… in mid-December, I went on work hiatus, cuz I was more tired than whoever Chris Brown’s PR person gotta be.

The only thing on my agenda for my vacation was to do whatever I liked, and to ignore emails. I was supposed to plan myself a beach trip but the way my meh-dom was set up, that didn’t happen. I was still on social media (because I wanted to be) but I spent the last month lazying around, having no commitments and being the bum I know I can be. No traveling, no speaking engagements, no book signings. Any writing I did was in the form of FB statuses. If you follow me on Facebook, you didn’t have to miss me.

I did spend my time in the way I wanted to.

Luvvie at Whirlyball

This is 32. I went Whirlyballing.

I prayed into the new year. I turned 32. I binge-watched ALL 7 seasons and revival of Gilmore Girls on NetFlix (well, more like hate-watched). I watched some REALLY good films (Hidden Figures and Fences included. GO SEE THEM). I woke up late often. I ate too much. I bought too many pairs of shoes. I hung out with the people I love. I went lasertagging. I purged my closet a little. I had a ball.

I had a freaking ball! Not having anything on my calendar was freedom and I needed it to recharge so I can get to work and dropkick this year in the face. Also, so I could have the energy to fight and be a part of the Cheeto Satan resistance. Dumbledore’s Army gotta take naps, ya know.

I’ve done all that and now I’m back to minding everyone’s business, including my own. New posts to come, emails to be answered and all that good stuff.

It feels good to be back and I’ve missed y’all. So let’s get it! *cracks knuckles*

Smang It Body Roll

How you doing? How was your new year’s? Whatchu been up to?

P.S. My first newsletter of the year goes out on Friday. Sign up to get it!

P.P.S. Happy MLK Day!

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Tee January 16, 2017, 8:15 am

I snort laughed at Chris Brown’s PR person.
    Lmfaoo

• YvMarie January 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Can’t be any busier than Drumpf’s PR person.

• Drea January 16, 2017, 8:18 am

Welcome back, sister friend (in my head). Wishing you continued success this year and years to come!

• DL White January 16, 2017, 8:47 am

Can Cheeto Satan Resistance be a real thing? Welcome back, Luvvie!

• Tiffany January 16, 2017, 9:08 am

Welcome back!! Sounds like time well spent!! Have definitely been following on FB as well. LMAO at “Chris Brown’s PR person.”

• Trina January 16, 2017, 9:20 am

So glad to have you back and ready as hell to see you drop kick 2017 in da thoke!

• Honey January 16, 2017, 10:35 am

Happy New Year, cousin! There has been so much happening these past 2 weeks I need you to speak on. I’m glad you are rested, because the horcruxes have been identified and we have work to do.

• Tahnda January 16, 2017, 11:09 am

Missed you, but our people have been on it (me too)! The cheeto resistance is in full force ✊🏾-as noted in the dragging of trump (did he really come for John Lewis?) & Steve Harvey (now he’s a relationship AND housing & urban development EXPERT???) My new tag is #SALTYfor4

• shantel January 16, 2017, 12:34 pm

Welcome Back!

I’m sure the Luvv Nation has a list as long as Santa Claus of people that need to be judged by Luvvie.

• Margaret January 16, 2017, 12:40 pm

You still crazy. Welcome back sistafriend

• Dee January 16, 2017, 1:42 pm

Ah, happy that you took time out for yourself, and also that you’re back with us, again.

Yes, truly, welcome back, Luvvie!

• Toni January 16, 2017, 2:21 pm

We missed you SO MUCH! I need thee this week before Cheeto Satan begins his reign. This lady at work just said Trump was “a really good God-fearing man” and “he’s really trying to help the inner city” JESUS BE A FENCE. I told my boss I could NOT do it, definitely not on Martin’s day, and promptly put in my earphones.

• Lisa Stone January 16, 2017, 2:47 pm

What Toni said! We missed you Luvvie, welcome back fearless leader.

• Gina January 16, 2017, 7:20 pm

It was dry as bad Jolof! Welcome back!!

• Musette January 16, 2017, 7:36 pm

Welcome Back!
    The past few days I’ve been trying to make even a LITTLE bit of sense about the pending madness – and I started thinking ‘maybe this.THIS is what will shake more complacent people (myself included, alas) to be WOKE about how fragile our democracy really is.
    And something kept nagging at me – ‘where did I first get this idea?’ – and then I remembered:

It was your ‘Sula’ reference. Sad and awful as it may be – perhaps he is our Sula.

and Toni – wth? Is that lady on CRACK? Solid, rock-sucking CRACK?

• Toni January 17, 2017, 12:02 pm

just a raggely owl (old white lady) who is proud of her ignorance. I’m the only chocolate drop in the whole building in the REDDEST state (literally ALL of our counties voted for him) so yea, I’m outchea just waiting on my Blaxit pass to come in the mail.

• Dorothy January 20, 2017, 11:08 am

Toni!!! I just about choked on my meatloaf at my desk when I read raggely owl and it’s meaning. That just gave me my entire life!

• Siima January 17, 2017, 2:47 am

Sooooo glad you’re back! There’s just too much foolishness in the world and we need your commentary on it. I’m not an American but I am in full support of the Cheeto Satan Resistance Army. LuvvNation, unite!

• Paula January 17, 2017, 9:55 am

So glad to see you back!!! I know you needed the rest! Yes, you will need that time off to face this year, and all that’s about to take place….we all will, but you always make it just a little bit easier for us all to deal. Whether it’s just a giggle, or a snort, or a flat out laugh out loud at my desk!! Thank you for your dedication, and for just putting it out there like you always do….. Also, glad to see you are back before Scandal begins. lol!!

• Lolly January 17, 2017, 2:35 pm

Luvvie, thank you for coming back!

Y’all know how sometimes folks with kids be like “I am leaving and I’m nevah comin’ back! These kids want too much and I need a break!” Welp, we are your kids and I got scared you was gonna enjoy your freedom and not return. It’s hard to start sharing the Jolof again when you’ve had it all to yourself for a month. :o)

Welcome back! Now let’s do some major damage to that Orange Hitler and all the house negroes that flocked to his golden shower…er, ahem, I meant…golden tower (for a gold shower probably! lol) to kiss his pee-soaked ring.
    #TimeToFight #PeeFlavoredCheetosIsGross

• Stacy January 19, 2017, 4:19 pm

Welcome back Luvvie! I’m glad you’re rested because it’s about tog et real on Friday. Can’t wait to see what you write about President Cheeto’s inauguration.

• Dorothy January 20, 2017, 11:10 am