I travel a lot for work and for play. Travel can be fun, but when you do it a lot, it can be taxing on the body and mind. That is why it’s important to travel well, with as many things to minimize your inconvenience and optimize the circumstance.
This year, I have traveled over 78,000 miles on 28 trips to 20 cities in 7 countries. Every year, I average about 110 flights. Perfecting the art of travel was really important for me.
To ensure that my in-flight experience is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, there are my must-haves every time I’m on a plane.
My Travel Must-Haves
- Scarf/Travel Wrap – Because cold airplane cabins are cold AF. I throw mine over my head to keep my hair and skin from drying out completely.
- Compression socks – To help with blood circulation and prevent blood clots. This is especially important for long flights.
- Eye mask – Makes sleeping easier, even when your rude seat mate has the window up
- Noise-Cancellation headphones – Because airplanes are really noisy and the headphones make them way more quiet. they suck the sound out of any room you’re in. My faves: Bose QuietComfort 35
- Sanitizer wipes – There are germs everywhere and airplanes harbor them. Don’t take the risk! Wipe down seat and tray table and your hands.
- Portable battery charger – Because running out of battery for your phone is a nightmare, especially when working outlets are not guaranteed on flights.
- Lip balm – Dry plane air and long hauls = chapped lips. Always keep this in your pocket
- Lotion – Your hands will look like you’ve been playing with powdered donuts if you don’t have good lotion with you
- Face oil – This seals in moisture in your face, so you can step off the flight without looking like you lost a fight
- Travel Adapter (for international travel) – Your adapters and electronic chargers won’t work outside of the country without these
Listen to my Rants & Randomness podcast episode on my Travel Essentials
Shop my FAVES
These are the exact products I have and love. Click through to shop them!